Author Topic: The Democrats Are the Problem  (Read 6937 times)

Cynthia

Re: The Democrats Are the Problem
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 12:22:45 AM »
Wrong - not right.
Incorrect.

In a colloquial sense, wrongness usually refers to a state of incorrectness, inaccuracy, error or miscalculation in any number of contexts. More specifically, being "wrong" refers to a situation wherein an individual has made an error or misjudgment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrong

very funny.

You are kidding.....define your wrong in this post...BT. . give me a break.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 12:40:17 AM »
Wrong in this case was your claim that Bush could commute Tucker's sentence.

Cynthia

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 01:00:32 AM »
Thank you....now you are getting the idea of how to address a post with the proper answer...instead of a flippant remark.

"I thought most people run for public office because they think they can do good for the community.

Now i find out they they can be wrongly accused simply because they are in the public eye and petty people feel they are entitled to any wrongheaded slur they feel like uttering.

But the real fact is that the target doesn't lose credibility. The slurrer does, especially when they are flat out wrong."

What is wrong here, is that you are supporting a man who is in 'office' and who was not capable of honoring life. But he is surely capable of powerfully demanding a death decision of another human being. (he meaning any person who called for her death..ok, maybe not Bush..you're PC there). You seem to want justice based on your own desire for the win in this debate, however, BT...instead of the issue that is/was a life and death decision.

Death was the result.
CLinton was no better....death seems to come at the hands of many a politician.

I wonder if Kennedy JFK would have stopped the deaths of the Vietnam era.

I wonder if Obama can stop the waste that is war in the next generation.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:09:43 AM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2008, 01:20:29 AM »
What is wrong here, is that you are supporting a man who is in 'office' and who was not capable of honoring life. But he is surely capable of powerfully demanding a death decision of another human being. (he meaning any person who called for her death..ok, maybe not Bush..you're PC there).

There you go again.

How do you know he is incapable of honoring life? What evidence do you have that this is true? Is this just a feeling you have? Is it based on anything concrete?

You didn't have any problem with his sending troops to afghanistan, so hopefully you won't uses war as your justification for your charge.

He didn't demand any decison of death from anyone. If you have information to the contrary, please provide it.

hank you....now you are getting the idea of how to address a post with the proper answer...instead of a flippant remark.

Save that tone for the youngsters in your charge.

Cynthia

« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 01:32:43 AM »
Save that tone for the youngsters in your charge."

LOL, well, Reagan would say....

THere you go again.....ha.

BT...come on, I do not have such a tone with my students.

I am known for being one of the most compassionate teachers on staff. In fact, I have a new student who's father was murdered and placed in a trunk of a car.
The counselor and the principal know me to the only teacher to help this child through such an ordeal this year.

.  So, please keep my personal life out of your lame excuse for a debate.

Bush was an idiot when it comes to the case of Tucker..Xavier stated just so.

He might not have had the final say in her death, but  I heard him clearly state that

"THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES" IN THE STATE of Texas.

Rules are rules....

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:34:40 AM by Cindy »

Cynthia

« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
What is wrong here, is that you are supporting a man who is in 'office' and who was not capable of honoring life. But he is surely capable of powerfully demanding a death decision of another human being. (he meaning any person who called for her death..ok, maybe not Bush..you're PC there).

There you go again.

How do you know he is incapable of honoring life? What evidence do you have that this is true? Is this just a feeling you have? Is it based on anything concrete?

You didn't have any problem with his sending troops to afghanistan, so hopefully you won't uses war as your justification for your charge.

He didn't demand any decison of death from anyone. If you have information to the contrary, please provide it.

hank you....now you are getting the idea of how to address a post with the proper answer...instead of a flippant remark.

Save that tone for the youngsters in your charge.

Wrong is you sticking up any politician who calls for death when there was a chance for life and reform.
What is your opinion about any human being who has commited a crime and yet turned her life after so many years in prison?
Would you consider a person's life as changed....or would you slam  the book== electric style, injection mode== in the direction of that person's criminal intent, albeit in the far distant past of long ago.

Is there not a system set up for reform in our society?

How would you decide -----as a politician -----who lives and who dies, if you had that choice?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:46:10 AM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2008, 02:00:14 AM »
Bush was an idiot when it comes to the case of Tucker..Xavier stated just so..

