Author Topic: Check out this AWESOME itinerary  (Read 4614 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Check out this AWESOME itinerary
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
They do not read any crap about "generally admissible". They just take the cheese and never give it back. And you had better not complain. Dissent is not allowed on any plane.

Last time I traveled internationally, customs inspections were not done on the plane.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Check out this AWESOME itinerary
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
Look, it's like this: no matter what the Hell the regulations say, when the plane is about to touch down, they ask if anyone has cheese or fruit. If you say you do, they take it away from you and they throw it away. Just imagine what would happen on an airliner if you demanded it back.The Fascist HSA would have you scrunched down with your face on the carpet and their knees in your back and your name would go on the "never allow on a plane again" list.

They do not read any crap about "generally admissible". They just take the cheese and never give it back. And you had better not complain. Dissent is not allowed on any plane.

I've never flown with cheese, but in my experience, on planes coming into the U.S. each passenger is given a Customs Declaration form. You fill it out on the plane and then present it when you go through customs. Most times they take your word for it when they check your form, but occasionally they do random searches (and of course others based on legitimate suspicion).

When I go through this upcoming time, I will deliberately attempt to bring some French cheese into the U.S. (declared). I'll let you know how I fair, and if I get through I'll send you some via overnight delivery.  :)