Author Topic: Even the Neo-cons know Bush is imcompetent now.  (Read 5644 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Even the Neo-cons know Bush is imcompetent now.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 02:11:25 PM »
<<And support for any war is guaged by the only poll that matters and that is the one at the ballot box. >>

Oh.  Yeah.  

That must be why Bush and the creeps around him got so excited about amending the Constitution to prohibit gay marriages just before the last election.  Getting out that pro-war vote.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »
<<And support for any war is guaged by the only poll that matters and that is the one at the ballot box. >>

Hey.  Aren't you the guy who said that complex issues shouldn't be reduced to slogans and sound-bites?  thought I reckanized ya.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
via Think Progress

Perle: I Only Agreed To Tell The Truth About Iraq If It ‘Would Not Be Published Before The Election’

perleIn a new article in Vanity Fair, prominent neoconservative Richard Perle — one of the principle advocates of invading Iraq — blasts the Bush administration’s policy in Iraq. Here’s some key excerpts:

[Bush] did not make decisions, in part because the machinery of government that he nominally ran was actually running him…Huge mistakes were made, and I want to be very clear on this: They were not made by neoconservatives, who had almost no voice in what happened, and certainly almost no voice in what happened after the downfall of the regime in Baghdad. I’m getting damn tired of being described as an architect of the war. I was in favor of bringing down Saddam. Nobody said, ‘Go design the campaign to do that.’ I had no responsibility for that.

Now, Perle is calling foul, saying he only agreed to tell the truth if it was published after the election. Here’s Perle in the National Review:

Vanity Fair has rushed to publish a few sound bites from a lengthy discussion with David Rose…I had been promised that my remarks would not be published before the election.

Another prominent conservative quoted in the article Eliot Cohen, has a different view. Cohen said, “thinking the government’s conduct of the Iraq war an entirely appropriate subject of political debate I do not think anyone should have kept mum in an interview of this kind until an election had passed.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/11/05/perle-i-only-agreed-to-tell-the-truth-about-iraq-if-it-would-not-be-published-before-the-election/
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

domer

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 02:22:11 PM »
I tend to agree with BT's view of the draft in an ideal world.

Mucho

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 02:41:47 PM »

I think the Repubs should come out for the draft NOW!
They couldnt get much lower, but certainly would then.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »

Some Democrats have come out for the draft Months ago.

Who do you agree with?

Mucho

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 04:47:04 PM »

Some Democrats have come out for the draft Months ago.

Who do you agree with?

Source , please. Musta been Leiberman.
And no, I would not agree with the draft even if Jesus and his messenger on Earth , Ted Haggard, were to suggest it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 06:19:10 PM »
Source , please. Musta been Leiberman.
And no, I would not agree with the draft even if Jesus and his messenger on Earth , Ted Haggard, were to suggest it.

Rep. Charles Rangel introduced a bill in Congress Tuesday to reinstate the military draft, saying fighting forces should more closely reflect the economic makeup of the nation.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/07/rangel.draft/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2006, 06:25:37 PM »
Representative Rangel has been talking this way for quite a while.

I cannot certify whether he actually likes the idea or whether he just likes the statements shock effect , or perhaps he is trying to set up a strawman.

Very little support exists for a Draft at this point , but I cna imagine that changeing if another attack simular to 9-11 were to occur.

Mucho

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »
Representative Rangel has been talking this way for quite a while.

I cannot certify whether he actually likes the idea or whether he just likes the statements shock effect , or perhaps he is trying to set up a strawman.

Very little support exists for a Draft at this point , but I cna imagine that changeing if another attack simular to 9-11 were to occur.

One out of over 300 isnt "some" (I guess it depends on what some means) I can see him doing it tmake people think about war means and bring the battle home. If I were him I would say that there would be no deferments, but homes earning over $100k per year would be the first to go. It reaslly would work then.\But if he really wants the war to end he should take back the tax cuts from the fat cats. Tax cuts are really the only thing Repubs care about. If they were threatened because of the war you can be sure they would be sure it was ended.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
One out of over 300 isnt "some" (I guess it depends on what some means) I can see him doing it tmake people think about war means and bring the battle home.

Rep Stark from CA is a co-sponsor of at least one of Rangel's draft bills. So there are at least 2. I've heard of others as well.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)