Author Topic: "The Suddenly Incurious Citizen Journalists"  (Read 2269 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: "The Suddenly Incurious Citizen Journalists"
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 02:16:43 AM »
the song

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »
<<Oh?

<<Did you think it[being disappointed with Pat Robertson] impossible?>>

Not really - - Robertson is so obviously devious, idiotic and clueless that it's hard to conceive of anyone having an initially good opinion of him in the first place.  Which, of course, is a precondition of disappointment.

If anyone remembers the original RAW magazine, its slogan - - "The magazine that lost its faith in nihilism" - - is the closest thing in spirit to being disappointed in Pat Robertson.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 06:58:36 PM »
<<Oh?

<<Did you think it[being disappointed with Pat Robertson] impossible?>>

Not really - - Robertson is so obviously devious, idiotic and clueless that it's hard to conceive of anyone having an initially good opinion of him in the first place.  Which, of course, is a precondition of disappointment.

If anyone remembers the original RAW magazine, its slogan - - "The magazine that lost its faith in nihilism" - - is the closest thing in spirit to being disappointed in Pat Robertson.

Then don't act amazed that his endorsement doesn't sway many nor is it long remembered or bragged of.
I like to hear Pat Robertson , but I don't feel obliged to agree with him or defend him .

I agree with him when I do.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »
<<Then don't act amazed that his [Robertson's] endorsement doesn't sway many nor is it long remembered or bragged of.>>

Sorry, but I WOULD be amazed if Robertson's endorsement had no significant effect.  Robertson would not be the household word that he is if there were not tens of millions of Amerikkkans as dumb, vicious and ignorant as he is himself.  Or else dumb, vicious and ignorant enough to be taken in by his bullshit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 11:18:15 PM »
<<Then don't act amazed that his [Robertson's] endorsement doesn't sway many nor is it long remembered or bragged of.>>

Sorry, but I WOULD be amazed if Robertson's endorsement had no significant effect.  Robertson would not be the household word that he is if there were not tens of millions of Amerikkkans as dumb, vicious and ignorant as he is himself.  Or else dumb, vicious and ignorant enough to be taken in by his bullshit.

Well that explains Juan Cole then.