XO is now an expert?

He might not have had the final say in her death, but  I heard him clearly state that

"THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES" IN THE STATE of Texas.

Rules are rules...

That is the way it goes in the state of Texas.

Wrong is you sticking up any politician who calls for death when there was a chance for life and reform.

What chance was there in the Tucker case? She exhausted her appeals and Bush (as well as any Texas Governor since Ma Ferguson) didn't have the power to commute her sentence. What part of that equation do you fail to comprehend?

So, please keep my personal life out of your lame excuse for a debate.

Debates usually turn on the presentation of facts. We have already established that you are factually challenged in this particular thread. So whose debate tactics are lame?

Cynthia

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2008, 02:03:46 AM »
We have already established that you are factually challenged in this particular thread. So whose debate tactics are lame?

That's right...We have established that YOU  are challenged, BT. . . in the way of your LACK OF compassion for life.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:06:21 AM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2008, 02:43:20 AM »
That's right...We have established that YOU  are challenged, BT. . . in the way of your LACK OF compassion for life.

Have we? Provide evidence please.

Cynthia

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:41 AM »

"XO is now an expert?"

Yep\!!! You got it, btw

This argument is silly.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:50 AM »

Didn't think you could.

Cynthia

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2008, 04:30:58 AM »

Didn't think you could.

LOL...I have used that line on Sirs....

Fact is....the evidence is that you are the one challenged in many a thread, BT

Based on the very words you type. The evidence is in the very words you breathe. Fact.

You are challenged when it comes to an argument.

You always bring things back to the individual in the form of a patronizing comment....a comment based on your own bias.

We all do that....so what is your truth is not mine.

I don't think you will be able to prove evidence that Bush was not compassionate in his life as President.

We can not judge those hearts and souls.

So , we both lose the argument.

No one can really analyze the inner soul of another human being, as much as we try to do so.

Politicians try to do so in order to make their point in a run for the higher office of the land.

Facts are few and few between. ha!

I simply disagree with you, BT. You aren't always right.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2008, 04:38:32 AM »
You make an accusation and then fail to back it up.

Why is that?

No one can really analyze the inner soul of another human being, as much as we try to do so.

yet you say i have no compassion. How do you know this. What evidence do you have?

I don't think you will be able to prove evidence that Bush was not compassionate in his life as President.

That was your claim. Why should i prove a negative?

You aren't always right.

Never said i was.

Cynthia

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2008, 04:42:17 AM »
You make an accusation and then fail to back it up.

Why is that?

yet you say i have no compassion. How do you know this. What evidence do you have?

That was your claim. Why should i prove a negative?

You aren't always right.

Never said i was.

Not compassionate...true...can't prove a negative, but Bush's example via his actions proves his lack there of.

You aren't always right, but I do respect you, BT.

God, I am up late....I have fewer and fewer between days left before the children come to school....

I can't wait for my new crew.
I met them on Friday. ONe child's father was killed  and put into a trunk.
I have my work cut out for me with him.

I do love my job.

Talk to you all soon.

Cindy

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2008, 04:50:38 AM »

Do you think less of George W Bush for crying in public?

Last Updated: 10:02PM BST 19 Apr 2008

Comments 183 | Comment on this article

President George W Bush was seen crying in public at a Congressional Medal of Honor ceremony yesterday.

A tear rolled down Mr Bush's cheek as he honoured 22-year-old Marine Jason Dunham, killed two years ago when he fell on a hand grenade in Iraq to save his comrades.

Do you think less of Mr Bush for crying at the event? Would it have been more fitting for the president to have kept a stiff upper lip? Do you agree with the British rock group, The Cure, that "Boys Don't Cry"? Was it self indulgent for him to weep, particularly given his role in the war? Do you, perhaps, even think it was a cynical move on the president's part to be seen crying?

Or do you respect Mr Bush more after his public display of emotion? Does it demonstrate the human side of the president which has been the key to his political success? Does it serve as a demonstration that he feels the pain of families whose loved ones have sacrificed their lives for their country?

If you were serving your country would you feel inspired or embarrassed by the sight of your commander-in-chief crying?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/yourview/1539288/Do-you-think-less-of-George-W-Bush-for-crying-in-public.html