Author Topic: Gallop Daily - Obama Down 2 From Yesterday  (Read 1069 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gallop Daily - Obama Down 2 From Yesterday
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 28-30, including two days of interviewing since the close of the Democratic National Convention, finds Barack Obama with a six percentage point lead over John McCain in the presidential contest, 48% to 42%.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/109903/Gallup-Daily-ObamaBiden-Ticket-Leads-Points.aspx

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Gallop Daily - Obama Down 2 From Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
To be honest Kramer, I wouldn't get bogged down in polls at this time, even if McCain gets the 5+point bounce from the GOP convention, we'd expect.  The poll that matters is the November poll, called the election.  Alot can happen between now and then, and these polls are simply a snapshot in time of things perceived by some people at that particular time.

Just my 2 cents
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Gallop Daily - Obama Down 2 From Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »
To be honest Kramer, I wouldn't get bogged down in polls at this time, even if McCain gets the 5+point bounce from the GOP convention, we'd expect.  The poll that matters is the November poll, called the election.  Alot can happen between now and then, and these polls are simply a snapshot in time of things perceived by some people at that particular time.

Just my 2 cents

I find the polls to be somewhat telling these days.

I also think that Obama's youngsters won't show up and vote.

If Obama isn't polling at least 10 points above McCain I don't think he has a chance of winning.