Author Topic: NYT editor slams paper over 'General Betray Us' ad  (Read 2746 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NYT editor slams paper over 'General Betray Us' ad
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 01:18:06 AM »
<<in trying to answer the question, without actually answering the question, she refused to condemn the MoveOn ad. >>

True enough I didn't see this, but all reports indicate that she condemned "all ads that attack veterans" in which case, she DID condemn  the MoveOn ad.  So I just can't understand why you would say that she refused to condemn the MoveOn ad.   

Because she didn't.  She avoided it like the plague

I tell you quite honestly, had I been in her place, I would have told them to go to hell, that there was nothing at all wrong with the ad

Well, that doesn't come as any surprise, which again is probably why you don't have a problem with her not doing so in this instance.  It's ok though, even though only a small minority of folks agreed with it, that response was completely expected & consistent

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 02:15:51 AM »
<< . . . which again is probably why you don't have a problem with her not doing so [condemning the MoveOn ad] in this instance. >>

As I've told you before, I have a problem with her in that she DID condemn the MoveOn ad when she should have defended it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 02:24:09 AM »
<< . . . which again is probably why you don't have a problem with her not doing so [condemning the MoveOn ad] in this instance. >>

As I've told you before, I have a problem with her in that she DID condemn the MoveOn ad when she should have defended it.

And as I've told you before, having actually WATCHED it, she didn't,  Even the panel, including hard line lib Juan Williams noted the cowardly dodge
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 02:33:50 AM »
But how can you say that she didn't condemn the ad, when all printed reports say that she answered by claiming that she condemned ALL ads that attacked vets?  Did she or did she not make such a statement?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 03:00:08 AM »
Did she make a statement condemning all ads? yes.  Did she take the time to actually single out ads aimed at Kerry & Cleland, without even being asked?, yes.  Did she answer the direct question regarding MoveOn, asked of her twice?  No

Cowardice, but at least we know now who butters her bread.  Though in all honesty, we kinda already did
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:42:44 AM by sirs »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.