Author Topic: For Love of Judaism  (Read 10203 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For Love of Judaism
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »
But the side that won was the side that defined the rebellion as treachery , and it is the winner that makes that call.

Still don't make the damnyankee bastids right.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »

Elected people have an equal right to be wrong as the unelected , and a group has no less right to be wrong than an individual.
There are alternatives to majority rule , but  they are no more likely to be intelligent.

I'm not denouncing a peaceful person's right to be wrong, ahem, so don't be facile.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 05:07:19 AM »
Indeed Geber did likely write also in Arabic, though probably not the same classical form, but nevertheless perfectly readable translations are available to the curious infidel.
============================================

I did not say the Koran was unreadable, I said it is written in gibberish, and much of it makes no sense. There is also the fact that it s arranged in a very curious way, starting with the shortest verses and proceeding to the longest. If one arranges any book like this, I think it will seem incoherent.

Pedophilia was common in Mo's time, but it surely was not acceptable to everyone. I think it is natural for a father to resent some ancient dude having the hots for a six-year old daughter, even if everyone accepts this as "normal" for ancient dudes.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:58 AM »

Elected people have an equal right to be wrong as the unelected , and a group has no less right to be wrong than an individual.
There are alternatives to majority rule , but they are no more likely to be intelligent.

I'm not denouncing a peaceful person's right to be wrong, ahem, so don't be facile.

I don't see anyone actually saying that Fascism is a great thing either . Why do you suppose the public on the scene is turning twards fascist candidates when there are presumably other partys running?

Maccus Germanis

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »
Indeed Geber did likely write also in Arabic, though probably not the same classical form, but nevertheless perfectly readable translations are available to the curious infidel.
============================================

I did not say the Koran was unreadable, I said it is written in gibberish, and much of it makes no sense. There is also the fact that it s arranged in a very curious way, starting with the shortest verses and proceeding to the longest. If one arranges any book like this, I think it will seem incoherent.

Pedophilia was common in Mo's time, but it surely was not acceptable to everyone. I think it is natural for a father to resent some ancient dude having the hots for a six-year old daughter, even if everyone accepts this as "normal" for ancient dudes.

You think it may seem incoherent? I think that does seem a self-fulfilling prophesy. The order is as you say, but that only makes hadith more central in understanding the proper order. Various hadith themselves being full of a perfectly understandable hatred toward all unbelievers. So have you a decoder ring that can show us this often looked for but never realized, "religion of peace?"

If pedophillia was so common during mo's time then surely you'll have no trouble in naming another documented associate or contemporary that consumated marriage with a nine year old. The hadith that relates how a compatriot of mo was asked, by mo' oddly enough, why the young man had married a matron rather than a girl is probably not the best place to start.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »

I don't see anyone actually saying that Fascism is a great thing either

I don't see people denouncing it much either. Mostly they seem to be interested in defending it. And apparently I'm wrong to find that troubling, but other than you telling me not to be facile and how people have a right to be wrong, something I never denied, no one seems able to tell me why I'm wrong to find that troubling.

Why do you suppose the public on the scene is turning twards fascist candidates when there are presumably other partys running?

As best I can tell, because they are telling increasingly fearful people what the people want to hear. They promise security and a crack down on immigration. As more and more people in the West beat the drum of how all our problems are caused by Muslims and immigrants, I expect we'll see more fascists gaining positions of power.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2008, 08:01:33 PM »
As more and more people in the West beat the drum of how all our problems are caused by Muslims and immigrants, I expect we'll see more fascists gaining positions of power.[/color]

Who is doing that?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 12:38:10 AM »

Who is doing that?

As best I can tell, the fascists trying to gain power in Europe. I personally have watched people complain that the problems with our government run social programs are not the programs themselves, but the fact that illegal immigrants are here taking advantage of the system. And I've watched people defend a rise in fascism as a reasonable response to influxes of immigrants and Muslims. But please, go ahead and tell me I'm the one overreacting. I'm sure (in a sarcastic way naturally) we can all learn to get along with peaceful fascism.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 01:42:10 AM »

Who is doing that?

As best I can tell, the fascists trying to gain power in Europe. I personally have watched people complain that the problems with our government run social programs are not the programs themselves, but the fact that illegal immigrants are here taking advantage of the system. And I've watched people defend a rise in fascism as a reasonable response to influxes of immigrants and Muslims. But please, go ahead and tell me I'm the one overreacting. I'm sure (in a sarcastic way naturally) we can all learn to get along with peaceful fascism.

reasonableor predictable?

I think that a lot of the Fascist supporters would be better pleased with more moderate parties , except that on this issue they are getting no satisfaction from the other available parties .

I agree that the social programs include their own problems , independent of immigration , but the programs in some measure attract immigration and exacerbate the flaws they already featured by overuse and by becoming unexpectedly expensive for the taxpayer.

I am proud of my father ,who shot some Fascists , for shooting fascists , is there a criticism of fascism more powerfull than actually shooting them down in flames?  If Fascism has developed a peacefull variant then we need not get so drastic. If they need the World War type treatment again , they know who to ask for it.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »

Well, let's just say I'm not seeing too many folks argue that it's the wrong response.

is there a criticism of fascism more powerfull than actually shooting them down in flames?  If Fascism has developed a peacefull variant then we need not get so drastic. If they need the World War type treatment again , they know who to ask for it.

As I said before, I don't recall demanding anyone become violent.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 02:23:02 AM »

Well, let's just say I'm not seeing too many folks argue that it's the wrong response.

is there a criticism of fascism more powerfull than actually shooting them down in flames?  If Fascism has developed a peacefull variant then we need not get so drastic. If they need the World War type treatment again , they know who to ask for it.

As I said before, I don't recall demanding anyone become violent.

What are you asking for?

I hope I would be willing to emulate the courage of my father and join in to shoot the dangerous sort of Facisist , but short of such danger why should I be interested?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 03:01:55 AM »

What are you asking for?

As I recall, I wasn't asking for anything. I was responding to what I consider to be troubling responses to news of the rise of fascism in Europe.

I hope I would be willing to emulate the courage of my father and join in to shoot the dangerous sort of Facisist , but short of such danger why should I be interested?

Why should you be interested in the rise of fascism in Europe? Well, golly gee, Plane, given that it has never amounted to anything in the past, I guess there really is nothing to worry about. (That's almost too sarcastic even for me. Almost.)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 03:50:17 AM »
Fascist and racist are probably two of the most overused pejoratives in the English language today.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 05:08:49 AM »

Fascist and racist are probably two of the most overused pejoratives in the English language today.

I'm sure they are. I generally try to refrain from using them for that reason. That doesn't mean there is not a rise of fascism in Europe.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »
"more and more people in the West beat the drum of how all our problems are caused by Muslims and immigrants"

Who is doing that?

As best I can tell, the fascists trying to gain power in Europe. .
Tha certainly makes it understandable, Was Theo Van Gough a fasist?