Author Topic: Obama speaks  (Read 2350 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama speaks
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
<<Not only did you bring up Oil , now you bring up Bush.>>

Of course I did - - because the criticism of Obama's idealistic promise to build up New Orleans comes from conservatives who support Bush's war for oil.  It's always a good index of what these people's priorities really are - - hundreds of billions for Iraqi oil (or Iraqi "democracy" for the poor deluded boobs who still think that's really what it's all about) versus zip, zilch, nada for the poor black folks of New Orleans.

<<The oilresores will have to be moved eventually to a place more protected from the Ocean >>

I don't know anything about that, they might already be adequately secured.

<<I hope that the people can also be placed more safely reguardless of which you place in higer priority.>>

I think most people, if they're not dyed-in-the-wool conservatives, would agree that housing the homeless is  a more important public-sector priority than securing the resources of the oil industry.  the oil industry can look after itself, the homeless can't.

<<There is a lot of Economic reason to build New Orleans , for the sake of humanity there is a lot of reason to move it.>>

You've raised some technical issues that I just don't feel qualified to deal with.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama speaks
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
<<Not only did you bring up Oil , now you bring up Bush.>>

Of course I did - - because the criticism of Obama's idealistic promise to build up New Orleans comes from conservatives who support Bush's war for oil.  It's always a good index of what these people's priorities really are - - hundreds of billions for Iraqi oil (or Iraqi "democracy" for the poor deluded boobs who still think that's really what it's all about) versus zip, zilch, nada for the poor black folks of New Orleans.

<<The oilresores will have to be moved eventually to a place more protected from the Ocean >>

I don't know anything about that, they might already be adequately secured.

<<I hope that the people can also be placed more safely reguardless of which you place in higer priority.>>

I think most people, if they're not dyed-in-the-wool conservatives, would agree that housing the homeless is  a more important public-sector priority than securing the resources of the oil industry.  the oil industry can look after itself, the homeless can't.

<<There is a lot of Economic reason to build New Orleans , for the sake of humanity there is a lot of reason to move it.>>

You've raised some technical issues that I just don't feel qualified to deal with.

These tecnical issues kill people .

Tho oil could be moved by people who experience a massive die off every few decades .

The reason to move New Orliens is compassion and wisdom .

Let me rephrase my origional statement , that Obama should become aquainted with the tecnical issues before he makes a sweeping promise that might get him votes this year , but deaths a few years down.