Author Topic: When?  (Read 32695 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When?
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
X claimed Germany had done a better job than the United States.

You're comments aren't relevant to the discussion.

And you claimed that the United States had done a better job than all of the other countries. So, yes my comments are relevant. You've yet to prove your point.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Rich

« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »
Once again, you're not telling the truth.

I didn't say all. I said most.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
Once again, you're not telling the truth.

I didn't say all. I said most.

And?

Prove it.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
Can you explain how they did a better job? Is there no more hatred of Jews in Germany?

Actually, not really. They built a HUGE Holocaust Memorial on some seriously expensive real estate in downtown Berlin-bigger than anything of this sort built in New York or DC.

Are there no racists in Germany? Are Germans welcoming people from every nation with open arms?

We here in the US are not welcoming people with open arms. We are especially unwelcoming of Black Haitians (Haitian immigrants do not come in other colors), as we have four or five Coast Guard cutters in the Florida Straits intercepting them and returning them to Haiti.

I am not saying we should welcome people with open arms, but we are just as unwelcoming, or more so than the Germans. People from any of the other 29 or so EU nations can come to Germany and leave as they please. Here in the US even Canadians and Mexicans have to undergo a lot of paperwork and expense to come here.

I said the Germans have done a better job to make up for their Nazi past than the US has done to make up for slavery, and this is true.

It is also true that after WWI, manipulations of Germany's currency by bankers, a lot of whom were Jewish, caused the utter collapse of the currency, and many Germans lost every cent they had saved as a result. It certainly is not true that every Jew in Germany was an entirely innocent patriot. There was a reason why Hitler and antisemitism appealed to enough Germans to make Hitler popular.

Black slaves did practically nothing to incite hatred of themselves by Whites in the US, other than a few slave rebelliions such as Nat Turner's and Denmark Vesey's rebellions.

The Japanese have entirely abolished their army and navy, other than a few defense forces. Japan retreated from every nation that it occupied and no Japanese even suggests that Japan should return to being an imperial power.

Italian trains and airplanes do run mostly on time now, but that is about the only thing Modern Italy retained from Mussolini.

There are lots of Turks in Germany, many were invited there by the German government when Spaniards and Portuguese became in short supply.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
Ok, my work here is done.  ;D

I still maintain that there is always more to a published article, or statistics that carry weight in terms of money allocated or not allocated. There is always more to any story when it comes to "news" and stats. That was what I was simply trying to argue,Ami.

I wouldn't agree. If you had read the report that BT posted, they rolled up the totals into larger and larger areas, including more school system. If students had transferred to another school system, as implied in the article you presented, they would be included in the statistics.

The problem is that individual school systems are essentially "double counting" students that graduated elsewhere. They reduce the number of students, but still count it as a graduation, which artificially inflates their graduation percentage.

Well, I knew you wouldn't agree....Could have won big on that one, in Vegas.     8)ha.

Ok, well, that might be true. I really don't know. You're the smart one here. I trust your knowledge.

I wanted to suggest that there might be other factors in any given situation, be it the education, military, political genre.

Again, this has been fun. I will continue to research and learn more.

Thanks, Ami
Cynthia
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:26:22 PM by Cynthia »

Cynthia

« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2008, 05:40:01 PM »
Ok, my work here is done.  ;D

I still maintain that there is always more to a published article, or statistics that carry weight in terms of money allocated or not allocated. There is always more to any story when it comes to "news" and stats. That was what I was simply trying to argue,Ami.

I wouldn't agree. If you had read the report that BT posted, they rolled up the totals into larger and larger areas, including more school system. If students had transferred to another school system, as implied in the article you presented, they would be included in the statistics.

The problem is that individual school systems are essentially "double counting" students that graduated elsewhere. They reduce the number of students, but still count it as a graduation, which artificially inflates their graduation percentage.

Oh, and actually, I didn't read the report, and now that you bring up a very good point, neither did the assistant superintendent Linda Sink. She's the one who was quoted. ;)
I was quoting the news broadcast of about 60%. My point wasn't that the rate was incorrect, but that there was more to the story. Apparently, their "More" isn't accurate.

I suppose the good news in all of this is that we are above the national average. I have a good feeling that through the next few years, the rate will drop even more. Change takes time.

I am still waiting on the email from the RDA rep. btw, I'll get back to you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:42:12 PM by Cynthia »

Rich

« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
That's it? Prove it?

:D

Once again, you're irrelevant.