Author Topic: Helms Dead at Age 86  (Read 12342 times)

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Helms Dead at Age 86
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
<<But allow me to point out for clarification that those comments weren't part of the Broder column, but in the comments section where any registered user can submit a comment.  Not everyone online has the thought processes of the people who populate this forum (and be thankful that they haven't found this place yet!)>>

Huh?  Allow ME to point out for clarification that I am the originator of those comments and I stand behind them 100%.  A dead racist pig is a dead racist pig.  No point in placing a top-hat on his head and calling him a statesman.

So? Your comments were still tacky. Give the man some time at least to be deceased before you step all over his grave...geeeesh.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 10:09:24 AM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
You have to consider the source, Professor     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 02:06:33 PM »
Which is yet another reason I seldom stop by here anymore, Sirs.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »
Your thoughts are indeed missed. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »
Don't let it get you down, Prof.

You just have to laugh at it. These left wingers are so filled with rage that they are going on their second day of cheering a man's death who didn't even represent them in the senate. It's an orgy of hate. That's what the modern day Democrat party has come to represent, unfortunately.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
Should people we disagree with have representation in the Senate?

No?

In matters of Race I don't agree with Helms much , but he was a genuine representative of his state and of many who weren't in his state . To quash these people without any hope of some representation is to ask for revolution.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »
Here's a noble representative of his state, the same state:

Sam Ervin.

http://www.cmhpf.org/senator%20sam%20ervin.htm
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 08:19:38 PM »
Sam Ervin was a strong opponent of the desegregation of schools and signed the Southern Manifesto in 1956. He also opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKervin.htm

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
<<Give the man some time at least to be deceased before you step all over his grave...geeeesh.>>

NOW is the opportunity to comment on the dead pig, Professor.  A month from now, no one will ever think of the little swine.  Right now when folks are saying nice or semi-nice or even mildly disapproving things about him, is the time to remind everyone what a really unredeemable piece of filth he actually was.  NOT later, when everyone's forgotten all about him.

I look on this as line-drawing time:  Racists and racist sympathizers will billow fake clouds of pompous pseudo-outrage at the "desecration" of this noble soul's memory.  The real anti-racists will call that dead pig on his racism WHENEVER the subject arises and despite any and all attempts to whitewash.