Author Topic: Teen mothers "sluts"  (Read 25911 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Teen mothers "sluts"
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »
That's so true.
Unless they're raped.

Men can also say no.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2008, 06:13:31 AM »
but I hope that when I am offered a choice between a smaller public shame or a larger private shame that I choose the lesser shame , not the greater privacy.>

I wasn`t just talking about the girl
I was also talking about the family
in a strict religious family
would the girl risk being thrown out of the house or have abortion
I`ll go even further
it doesn`t even have to be a strict religuious family
most families don`t exactly raise thier kids to be ok with teen pregnancy
I`m not saying it`s ok to be a teen mother ,but it does mean a hit to the family rep
ex. jamie lynn spears
quite afew parenting jokes are floating around the spears clan

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2008, 11:02:20 AM »
That's so true.  Unless they're raped.

Which accounts for a mere fraction of abortions, and one of the areas that's generally accepted as justified

Men can also say no.

Absolutely.  But it takes 2 to tango, so don't try putting this on the man and claiming how there's no consequences for him, and with the child who's privy to the worst consequence of all in an abortion..... DEATH
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:02:59 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »
Kimba--
I had a junior high principal who made his daughter get an abortion. I learned this years later.  Shame was a huge factor.

That's why it just blew me away to come to this part of the country, where many mothers of pregnant teen girls were themselves teen moms. They were accepting and practical.  What's done is done; now, focus on what comes next.  That was their attitude. Far healthier than shame, sending the girl away, etc.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »
Which accounts for a mere fraction of abortions, and one of the areas that's generally accepted as justified

================================================

So you are in favor of abortions of pregnancies caused by rape?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »

Yes, I've been on record long ago about my hypocritical position of allowing a woman who was forcibly assaulted & raped, and had no option to say "no" on this one minisule area, compared to the vast majority of all other abortions
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »

Yes, I've been on record long ago about my hypocritical position of allowing a woman who was forcibly assaulted & raped, and had no option to say "no" on this one minisule area, compared to the vast majority of all other abortions

That is a step twards middle ground , eventually we must find middle ground or continue to fight it out.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »

That is a step twards middle ground , eventually we must find middle ground or continue to fight it out.

I doubt seriously Plane you'll get any concession from the pro-abortion faction, on this one.  Hopefully, I'm wrong

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2008, 06:53:26 PM »
There is no "pro-abortion" faction. What there is is a faction that thinks that you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body. She should be free to do as she chooses.

This is why it is called "pro-choice".

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
There is no "pro-abortion" faction. What there is is a faction that thinks that you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body. She should be free to do as she chooses.

We could call it "anti-life" since it is against "pro-life".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2008, 07:22:11 PM »
There is no "pro-abortion" faction.

Yes, there is.....those that support Abortion.   And then there are those that don't.  THAT's the issue, that's ALWAYS been the issue

What there is is a faction that thinks that you have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Been there, done that.  She's free to do whatever and to whomever she wants, until a 3rd party life is involved, that has no CHOICE in the matter

That's the PC attempt at trying to nuance the debate, and redirect the subject to something less egregious.  Those that are anti-abortion are ALSO pro-choice of everything and anything, EXCEPT abortion, which is why it's actually called pro-abortion vs anti-abortion

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »
<<Yes, I've been on record long ago about my hypocritical position of allowing a woman who was forcibly assaulted & raped, and had no option to say "no" on this one minisule area, compared to the vast majority of all other abortions>>

Once you come up with that position, you've lost the ball game. 

Either the anti-choice fanatics are protecting innocent human life or they're punishing the mother for a bad choice she made.  When the issue comes down to the "guilt" or "innocence" of the mother, then the mother claims the right to treat her body as she pleases, and the anti-choicers don't have a leg to stand on because they're infringing her freedom.

Sure, it's hell to carry and deliver the child of a rapist, but it's hell on earth to live without a good pair of kidneys.  If I can't justify taking innocent human life for a pair of kidneys to make my life easier, how does the mother justify taking innocent human life to make her life easier?  The fetus isn't responsible for the sins of the father.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2008, 02:17:12 PM »
<<Yes, I've been on record long ago about my hypocritical position of allowing a woman who was forcibly assaulted & raped, and had no option to say "no" on this one minisule area, compared to the vast majority of all other abortions>>

Either the anti-{abortion} fanatics are protecting innocent human life or they're punishing the mother for a bad choice she made. 

When was rape considered a "bad choice"??          ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
Been there, done that.  She's free to do whatever and to whomever she wants, until a 3rd party life is involved, that has no CHOICE in the matter
No, you are wrong. You have never been there. You have never been pregnant. You have never done that. You have never had to choose to have an abortion or choose not to have one. You seem to be a nosy meshugganeh who wants to stick your nose into other people's reproduction. Why are you so concerned about someone else's blastocyte? If you were to find a living blastocyte in your fridge tomorrow morning, would you be willing to take it to the hospital and pay all the expenses to help it develop into a baby?

Perhaps you are just not thinking with a full deck.

=========================

Those that are anti-abortion are ALSO pro-choice of everything and anything, EXCEPT abortion, which is why it's actually called pro-abortion vs anti-abortion

Are anti-abortionists in favor of drugs on demand without prescriptions? Are they in favor of transvestites, gay marriage, and polygamy?

What the hell are you blathering about? This makes zero sense. Zilch, bupkiss, niente, nada, none.

People who are pro-choice are for a woman making her own choice with no intervention from the government (or people such as yourself). It's not an attempt to "nuance" anything, it is a valid term for their position. A pro-abortionist would want abortions to be compulsory, and no one advocates that.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:38:11 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
Those that are anti-abortion are ALSO pro-choice of everything and anything, EXCEPT abortion, which is why it's actually called pro-abortion vs anti-abortion

Are anti-abortionists in favor of drugs on demand without prescriptions? Are they in favor of transvestites, gay marriage, and polygamy?

What the frell??  Purposely trying to muddy the debate?  Apples & oranges, Xo.  Let me know when you're going to back to the apple, that of the topic on abortion.  and if you want to start a completely different debate on all those oranges, by all means, start a new thread.