Author Topic: Mysterious crowd stopped Bhutto's car  (Read 1143 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Mysterious crowd stopped Bhutto's car
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »
If Islamic fanatics had killed Mrs. Bhutto, wouldn't they come forward immediately to claim the credit?  I thought that was their usual M.O.

It could be dissident nationalist Army factions unhappy with Musharraf's subservience to the Americans.  This would explain the anti-American overtones in his most recent declarations of Pakistani sovereignty over its own land.  Maybe he finally got the message.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:31:04 PM »
It's a new and different twist to the story, but I don't know that I buy it.
There are  people who like to create chaos and profit from it.  I think maybe they decided to do this in Pakistan and reap the wind.   
I don't think Musharraf profits from this, or if he does I can't see it. 

What I took from his latest anti-American message was that he wasn't going to put up with this anymore.   I took it that he thought we had meddled enough and he would stand for no more.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:04:02 PM »
Musharrif benefits form Bhutto;'s death, because she was his main viable adversary. He represents military control. She represents civilian control and the dismantling of the huge military apparatus that has run Pakistan since Zia al Haq came to power.

This is why most Pakistanis blame him. Being as they would prefer not to be led by a homocidal jerk that massacres women (a wimpy thing to do pretty much anywhere), they blame Washington. But I don;t think Washington has any motive for this in the current situation.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 01:35:06 AM »
<<What I took from his latest anti-American message was that he wasn't going to put up with this anymore.   I took it that he thought we had meddled enough and he would stand for no more. >>

Yeah but then you'd have to question the timing.  Puts up with America's shit for six years and only now, after Benazir is whacked, does he get fed up with it?   That's just too much of a coincidence for me to buy into. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »
If Islamic fanatics had killed Mrs. Bhutto, wouldn't they come forward immediately to claim the credit?  I thought that was their usual M.O.

I don't think so for months after 9-11 they were saying that the Jews had done it.

Does Mushareiff command suicide bombers ?