Author Topic: Who's the party of diversity again??  (Read 1760 times)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who's the party of diversity again??
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
This does seem like a rather elaborately constructed straw man Sirs.

As far as I am concerned, there should be help for young Ms. Palin throughout her pregnancy and her first year of being a mother.

I am curious...what does this mean?
While the right generally supports stay at home mom's (or Dads) they embrace all Moms
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »
This does seem like a rather elaborately constructed straw man Sirs.

Not at all.  Simply illustrates that transparent hypocrisy, a large corp of the rabid left have, in demonizing Palin and her family as some Jerry Springer episode, when it's the left always berrating anyone for daring to criticize, daring to not want to help with tax payer dollars, unwed mothers and/or teenage mothers.  Apparently, if the woman is a Conservative Republican, it's open season

It's also pointing out the perseverating false premise that the GOP wants to mandate moral behavior, with this being an example of their hypocrisy, when no one can point to any legislation, mandating some Conservative version of ideal behavior, sponsored by any Republican, backed by the GOP.  Just because the right supports a Mom & Dad BEFORE bringing a child into this world, doesn't equate that such unwed pregnant mothers be thrown into a dung heep

And what's really callous are folks like Tee, largely implying how terrible it is for Palin's daughter NOT to have had an abortion.  The party of diversity, my ass

As far as I am concerned, there should be help for young Ms. Palin throughout her pregnancy and her first year of being a mother.

Absolutely....that's what families, charities, and Church's are all about

I am curious...what does this mean?
While the right generally supports stay at home mom's (or Dads) they embrace all Moms

OK, if this isn't clear enough, please request better clarity, vs Tee lying about my supposed lying.  Conservative principles largely advocate someone staying home with the family, be it a Mom or a Dad.  If an unwed Mom (with no Father in the picture) has no choice but to work, then that's what they do.  Better if they could arrange to stay with family so at least familiar faces can connect with the child, but those mothers are not ostracized, they're embraced for the life they are now caring for.  They are however not put up on some special pedastal either, as if what they've accomplished (becoming a teenage mom) is something to cheer about
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 03:11:37 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »
Responding to my post, made the impression it was a response to my post

???

It was a response to your post, but was not meant to say that you supported abstinence only. If it had been, I would have said 'Yet you would mandate ...' instead of the more general 'Yet some would mandate ...' I left it up to you to decide whether you were part of that some, rather than, as some would, just assuming you were a member of that group.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 03:13:05 AM »
umm, ok
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle