Author Topic: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade  (Read 27620 times)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Evangelical groups make war on terror look like a Crusade
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2007, 03:44:57 PM »
>>Bull! You see images in Afghanistan of women being beaten. Fundamentalist and extremist. This is not typical of the Muslim world.<<

Hmmm ... define typical?

How would you know what goes on in Pakistani, or Iranian, or Jordanian households? Address what Muhammad teaches rather than skirting the issue.

And how would you know what goes on in their households? I at least can say that I've been in many more than you have. And yes, I understand that my experiences are still very few.

I did address the teachings. And I can't see past that fact that the Bible teaches similar things... and that fundie Christians follow it. Fundie Muslims do the same.

Why are you so hell-bent on portraying these people as being so different from others? Why do you want to portray things in such a twisted manner? I can't disagree that their are definitely Muslim men who beat their wives. But who in this group hasn't known a Christian, American woman who suffered through such an experience at the hands of a Christian man?

Richpo64

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »
>>Why are you so hell-bent on portraying these people as being so different from others? Why do you want to portray things in such a twisted manner?<<

Why do you refuse to admit the truth?

Let me make this clear right now. I do not believe that all Muslims are all terrorists, or that all Muslims are wife beaters. I do believe their profit was, and I do believe that Islam condones it. I also believe Islam is a dangerous religion. Proof? Do I really need to provide anything other than a daily newspaper?

No, not all Muslims are dangerous or terrorists. I suggest this majority you speak of get off their ass and do something about the 70 million people who take Muhammad literally, if in fact he wasn't meant to be. I would greatly prefer that they do because if we have to, we will. We will have no choice.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
Let me make this clear right now. I do not believe that all Muslims are all terrorists, or that all Muslims are wife beaters. I do believe their profit was, and I do believe that Islam condones it. I also believe Islam is a dangerous religion. Proof? Do I really need to provide anything other than a daily newspaper?

I don't think the daily newspaper is the beginning or the end of the story.

No, not all Muslims are dangerous or terrorists. I suggest this majority you speak of get off their ass and do something about the 70 million people who take Muhammad literally, if in fact he wasn't meant to be. I would greatly prefer that they do because if we have to, we will. We will have no choice.

What would you suggest as a plan of action for the moderates?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
>>Point being Rich, each religion's "textbooks", have passages that would subjugate women & kill the "unclean"., passages that can be so easily applied to the 21st century.<<

They can?

YES, they could.  Those that kill Dr's that perform abortions are often citing such passages

>>I'm confident that Muslims have similar passages and commands to do such within the Koran, which leaves us the extreme militants of each religion as the folks we should be focused on, and not simply the religion of Islam<<

Your kidding yourself. These people's actions are rooted in their religion, how can you ignore that?

Because I can differentiate between those who see their religion as a religion of peace, and those who see their religion as the ONLY religion the world is to know and be subjugated to.  I'm not giving a pass to those who advocate Jihad, like that Kent State Professor, but I can point to him as one of the problems, vs the religion of Islam as the problem". 

Seriously though, are you actually trying to validate Miss Henny's article that that those who head Western Civilization, such as Bush are really on some global crusade to rid the world of Muslims??  You sure seem to be an example that the article would be referencing.     :-\
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 02:12:08 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »
>>What would you suggest as a plan of action for the moderates?<<

Given that this 70 million person minority is engaging in armed struggle, I suggest the majority meet them in kind. Since anyone who speaks out against them is under penalty of death anyway, what other choice is there?  If they did so, this problem would be dealt with in short order. They should do what Jordon did to the PLO.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2007, 12:44:58 AM »

Given that this 70 million person minority is engaging in armed struggle, I suggest the majority meet them in kind. Since anyone who speaks out against them is under penalty of death anyway, what other choice is there?  If they did so, this problem would be dealt with in short order. They should do what Jordon did to the PLO.

Eodous 20

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

There seems to be a distinction to make between Islam and those who want to use Islam .

Someone who is serious about Islam is guided by scripture and trys to make himself obedient  , perhaps mindfull of the third commandment he would avoid committing a crime and blameing the idea on the Lord.

Christians have the same set of Comandments , and should just as much avoid blameing our bad behaviors on God.

Conflict is a part of the human condition and we are seldom far from it , butis this a crse we produce for ourselves?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2007, 12:52:25 AM »
Are you two being intentionally obtuse?

Please reign this in Rich , debate is supposed to provide opposition and competition , I hope we can run a forum in which you can almost always find an opponent .

Haveing opponents avalible is a good goal for us isn't it?

I reccomend thate nottry to run off the best of the opposition , nor even the second quality of oppostion , if we are unreleiveidly unbearable it may not be the worst that leave first but the best , then what will we be left with?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2007, 01:08:29 AM »

A catholic defending the American left and radical Islam.
Disgusting.

Interesting and revealing choice of comment. 

Wonder if Richpo thinks a Catholic who defends the "American Left" should be excommunicated?  I only posit this because Richpo often seems to assess and offer an opinion of some variance from his lynch rope mentality by first expressing how much he "HATES" it, and then demanding they be severely punished well beyond the pale.

One encounters this same kind of call for universal rigidity of comformity of right-wing subscription among the fundi/evan crowd, which I have railed against for the last ten years--railing against those who say nothing while the loud and rowdy Protestant Right scream on.

Now we see rudimentary and increasing evidence of the Catholic extremists doing the same.

Mel Gibson, that whacky TV Irish Priest who never blinks his eyes, of course Richpo, etc.

Extremism.

Perhaps there are no other Catholics in here, so no shame is then intended for those who remain silent.

Or maybe they agree with Richpo--that it is disgusting that anti-extremism in the Catholic Church maintains a voice.

Hmmm, I'm Lutheran. Does that count?  ;)
[/quote]

Of course it counts .

God seems to be in perfect agreement with every preacher on Earth at the same time ,accordng to themselves , since many of the expositors  on Gods mind disagree we can presume that some of them are wrong, perhaps only a few of them , or none of them are right .

I think that an individual should not try to avoid comeig to his own understanding , accepting instruction from others with both prayer and a grain o salt.

Trying to know scripture, trying to God, for oneself isn't easy but it can make it less likey to be mislead.

John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
John 10:3-5 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:26-28 (in Context) John 10 (Whole Chapter)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2007, 09:35:04 AM »
They should do what Jordon did to the PLO.

Now how does that work? Jordan is a country under one leader. Muslims worldwide live in various countries with various different leaders, different cultures, different lives. How should they organize?