Author Topic: The Summer of Love  (Read 36417 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Summer of Love
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Summer of Love
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »
Great ad. 

It should get at least 70% of the over-75s and maybe 15 to 20% of everyone else. 

If I ever wanted to portray a hapless schmuck who was totally out of touch with the American people in his youth  and is now driving entirely by his rear-view mirror, that's the ad I would have made myself.  But I would have added some Keating Five stuff just to flesh it out, give some real indication of his character.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
Yea, nearly 20year old stuff is so much more relevent to determining character & judgement, than current stuff      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
Yea, nearly 20year old stuff is so much more relevent to determining character & judgement, than current stuff      ::)

That never prevented you from using older stuff than that on John Kerry. Nor will it prevent you from using older stuff than that on Barrack Obama.

That is the precise problem. The candidates and parties are not all that dissimilar on issues. So they need people to throw the feces.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »

That never prevented you from using older stuff than that on John Kerry. Nor will it prevent you from using older stuff than that on Barrack Obama.

A) What "older stuff" did I use on Kerry, and B) what "older stuff" have I used on Obama?  Please elaborate.  Point being how Tee gets off on trying to bring up the 20year old Keating 5 with anything McCain, while the current liberal dem candidate gets an absolute pass in his current associations and piss poor judgement

That is the precise problem. The candidates and parties are not all that dissimilar on issues. So they need people to throw the feces.

I'll wait patiently for you to define "feces" and who's throwing it.  Currently Tee's the fella, if your paramenters above are to be applied
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 03:31:55 PM »
<<Yea, nearly 20year old stuff is so much more relevent to determining character & judgement, than current stuff >>

As if character changes over time!!  Once a crook, always a crook, and most people understand that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »
You mean like once a racist, always a racist.......and still you support said racists.  Go figure.  And if we apply Tee's logic, support of racists pretty much makes one a racist.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:12:50 PM by sirs »

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »
A) What "older stuff" did I use on Kerry, and B) what "older stuff" have I used on Obama?  Please elaborate.  Point being how Tee gets off on trying to bring up the 20year old Keating 5 with anything McCain, while the current liberal dem candidate gets an absolute pass in his current associations and piss poor judgement

That's easy. You were all about smearing Kerry's war record and as I recall the Vietnam War took place a good 30 to 35 years before the 2004 elections. If you go back and read my post I said, "Nor will it prevent you from using older stuff than that on Barrack Obama."

Note the tense. I'm suggesting that you'll use something from his past when it becomes convenient for you to do so. Smearing the guy is all that you care about. You are the pot calling the kettle black.

I'll wait patiently for you to define "feces" and who's throwing it.  Currently Tee's the fella, if your paramenters above are to be applied

My point is that you are jumping on Tee for doing nothing more than you have already done and will do in the future. Hell, you and the rest of the Bushies smeared McCain in 2000. But now he's all you've got. But if you're going to play the same game, don't bash Tee for using your playbook.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

That's easy. You were all about smearing Kerry's war record and as I recall the Vietnam War took place a good 30 to 35 years before the 2004 elections.

Actually not so easy, as you've obviously recalled wrong.  I never "smeared" his record, and have been consistent since the beginning of being grateful for his service to our country, and that he likely earned his medals.  I think you're getting confused with my criticisms of HIS criticisms of a war that took place 30-35yrs before the 2004 elections.  A distinct difference

If you go back and read my post I said, "Nor will it prevent you from using older stuff than that on Barrack Obama."

That tends to obligate you to show examples of where I've done it in the past, in order to logically extend that proclaimation.  Still waiting for those

Smearing the guy is all that you care about. You are the pot calling the kettle black.

Boy, you're on a good rant rage.  I think your comments however are more accurately directed at the likes of Tee & Democrat Senators now trying to disparage McCain's military history.  But should I expect to see some of that deductive ranting applied to Democrats?  I doubt it

My point is that you are jumping on Tee for doing nothing more than you have already done....

