Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread  (Read 53949 times)

Richpo64

Re: Hillary Clinton Is Wrong For America Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 12:56:14 AM »
>> ... or you just are going to cheer anyone who tops Hillary?<<

I'm a bit torn when it comes to Mrs. Clinton getting the democrat nomination. What are her negatives, 50 percent? There's no way a candidate can win with those kind of negatives, can she?

We know the current crop of democrat voters would for for Charles Manson if he ran as a democrat, so I suppose it may come down to turn out. Republican hate her (rightfully so), and democrats are democrats. So does Mrs. Clinton pose less of a threat than B. Hussein Obama? Obama in nothing more than a stuffed suit. He's Black, if that matters, but he has less experience than even Mrs. Clinton. Will he energize the democrats into coming out in big numbers? Who can tell?

I have a solution! Nominate Kucinich! He's your winner!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 01:04:39 AM »
Go Obama, Go!

Ricky - is it that you support Obama, or you just are going to cheer anyone who tops Hillary?

IMHO, Obama's would be just as bad, as he's just as liberal as she record wise, but even worse on national defense issues.  At least Hillary is for the troops, when she's against the troops, while for the troops
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »
Ricky - is it that you support Obama, or you just are going to cheer anyone who tops Hillary?

I'm not going to act like the Democrats when they pretended like they would vote for McCain when he was running against Bush. I would never vote for any of the left wingers running on the Democrat side. I have nothing personal against Obama, though, so I probably wouldn't start an Obama thread like this one. Would I love to see Hillary defeated in the Democrat primary, something that she apparently believes she's entitled to, and fall flat on her face? Absolutely! There's now a real race on the Democrat side; there's no doubt about it.

I'm genuinely fearful of Hillary getting elected and passing socialized medicine into law (hiking up everybody's taxes dramatically), and also of the leftist feminists she would likely appoint to the Supreme Court in her and Janet Reno's own image.  The next president might be naming 2 new Justices. Hillary is the last person in the world I would want naming them.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »

I'm not going to act like the Democrats when they pretended like they would vote for McCain when he was running against Bush. I would never vote for any of the left wingers running on the Democrat side. I have nothing personal against Obama, though, so I probably wouldn't start an Obama thread like this one. Would I love to see Hillary defeated in the Democrat primary, something that she apparently believes she's entitled to, and fall flat on her face? Absolutely! There's now a real race on the Democrat side; there's no doubt about it.

I'm genuinely fearful of Hillary getting elected and passing socialized medicine into law (hiking up everybody's taxes dramatically), and also of the leftist feminists she would likely appoint to the Supreme Court in her and Janet Reno's own image.  The next president might be naming 2 new Justices. Hillary is the last person in the world I would want naming them.

R.R., I am afraid that some type of socialized medicine is likely to get passed, even if a Republican gets in to office again (unlikely). Costs are simply getting out of control. For example, a recent controversy surrounds the phenomenal rise of medical collections that are negatively impacting people's credit reports.

see http://origin.bankrate.com/brm/news/insur/20020828a.asp
http://www.thinkglink.com/Late_Medical_Bills.htm
http://credit.about.com/b/2007/06/08/do-medical-collections-affect-your-credit-score.htm
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/Yourcreditrating/P121551.asp
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:23:21 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »
R.R., I am afriad that some type of socialized medicine is likley to get passed, even if a Republican gets in to office again

Which Republican supports socialized care?

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 01:28:56 PM »
Dunno. Doesn't matter. Events have moved beyond it, IMHO.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 01:37:48 PM »
No Republican presidential candidate supports socialized medicine.

The answer to your problem is to contact the co. that made the collection request and get it taken off your credit report, not to elect Hillary Clinton.

You don't need the government to do that. Make some phone calls.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »
Rasmussen: Top GOP contenders all lead Hillary in Florida

By Kathy Miller | Posted 3 hours, 29 minutes ago

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of the presidential race in Florida shows former Big Apple Mayor Rudy Giuliani with a lead over Senator Hillary Clinton of 46% to 41%. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney leads the former First Lady 46% to 39%. Former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson has a nine point edge 47% to 38%, while Arizona Senator John McCain leads by ten, 48% to 38%.

---------

Hillary is not electable.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 01:14:24 AM »
Now Hillary's New Hampshire lead is shrinking!

Hillary Clinton's lead in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination is shrinking in New Hampshire.

