Author Topic: Cut Israel Off  (Read 2260 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cut Israel Off
« on: November 17, 2007, 01:54:52 PM »
Cut Israel Off
by Charley Reese

It is long past time for American politicians to quit carrying water for the state of Israel and its powerful U.S. lobby. Congress' craven obedience to the lobby is a disgrace.

America's strategic interests in the Middle East lie with the Arab countries. Israel is a strategic and economic liability. The U.S. government's slavish support of Israel brands us as a hypocrite and is responsible for most of the hostility toward the U.S.

Americans have been brainwashed into believing that it's the Arabs, and the Palestinians in particular, who don't want peace. That is a big lie. The Palestinians made an enormous concession when they agreed to settle for a state on 18 percent of Palestine. Saudi Arabia proposed several years ago a peace plan in which all of the Arab countries would recognize Israel in exchange for Israeli withdrawal from the occupied territories. The Israelis rejected it out of hand, just as they reject Arab efforts to have the Middle East a nuclear-free zone.

Israel's goal is and always has been to take all of Palestine and to get rid of the Palestinians. The Israelis employed ethnic cleansing in 1948 and again in 1967 to make hundreds of thousands of Palestinians refugees. For 40 years, the Israelis have refused to give back the Palestinian and Syrian lands they seized in war. They have blatantly violated international law by building settlements on occupied land, and by violating the airspace of other sovereign countries.

Palestinians are the victims, not the villains, in this case. The Israelis make their lives miserable in the hope they will give up and leave. At the same time, the Israelis, in cahoots with the American government, maintain a charade of proposed peace talks. They of course never come to fruition. The Israeli government is not about to allow the Palestinians to have a viable state. If they give the Palestinians anything, it will be a patchwork of enclaves completely surrounded and controlled by Israel. Having created 700,000 Palestinian refugees, the Israelis have from the beginning refused to allow them to return to their homes, farms and businesses, all of which Israel confiscated on the specious grounds that they were "abandoned property."

Without U.S. aid, which now is conservatively estimated to total $108 billion (think of the infrastructure and schools that amount could build in the U.S.), and without the U.S. wielding its veto every time the United Nations tries to act, none of this would be possible.

It is not just the Muslim world that hates our pro-Israel foreign policy, for sound reasons that it is unjust and cruel. Europeans and others around the world are contemptuous of America's slavelike obedience to a small foreign power. It has gotten to the point that to be seen as an ally of the United States is viewed negatively.

The Arab and Muslim people, with the exception of al-Qaeda, don't hate America or Americans. It is the pro-Israel foreign policy and, of course, our invasions of two Muslim countries that they hate. Virtually all of the anti-Arab and anti-Muslim propaganda generated in this country has its source in the Israeli lobby and in Israel itself.

Thanks to the unconstitutional largess of the cowardly Congress, Israel is a rich country and one of the world's leading military powers. It doesn't need American aid. It is time to quit dancing to the tune of a lobby with dual loyalties and to pursue America's interests.

Americans are being betrayed by their own politicians, and it's time to treat those scoundrels with the contempt they deserve.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Cut Israel Off
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
I have no problem cutting EVERYONE off, Saudis especially
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »
Crap.

If you agree, there has to be something inherently wrong with the idea.

I may have to rethink this.

;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
LOL

Keep in mind though, that my desire to cut off everyone, including the Saudis, equates to supporting the need for greater energy independence right here for America ---> increase drilling in Alaska/ANWR, increased buidling of oil refineries, and absolutely an increase in the amount of Nuclear Power Plant construction
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 02:13:13 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 02:16:51 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

You've somehow tapped into my mind, and you're using it against me!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:19:50 PM »
Reboot your computer........FAST.......before I've completed the transferrence       *sinister laugh*

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
That article makes a lot of sense.  Give 'em a year or two to clean up their act if so inclined but make it clear that at the end of the warning period, the axe WILL fall.  Time they stood alone if possible or folded if not.  There is too big a cost associated with the support of their oppressive and aggressive policies.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »
I have no problem cutting EVERYONE off, Saudis especially

I agree, Sirs. Cut them all off and let the pieces fall where they may. (And like you I mean ALL.)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »
 8)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 06:28:53 PM »
Don't just cut 'em all off, but pull back all our troops, close all our military bases outside the US.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 08:57:31 PM »
Don't just cut 'em all off, but pull back all our troops, close all our military bases outside the US.

I totally concur, including Isreal.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 09:21:33 AM »
I fail to see why it should be necessary to disconnect with all foreign nations, just because the US no longer (as if it ever did) have so close a relationship with Israel.
Our ties should be with Canada, Mexico, the rest of the Americans and Europe, Japan, S. Korea, Australia and S. Africa, in that order. And there is no reason why the US should not offer humanitarian aid to those who most need it, like Haiti, Bangladesh or the Philllipines.

I am not opposed to cultural ties to Israel, but military aid and huge subsidies for development and borrow and never repay loans are not in our advantage.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 09:29:40 AM »
Okay, I'll buy that option as well. But all troops, etc come out of anyplace else like Saudi Arabia.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:32:31 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
Isreal under no  threat would not need aid at all.

But would haveing no aid at all reduce the threat at all?

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
If we had not completely supported them since 1947, would there be the increased threat against us from the Arab world?

One of the excuses used to invade Iraq was that they had not complied with UN resolutions. Israel has been in non-compliance with UN resolutions for years, but we continue to support them. Israel is a constant source of friction between us and members of the Arab world, whose friendship would benefit us far more than propping up the government in Israel and sending them billions in aid so they can continue their oppression of the Palestinians.