Author Topic: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade  (Read 27618 times)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
Perhaps there are no other Catholics in here, so no shame is then intended for those who remain silent.

No, there is another Catholic in here. But since Rich has designated himself as "the one who decides who should and should not be Catholic" in this group, I figured it wasn't worth the time.

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2007, 03:37:25 PM »

A catholic defending the American left and radical Islam.
Disgusting.

Interesting and revealing choice of comment. 

Wonder if Richpo thinks a Catholic who defends the "American Left" should be excommunicated?  I only posit this because Richpo often seems to assess and offer an opinion of some variance from his lynch rope mentality by first expressing how much he "HATES" it, and then demanding they be severely punished well beyond the pale.

One encounters this same kind of call for universal rigidity of comformity of right-wing subscription among the fundi/evan crowd, which I have railed against for the last ten years--railing against those who say nothing while the loud and rowdy Protestant Right scream on.

Now we see rudimentary and increasing evidence of the Catholic extremists doing the same.

Mel Gibson, that whacky TV Irish Priest who never blinks his eyes, of course Richpo, etc.

Extremism.

Perhaps there are no other Catholics in here, so no shame is then intended for those who remain silent.

Or maybe they agree with Richpo--that it is disgusting that anti-extremism in the Catholic Church maintains a voice.
[/quote]

Hmmm, I'm Lutheran. Does that count?  ;)

Richpo64

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »
>>But since Rich has designated himself as "the one who decides who should and should not be Catholic" in this group"<<

This from the defender of terrorists baby killers.

Spare me.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2007, 08:47:18 PM »
>>But since Rich has designated himself as "the one who decides who should and should not be Catholic" in this group"<<

WAY BEYOND uncalled for, Rich    >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »
>>WAY BEYOND uncalled for, Rich<<

ppfffftttt

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:43 PM »
One wonders how many babies yellow crane has actually killed.

I am guessing zero.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2007, 07:59:37 AM »

Spare me.

Interesting, in that I've never defended a terrorist's actions. Ever. I've only spoken up to defend Muslims who are being wrongly defined as such by affiliation.

But Rich would have all Muslims killed... just to be sure no terrorists were missed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:01:28 AM by Henny »

Richpo64

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
>>But Rich would have all Muslims killed... just to be sure no terrorists were missed.<<

You're pretty mouthy for a Muslim's wife.

:-X

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
>>But Rich would have all Muslims killed... just to be sure no terrorists were missed.<<

Shit - you're right! I should be walking 10 paces behind all the men in these debates.  ::)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »

Don't you have a Tridentine Mass to get to? Maybe some poor people to spit on?
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Richpo64

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »
>>Shit - you're right! I should be walking 10 paces behind all the men in these debates.<<

Don't blame me. I'm not telling you you're a second class citizen. As far as I'm concerned, you can leave the house any time you like.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:24 PM »
>>Shit - you're right! I should be walking 10 paces behind all the men in these debates.<<

Don't blame me. I'm not telling you you're a second class citizen. As far as I'm concerned, you can leave the house any time you like.

Again  ::)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »
Rich needs a gal to walk ten steps ahead, just in case an evil Muslim jumps out with a bomb!

I hear they are all over Ohio, because you know if we weren't in Iraq, Ohio would have been the next target.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Richpo64

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
"Men have authority over women beause God made the one superior to the other." (Qur'ran 4:34)

"Your women are a tilth (a field) for you to cultivate so go yo your tilth as ye will." (2:223)

"Good women are obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them." (4:34)

Hell, even Muhammad hit his wives. He hit his wife Aisha. she said, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: 'Do you think Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you.'?"

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »
"Men have authority over women beause God made the one superior to the other." (Qur'ran 4:34)

"Your women are a tilth (a field) for you to cultivate so go yo your tilth as ye will." (2:223)

"Good women are obedient, guarding in secret what Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them." (4:34)

Hell, even Muhammad hit his wives. He hit his wife Aisha. she said, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: 'Do you think Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you.'?"

And yet Muslims do not believe that women endure painful childbirth because of the sin in the Garden of Eden.

Rich, it's bullshit and you're grabbing at anything you can. We could evaluate the Bible on the same points, and in fact, fundies follow those particular rules very closely. In Islam you have fundies that follow along in a similar way, but the majority do not.

As for my own husband, if he ever tried to lay a hand on me, I'd kick his ass.  :D  That said, he never would try such a thing to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 01:40:30 PM by Henny »