The senator from New York saw a 23-point lead over her closest rival in September decrease to 14 points in a new CNN/WMUR New Hampshire presidential primary poll conducted by the University of New Hampshire.

When asked who they would support if the primary were held today, 36 percent of likely Democratic primary voters backed Clinton, 22 percent supported Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois and 13 percent favored former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina.

--------------------

The Queen is faltering.

Honesty is a huge issue for the voters in New Hampshire and Iowa. Hillary is failing that test. Even Democrats now question her honesty and integrity.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »
Op-Ed Columnist

She's No Morgenthau

By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: November 21, 2007

Most of the time, Barack Obama seems like he's boxing in the wrong weight class. But Monday in Fort Dodge, Iowa, he delivered an unscripted jab that was a beaut.

At a news conference, the Illinois senator was asked about Hillary Clinton's attack on his qualifications. Making an economic speech in Knoxville, Iowa, earlier that day, the New York senator had touted her own know-how, saying that "there is one job we can't afford on-the-job training for -- that's the job of our next president." Her aides confirmed that she was referring to Obama.

Pressed to respond, Obama offered a zinger feathered with amused disdain: "My understanding was that she wasn't Treasury secretary in the Clinton administration, so I don't know exactly what experiences she's claiming."

Everybody laughed, including Obama.

It took him nine months, but he finally found the perfect pitch to make a trenchant point.

Her Democratic rivals had meekly gone along, accepting her self-portrait as a former co-president who gets to take credit for everything important Bill Clinton did in the '90s. But she was not elected or appointed to a position that needed Senate confirmation. And the part of the Clinton administration that worked best -- the economy, stupid -- was run by Robert Rubin. (RR - The economy is better now, but I cede the point). Hillary did not show good judgment in her areas of influence -- the legal fiefdom, health care and running oppo-campaigns against Bill's galpals.

She went on some first lady jaunts and made a good speech at a U.N. women's conference in Beijing. But she was certainly not, as her top Iowa supporter, former governor Tom Vilsack claimed yesterday on MSNBC, "the face of the administration in foreign affairs."

She was a top adviser who had a Nixonian bent for secrecy and a knack for hard-core politicking. But if running a great war room qualified you for president, Carville and Stephanopoulos would be leading the pack.

Obama's one-liner evoked something that rubs some people the wrong way about Hillary. Getting ahead through connections is common in life. But Hillary cloaks her nepotism in feminism.

"She hasn't accomplished anything on her own since getting admitted to Yale Law," wrote Joan Di Cola, a Boston lawyer, in a letter to The Wall Street Journal this week, adding: "She isn't Dianne Feinstein, who spent years as mayor of San Francisco before becoming a senator, or Nancy Pelosi, who became Madam Speaker on the strength of her political abilities. All Hillary is, is Mrs. Clinton. She became a partner at the Rose Law Firm because of that, senator of New York because of that, and (heaven help us) she could become president because of that."

The Clinton campaign in Iowa is in a panic. Obama has been closing the gap with women and her ginning up of gender has lost her male votes. Speaking around Iowa this week, Obama made the point that his exotic upbringing, family in Kenya and years as an outsider allow him to see the world with more understanding, and helped form his judgment about resisting the Iraq war.

"I spent four years living overseas when I was a child living in Southeast Asia," he said. "If you don't understand these cultures then it's very hard for you to make good foreign policy decisions. Foreign policy is all about judgment."

President Bush is not so enamored of Obama's foreign policy judgment. He gave a plug to Hillary on ABC News last night, calling her a "formidable candidate," even under pressure, who "understands the klieg lights."

Asked by Charles Gibson about Obama's offer to meet without preconditions with the leaders of Cuba, Venezuela and North Korea, W. declared it "odd foreign policy."

Laura Bush also gave Hillary a sisterly -- and dynastic -- plug when she told the anchor that living in the White House and meeting people everywhere would be "very helpful" to a first lady trading up.

Though he did not mention the quick "color me experienced" trip Hillary took with some Senate colleagues to Iraq and Afghanistan just before she started running, Obama might have been thinking of it when he mocked Kabuki Congressional junkets:

"You get picked up at the airport by a state convoy and a security detail. They drive you over to the ambassador's house and you get lunch. Then you go take a tour of some factory or some school. Children do a native dance."

Hillary pounced, knowing that her chief rival's foreign policy resume is as slender as his physique, once more conjuring a childish Obama. She brazenly borrowed Republican talking points, even though she accused John Edwards of "throwing mud" that was "right out of the Republican playbook."

