Author Topic: Out Damn Blot  (Read 26872 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Out Damn Blot
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 08:38:05 PM »
And who better to feed to the cannon of war than the Black American?

You really are full of crap.

You aren't saying white guys didn't go to Nam are you?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 09:52:56 PM »
(Where the person is being described in an admiring light and the superfluous fact of his or her race is gratuitously thrown in, with the obvious intention of pride or putting in a plug for the race, I suppose, again technically, that could be considered as technically "racist" but a well-intentioned racism meant to foster tolerance and harmony rather than discord between the races.)

Does this really work?

http://www.aerospaceguide.net/

Neil Alden Armstrong.
 White American Astronaut

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
<<Can you show where Powell is against either of those?>>

Never said he was.  Lynching and public education are just two examples of where a special interest group might find a special interest.

Powell's Tomming consists of his participation in a white man's military which oppresses people of colour and dark-skinned Third World people all over the world to execute a racist foreign policy of exploitation.

What would be proven , if it were impossible of a black person to rise to high station in the US military?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 11:04:46 PM »
<<You really are full of crap.

<<You aren't saying white guys didn't go to Nam are you?>>

I'm saying that black guys made up a higher proportion of the war's casualties than blacks did of the general population.  What kind of fucking idiot would say that white guys didn't go to Nam?  Lt. Calley was white, wasn't he?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
<<Does this really work?  [photo captioned, Neil Armstrong, white astronaut]>>

It only works in a racist society where one or more races are treated as inferior, so when a member of such a race attains a high distinction, pointing him or her out as a black, Asian, etc. works to raise the prestige of the maligned race.

Where the person who attains the distinction is a member of the maligning race rather than one of the maligned ones, of course it looks boorish and racist to describe the guy as "white" in a racist society where most of the distinctions go to the whites anyway.

It was interesting when Jackie Robinson became the first black athlete to be allowed to play in the major leagues, photos of him and articles about him often were accompanied by racial references which you wouldn't see today because the colour bar has fallen away in sports.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 11:18:11 PM »
<<What would be proven , if it were impossible of a black person to rise to high station in the US military?>>

Probably that they can't even find a token black to exhibit as proof of their non-racism.  This could prove either the low capabilities of blacks in the military or that the organization was still so racist that impossible barriers were being erected against blacks.  I mean, there would be more than one theory to fit those facts.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
I'm saying that black guys made up a higher proportion of the war's casualties than blacks did of the general population.

And you'd be wrong.

In sum, while the percentage of blacks of military age was 13.5 percent of the population, they accounted for 12.1percent of the deaths in Vietnam.
http://www.insomnomaniac.com/weblog/archives/2003/01/so_if_more_whit.html
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
The numbers given were unsourced. 

Furthermore, if correct, they prove that of men serving in Vietnam, proportionately more blacks than whites were killed.  This means that whites tended to get the cushier REMF jobs while blacks were earmarked for frontline combat, where their chances of catching a bullet were exponentially increased.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 08:11:40 AM »
Furthermore, if correct, they prove that of men serving in Vietnam, proportionately more blacks than whites were killed.  This means that whites tended to get the cushier REMF jobs while blacks were earmarked for front line combat, where their chances of catching a bullet were exponentially increased.

Actually what it means is that blacks were no longer considered unworthy of front line roles like they were in previous wars where they primarily served as cooks, chauffeurs and other support personnel.
The triumph of civil rights, if you will.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 08:27:28 AM »
<<Actually what it means is that blacks were no longer considered unworthy of front line roles like they were in previous wars where they primarily served as cooks, chauffeurs and other support personnel.
The triumph of civil rights, if you will.>>

That's preposterous.  Once the racists considered them too cowardly to fight in a white man's army.  Then they got a little more practical - - they'd fight if they were mixed with whites.  So they mixed the least desirable of all citizens ("least desirable" in their racist white eyes) with the least desirable whites (the working class and the lumpenproletariat) and sent them all off to die as cannon fodder.

Your mistake is to think that racism and class consciousness are mutually exclusive.  The American ruling class practices both.  Wait till the current war in Iraq is over - - you'll see how much of the spoils are given to the blacks and the white underclass and how much goes to Dick Cheney and his pals in Texas and the U.K.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:22 AM »
That's preposterous.  Once the racists considered them too cowardly to fight in a white man's army.  Then they got a little more practical - - they'd fight if they were mixed with whites.  So they mixed the least desirable of all citizens ("least desirable" in their racist white eyes) with the least desirable whites (the working class and the lumpenproletariat) and sent them all off to die as cannon fodder.

Who is they?

You think guys on the line give a damn about the oligarchs? Hell no, they give a damn about the guys on their left and right.

You give the ruling class too much credit. One of your major contradictions and inconsistencies is you put all this power in the hands of the oligarch and yet you are such a huge fan of a bottom up revolution. How can that happen if the oligarch is all powerful? Hmmm?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »
<<Who is they?>>

The ruling class and their hired hands.

<<You think guys on the line give a damn about the oligarchs? >>

I think they're too fucking stupid to know what an oligarch is.

<<Hell no, they give a damn about the guys on their left and right.>>

The recruiters used a standard bag of tricks to corral these low-hanging fruits into the Army and another bag of tricks to get them to bond together, and still another bag of tricks to make sure they never ever think of turning their guns around.  So what those pathetic losers think or don't think is of little interest, but I would guess, in no particular order, it's getting laid, blowing people's heads off, not getting fucked up, coming home a hero, krispy kritters, saving money, working out, getting laid, blowing other people's heads off and/or really fucking them up.

<<You give the ruling class too much credit. One of your major contradictions and inconsistencies is you put all this power in the hands of the oligarch and yet you are such a huge fan of a bottom up revolution. How can that happen if the oligarch is all powerful? Hmmm?>>

It can't and it won't happen now.  Things have to get worse before they can get better.  That's why I wouldn't be too upset if McCain wins.  Things'll get worse a lot faster with him in charge.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »
So what those pathetic losers think or don't think is of little interest, but I would guess, in no particular order, it's getting laid, blowing people's heads off, not getting fucked up, coming home a hero, krispy kritters, saving money, working out, getting laid, blowing other people's heads off and/or really fucking them up.

And it is these people you want to empower in your perfect Utopian society, come the revolution?

BTW the only guy I know who got a woody about Krispy Kritters was your own Knutey.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:46:04 PM by BT »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »
<<And it is these people you want to empower in your perfect Utopian society, come the revolution?>>

THOSE people?  Holy shit, no.  They are the ones who form the Cossack brigades that do The Man's dirty work for him.  I would empower the more class-conscious working man and woman, those who think of something productive as an honest day's work, not blowing the heads off defenceless Third World locals whose homes they invaded.

<<BTW the only guy I know who got a woody about Krispy Kritters was your own Knutey.>>

I probably remember that dialogue better than you do.  Knute was taken to the woodshed for using the term krispy kritters as implying particular disrespect for the victims (who happened to be American mercenaries deserving of no respect anyway) and I had to point out that "krispy kritters" was standard journalese for any burn victim fatality photo, civilian or military.    I think up to that point, the only woody involved was the one that you or some other right-wing attack dog had developed for Knute, thinking that he personally had originated the somewhat disrespectful phrase.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 07:17:27 PM »
I would empower the more class-conscious working man and woman

like the Russians invading Georgia?