Author Topic: Hillary Care?...try Hillary's Snare  (Read 2606 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Hillary Care?...try Hillary's Snare
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
You may have ideas, but you apparently have no idea what your "free" health care costs you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »
I don't think it matters to Tee, so long as "the rich" are paying for it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
Seems to me a universal service should require universal contributions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
Of course in this case, "contributions" are mandatory, and skewed so that "the rich" pay "their fair share".  Did I get enough buzz/code words in that sentence?    ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »
<<You may have ideas, but you apparently have no idea what your "free" health care costs you. >>

I know the more important fact that it costs us less per capita than your system costs you and we get better results from it.  MUCH better results. 

You're stuck with the facts that (1) you pay MORE per capita for health care than any other country and (2) you are WAY behind most of the rest of the world in the results you have to show for it.

And all you poor suckers can hang your hat on (and keep harping on)  is:  "Tee doesn't know what his system actually costs."  As if knowing that fact would in any way alter the basic equation of you guys paying more than us and getting less. 

Hey, if you're so fucking interested in that little detail, why don't you read the Romanow Report?  It's all in there for you.  Every insignificant, nit-picking detail.  Reminder, math genius:  whatever the figure is, it's meaningless without the corresponding U.S. figure for comparison.  Which you probably don't know either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 02:35:11 PM »
<<You may have ideas, but you apparently have no idea what your "free" health care costs you. >>

I know the more important fact that it costs us less per capita than your system costs you and we get better results from it.  MUCH better results.  

Which of course is why folks are flocking from the U.S. to Canada for their healthcare.....oh wait, it's the other way around. 

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 02:38:32 PM »
Of course in this case, "contributions" are mandatory, and skewed so that "the rich" pay "their fair share".  Did I get enough buzz/code words in that sentence?    ;)

Nothing wrong with that.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »

Nothing wrong with that.

Kinda what I thought

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
Reminder, math genius:  whatever the figure is, it's meaningless without the corresponding U.S. figure for comparison.  Which you probably don't know either.

Well i glanced at the  Romanow Report. Interestingly i found out the the Canadian Medicare system is funded primariliy at the province level and up until recently most of that was through sales taxation. Naturally the report was light on what that percentage was. It's almost like the govt is hiding actually cost to the average citizen.

And per capita spending or per capita share figures are meaningless since the figure is diluted by the numbers who are subsidized and get a free ride. .