"With all due respect," she told a crowd in Iowa. "I don't think living in a foreign country between the ages of 6 and 10 is foreign policy experience."

But is living in the White House between the ages of 45 and 53 foreign policy experience?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/opinion/21dowd.html

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 02:20:39 PM by R.R. »

Richpo64

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 02:24:06 PM »
Hillary's No Moral Conservative
By Brent Bozell III
Wednesday, November 21, 2007

For decades now, the national media have insisted in each presidential election cycle that voters should ignore the liberal wizards hiding behind the curtain of the Democratic Party. Each plausible Democratic presidential contender is a "moderate" or "centrist," be he Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis or John Kerry. But now to describe Hillary Clinton as a "moral conservative" is so upside down and backward it sounds like "This is your brain on drugs."

That's what Time reporter Amy Sullivan announced on Tucker Carlson's show on MSNBC. She suggested Clinton might be "fairly liberal" on economic issues, "but she's a moral conservative." Sullivan was once an aide to Sen. Tom Daschle. In Clinton, Sullivan has allegedly found an authentic Christian conservative's role model.

What makes Clinton a "moral conservative" in the eyes of a Time reporter? For starters, she's a darling of gay-left groups like the Human Rights Campaign. Early in her Senate tenure, she voted against the Jesse Helms amendment to deny federal funds to public schools that would ban the Boy Scouts from their meeting rooms, and for the Barbara Boxer amendment to allow such punitive action against the Scouts with no threat to their money from Washington.

Like Al Gore, she campaigned in 2000 against the "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military and accused her GOP opponent for being "out of the mainstream." In fact, on Oct. 6, 2001, she was the keynote speaker for the Human Rights Campaign's big annual fundraising dinner. She pledged she would keep lobbying for "hate crimes" legislation and "domestic partner" benefits and declared that gays who lost lovers on 9/11 should get the same federal assistance as "other families."

Oh, she's that kind of moral conservative.

The HRC was so pleased that it put a Clinton quote in big letters in its annual report, in whch she stressed a royal "our" in her solidarity with the nation's largest gay-left advocacy group: "What counts is our energy, our determination, our honesty, our integrity, our talent. That ... is what is represented in this room tonight." In her first two years, Clinton had a perfect 100 percent voting score from the gay "liberation" lobby. Since then, she and her fellow New York senator, Chuck Schumer, have identical 88 percent pro-gay scores in each of the last two sessions of Congress.

In March, the HRC posted video of Clinton at a fundraising lunch, praising the organization for attacking conservatives resisting leftist trends like so-called "gay marriage." In proposing a marriage amendment to the Constitution, the conservatives were being divisive, engaging in "wedge politics at its worst" and acting "against the entire forward movement of American history."

I wonder if, when viewed through the lenses of Time magazine, these are immoral conservatives?

That was nothing compared to Clinton's fierce solidarity with the abortion lobby: routine 100 ratings from NARAL Pro-Choice America, routine zeroes from the National Right to Life Committee.

On the last Sunday morning in April 2004, while many Americans were in church, the hard-left warriors of abortion advocacy gathered for a march on Washington, which they called a "March for Women's Lives." The star of this march was moral conservative Hillary Clinton, dressed in her trademark black pantsuit -- this time, with a hot pink blouse to match the official Planned Parenthood T-shirts.

The abortion-on-demand crowd wailed for her, reserving for her the biggest applause of the day, according to an account in The Nation magazine. The major media, from ABC and CBS to NPR and The New York Times, presented Clinton to the nation with a brief sound bite, a bland declaration that everyone should register and vote for Kerry for president.

Only the AP offered a different sound bite of the day, in which she trashed Team Bush: "This administration is filled with people who disparage sexual harassment laws, who claim the pay gap between women and men is phony ... who consider Roe vs. Wade the worst abomination of constitutional law in our history." No one at AP was going to ask her which atrocious Bush official she was describing. It was especially odd to hear Hillary Clinton accuse some other White House of being lax on sexual harassment, considering her husband's flagrant violations and her failure to stop them. For the media it was another day, another whitewash.

Amy Sullivan is a typical liberal reporter/activist trying to close the "God gap" between the Democrats and the Republicans. She has a book coming out next year on "how and why" the Democrats will win over religious voters. I wonder if she believes Hillary is moving closer toward God, or if the news is that God is moving toward Hillary.

Founder and President of the Media Research Center, Brent Bozell runs the largest media watchdog organization in America.