Which of course, minus such examples of what I've supposedly done, has now been demonstrated to be flawed.  So....is Tee throwing feces, or is this feces flinging only to be applied to the right, while the left gets a pass at it?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:11:32 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »
Has anyone ever smeared Kerrys war record more than John F Kerry himself ?

http://www.nationalreview.com/document/kerry200404231047.asp

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »
No rage at all Sirs, perhaps my memory isn't as good as I thought. Yet, I seemed to recall you laying down a heavy line for the Swift Boat folks.

As for the smear tactics of the left versus those of the right. Will calling either of them out prevent the tactic from being used?

People need to see your electoralism for what it is. Once the working classes decide to abandon it, they'll be that much closer to class consciousness and ridding this country of the depredations of bourgeoisie trappings such as destroying a person to get ahead in a career.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
Isn't class consciousness a terrible curse?

Why should a citisen of the land thet claims to be "uninted " and brags "e pluribus unim" want to have class consciousness ?

Wouldn't haveing less class division be more desired?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »
<<Isn't class consciousness a terrible curse?>>

Not at all, since the upper classes are very much aware of where their class interest lies and support only such candidates as will protect advance their class interests.  AT the same time, when politicians arise who have working-class interests at heart, they are mercilessly attacked as waging class warfare.

Class consciousness is the very first step that the people can take in reclaiming majority control of your so-called "democracy."

<<Why should a citisen of the land thet claims to be "uninted " and brags "e pluribus unim" want to have class consciousness ?>>

"E pluribus unum" was not a slogan referring to unity of the classes but unity of states in a confederation.  Similarly "United" in the context that you are using it refers to a union of states, not of classes.

<<Wouldn't haveing less class division be more desired?>>

Sure.  Let the rich throw all their belongings into the common pot to share with all the rest of us.  Then all will belong to one single class, which you seem to be claiming is the desired state.

The fact is, not only is the nation already divided into classes, but class war is and always has been underway.  The problem is that while the rich recognize this very clearly and promote their own candidates very consistently, they have already won the class war on the propaganda front many times over, by promoting the view that "class war" and its promoters are very bad and divisive people.  They have been so successful in fact that the working class is not even able to mount a counter-attack because they are conditioned to accept this negative view not only of class warfare (that it does not exist) but of class consciousness as well (that classes do not exist.)  It is for this reason that class consciousness has to be seen as a necessary and as yet largely unrealized first step in the class war.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
No rage at all Sirs, perhaps my memory isn't as good as I thought. Yet, I seemed to recall you laying down a heavy line for the Swift Boat folks.

I supported the Swift boat folks right to criticize Kerry, and that they had an intimate grasp of both the situation and his conduct in the war.  That said, he did serve, and is to be commended for it.  He took on enemy fire, and he likely earned his medals.  His follow-up criticism of the war and its soldiers are what I took exception to.  And I think that's where the Swift boat folks were coming from as well.  I realize to the left, criticising a veteren's criticism of war, is tantamount to smearing and implying they're being unpatriotic, but in reality, it's still simply someone excercising their 1st amendment right to criticise another's 1st amendment right

As for the smear tactics of the left versus those of the right. Will calling either of them out prevent the tactic from being used?

Not at all....but you somehow managed to incorrectly assume some position I took, and rant all over me, claiming some mass smearing, while messers Tee & some Democrat Senators are currently and publically diparaging McCain...........and not a peep of criticism from the likes of yourself.  References to feces flinging & smearing, with the misconstrued attempt to lay such flinging at my doorstep, and there's Tee smiling over there, and not 1 shred of criticising of his current crop of crap.  I can't help but wonder why.......so then I simply fill in the blanks

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »
"...since the upper classes are very much aware of where their class interest lies and support only such candidates as will protect advance their class interests..."

What class is Jane Fonda heir to?

I do not think this is true at all , American Rich people are frequently ex-poor themselves and the boundrys are hazy. There is a Republican reputation for being the favoriate party of the wealthy , but there isn't a shortage of Democratic Millionaires either.