Author Topic: Oh.... the irony  (Read 8455 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Oh.... the irony
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »

Till they FORCE candidates to only use public financing (which they should) then candidates will simply opt out.

Why should they? Imo, taxpayer dollars should not be used to support political campaigns. Tell me why I'm wrong.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »
I recall frequent condemnations layed at the feet of the GOP during the 2000, 2002, 2004, and even 2006, for the vast amount of money they were bringing in (consistently more than the Democrats),  That it was out of control, and that such amounts were pretty much gonna dictate policy by those who contributed the most, thus the cries for Public financing.  Now, with Obama making so much and more than his GOP rival, it "makes no diff to you"

Um, yeah, I didn't even know about forums in 2000.  In fact, I didn't really start posting till some months after 9.11 so I don't see how I could have been making these cries back then.

In fact, I daresay, not one quote can be found with my name on the post about me complaining about one particular candidate (R or D) raking in any amount of money.  I can say with certainty that any rants on my part would have been directed at the idea of money being used to buy elections in a way.  America should reject the idea that giving money to a candidate is "free speech".  It's not.

As I said, we should not expect to see any further criticism/condemnations aimed at any Republican running for anything, based on any association they have with any religious personality, much less a close spiritual advisor, intimate with the candidate. It has "zero" to do with the other, right?

Now that you and your ilk have made such hay of Obama's association with Reverend Wright, how in the hell do you have the unmitigated gall to sit there and put that forward?  After Bush and McCain's toadying to every whackjob religious fanatic, who are you to request anything much less make hay of Obama and Wright's association?

Go to hell.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »
As I said, since your cool with Obama considering opting out of Public Financing and embracing a racist as his spiritual advisor and mentor, we best not see anything remotely resembling criticisms of same such aimed at a Republican
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 03:59:30 PM »
As I said, since your cool with Obama considering opting out of Public Financing and embracing a racist as his spiritual advisor and mentor, we best not see anything remotely resembling criticisms of same such aimed at a Republican

So, your hypocrisy should just be excused then?

You, in your apparent infinite wisdom, should be allowed to attach Obama ad nauseam for his religious ties and associations but I should never utter one word about any repuke's associations?

And I'll say it one more time (which I'm sure you'll ignore) but I am not cool with Obama opting out; I'm simply realistic about it and don't consider it a deal killer for me.  When he comes out in favor of school prayer, let me know, you might have a case.

Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
LOL.....nice try
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »
LOL.....nice try

Your reply clearly indicates that you have no reply.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »
Noooooo, my fine friend, my reply was in response to your desperate deflection effort.  When you can find McCain or any other Republican embracing a racist religious zealot, please breing them to our attetion.  I'll then be condemning their judgement just as hard as I've been condemning Obama's. 

Quite the contrary of your feeble attempt at redirecting your now apparent Hypocritical embrace of Obama

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 09:29:34 PM »
Noooooo, my fine friend, my reply was in response to your desperate deflection effort.  When you can find McCain or any other Republican embracing a racist religious zealot, please breing them to our attetion.  I'll then be condemning their judgement just as hard as I've been condemning Obama's. 

Quite the contrary of your feeble attempt at redirecting your now apparent Hypocritical embrace of Obama

So, where were your cries and teeth-gnashing when McCain travelled to Falwell and kissed his ring?  Falwell who said that the  ACLU and gays were to blame for 9.11.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 10:06:54 PM »
Where's your proof that McCain "kissed his ring" and embraced Falwell as his spiritual advisor??  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Didn't think so

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 12:42:18 AM »
What sort of fat cat likes Barak and why?

It seems like money is coming in packages small and large both.