?Creators Syndicate

Copyright ? 2006 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

Richpo64

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »
Hillary's Secret Police Returns
By Dick Morris and Eileen McGann
Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Are the Clinton secret police back on patrol?

It looks like they may be making a late campaign comeback.

In a week-end column, Robert Novak alleged that ?agents? of Hillary Clinton are ?spreading the word that she has scandalous information? about Barack Obama, but decided not to use it. (How considerate of her!)

Obama has come out swinging, accusing the Clinton campaign of trying to swift-boat him and demanding that Clinton either release the information or admit that there is none.

The Clinton camp is shocked that anyone would ever think that it would use such tactics!

Clinton campaign Communications Director (and KGB enforcer look-alike) Howard Wolfson claimed that the campaign had ?no idea? what Novak was talking about. Absolutely!

And, as usual, Wolfson tried to turn the embarrassing issue for Hillary into a problem for Barack, claiming he was naive for believing what was in the Novak column.

?A Republican-leaning journalist runs a blind item designed to set Democrats against one another. Experienced Democrats see this for what it is. Othe rs get distracted and thrown off their games,? Wolfson said.

Does anybody really believe that Hillary hasn?t been gathering dirt on her opponents? Anyone with any experience in politics knows one thing for sure: Hillary Clinton plays the game rough and dirty ? and she has a sordid history of using private investigators to find scandals in the background of anyone who gets in her way.

While Hillary righteously lectures the candidates about mudslinging, her boys in the back room are readying the dirt to leak when she?s not doing too well.

Remember in the 1992 campaign when Gennifer Flowers and other women were harassed by private detectives? The Clintons used campaign money to pay over $100,000 to private investigators to scare off the women. (Now they?ve learned to bury their investigative costs in lawyers bills.)

And does anyone think it was a coincide nce that Republican speaker of the House and the chairman of the Judiciary Committee were outed for extra-marital affairs just at the time that the impeachment vote was about to take place?

Or that there were off the record calls to journalists from the White House accusing Monica Lewinsky of being a stalker?

And what are the odds that the recent rumors about John Edwards came from Clinton operatives?

That?s how the Clintons try to obliterate their opponents, with Hillary at the helm. As she runs for commander-in-chief of the United States, she?s already the commander of the Clinton secret police.

The Clintons have no regard for the privacy of those who get in their way. Their clumsiness in bullying Linda Tripp cost the Department of Defense about $600,000 when she won her lawsuit for invasion of privacy after they arranged to illegally leak confidential information from her personnel file.

To paraphrase Hillary, privacy is just a word if you don?t have the experience and strength to know what to do about it.

And Hillary sure does know what to do.

As she told Sidney Blumenthal when the Lewinsky scandal broke: ?We?ll just have to win.?

Winning at any cost is the Clinton mindset. So watch for more dirty tactics whenever Hillary and her team feel under attack.

Can we really afford to have a president who acts this way?

Morris, a former political adviser to Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and President Bill Clinton, is the author of Condi vs. Hillary: The Next Great Presidential Race. To get all of Dick Morris?s and Eileen McGann?s columns for free by email, go to www.dickmorris.com

Copyright ? 2006 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 02:31:57 PM »

R.R., I am afraid that some type of socialized medicine is likely to get passed, even if a Republican gets in to office again (unlikely). Costs are simply getting out of control. For example, a recent controversy surrounds the phenomenal rise of medical collections that are negatively impacting people's credit reports.

Yes, but there's bad and then there's worse. Look at the way the French do it. Rather than socializing health care, they socialized health insurance. This basically leaves the decisions in the hands of the patients, and preserves the market economy in health care. You don't hear the same nightmare stories coming from France that you keep hearing from Canada and Great Britain, who socialized the health care service itself.

If we have to have government involvement in health care, the way Romney implemented it in Massachusetts is probably one of the least onerous ways of doing it.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »
Once socialized medicine is enacted into law, it will become like Social Security, a political third rail that will electrocute any asshole politician that tries to abolish it. This is why the Republicans hate the idea, in addition to their best buddies in the pharmaceutical, insurance, banking and medical care industries not wishing to lose out on all the fat, juicy profits they glean from us consumers that add nothing but expense to what we must pay to just stay alive.

Juniorbush tried and faile to screw Social Security. The Republicans have tried top aboplish it ever since the 1930's with no success.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
Once socialized medicine is enacted into law, it will become like Social Security

Boy, doesn't that say it all       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle