Author Topic: I liked Dan Quaile  (Read 1880 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I liked Dan Quaile
« on: September 21, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »
Among other things, the Delaware senator has said that Hillary Rodham Clinton may have been a better vice presidential pick; accidentally referred to his partner as “Barack America”; told a wheelchair-bound man to “stand up”; and called Michelle Obama’s convention speech “the most remarkable speech I have heard in my life.”

Yet somehow, despite an effusive, loose-lipped and emotive manner seemingly better suited to the urban ward-style politics of another era, Biden is proving to be an effective campaigner even as he validates Democratic fears about his undisciplined and garrulous ways.

Attendees at his events report a genuine connection with Biden, saying they feel as if he’s a regular guy, telling it like it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080921/pl_politico/13596

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: I liked Dan Quaile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:44:44 PM »
I liked Dan Quaile

So did I.

He had much more experience than Obama, and he is more intelligent.

So he used the old English version of potato. Obama doesn't know how many states there are. If there were blogs, talk radio, and Fox News back then, Quayle would not have had that bad rap that he had which was created by the media.

And if Barack Obama were a Republican, with his lack of experience and lack of intelligence, the media would tear him apart.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »
Quayle should never have been selected to be a judge of that spelling bee. He said vastly more things that were truly stupid than this, by the way.

We know that incompetence and a lack of education never bothered the GOP, because they nominated Juniorbush twice. Yet they dropped Quayle, who thought that the nomination was his right to have because he had generally shown himself to be a fool who did not think before he spoke, and often said very, very foolish things. Had he run for president, he would have lost by a large margin. Besides, Bobdole had spent a lifetime sucking up to everyone who was anyone in the Party and "DESERVED" the nomination for his efforts. Compared to Dole, Quayle was an upstart who had paid no dues.

Potatoe was not ever the most common spelling of the word. The plural of potatoe is potatoes. Quayle simply removed the s from the plural. It usually works.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:37:10 AM »
He said vastly more things that were truly stupid than this, by the way.

Obama has said even dumber things.

We know that incompetence and a lack of education never bothered the GOP, because they nominated Juniorbush twice.

This is nonsense. The Democrats nominated arguably the most incompetent president in history when they voted for Carter.

Yet they dropped Quayle, who thought that the nomination was his right to have because he had generally shown himself to be a fool who did not think before he spoke, and often said very, very foolish things. Had he run for president, he would have lost by a large margin. Besides, Bobdole had spent a lifetime sucking up to everyone who was anyone in the Party and "DESERVED" the nomination for his efforts. Compared to Dole, Quayle was an upstart who had paid no dues.

You are very ill informed. Obama has said things that are way more foolish than Quayle, and he is at the top of your party's ticket, not the bottom like Qualye was. Qualye ran for president in 2000.  He did not run in 1996. I voted for Steve Forbes in 1996, not Bob Dole.

Potatoe was not ever the most common spelling of the word. The plural of potatoe is potatoes. Quayle simply removed the s from the plural. It usually works.

You have numerous misspellings in here daily, and it is even your job to teach students proper language skills.

Obama thought that there were 57 states in the union. He is a moron.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »
You have numerous misspellings in here daily, and it is even your job to teach students proper language skills.
=======================================================================================

You will note that I have very few misspellings. Most the few errors are of the typo sort, such as writing 'hte' for 'the'. I am not an English teacher, but a Spanish professor. No one here is a student of mine, and you will observe that those whose spelling I correct continue to misspell words most atrociously.

There were 57 primary elections, caucuses and other state activities. Obama was simply tired and thinking of these rather than the number of states.

Quick, can you tell me how many counties Texas has? Would you be unfit to govern Texas if you failed to give the proper answer? Would that mean that you were a moron? I am inclined to think not.

When your hero Reagan went to Brazil, I think he greeted the people of Bolivia, or vice-versa. I suggest that this was a far more disturbing error. Obama has an advanced degree in law and was called by Laurence Tribe, his professor at Harvard, 'the best editor the Harvard Law Review' ever had. I think that I will go with a Harvard professor who knew Obama for three years rather than your possibly Limbaughfied and Hannitified opinion.

I do not believe Obama is a moron. I do not believe that you saying this has been effective in convincing anyone of this, either.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »
Boy, Xo sure seems to want to raise the notion that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves.  It's one thing to think that of themselves, but to go out of the way to keep applying to anyone that doesn't agree with him?  Underlying issues perhaps
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »
Boy, Xo sure seems to want to raise the notion that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves.  It's one thing to think that of themselves, but to go out of the way to keep applying to anyone that doesn't agree with him?  Underlying issues perhaps

What on Earth are you blathering about?

This has no relation to what I posted at all.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
<<Boy, Xo sure seems to want to raise the notion that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves. >>

Really?  Where'd he say that?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
Ahh, so neither the poster or his bud have been paying attention to the numerous times he'd opine how someone's opinion, or what they say here, is going to mean any difference, to anyone.  That no one's paying any attention to what they've typed/said.  tsk, tsk, sloppy
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 05:06:30 PM »
<<Where did he say that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves. >>

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »
I did comment on how several posters seemed to think that what I posted here represented the Democratic Party (I have never made any such claim) and was going to lose the race for Obama, or how Christians4 claimed that his frenetic posts were sure to result in a McCain victory were sure to win it was also a bogus claim, since this forum is NOT election central and the candidates are not hanging on our every post.

Perhaps that is why sirs appears to have his tighty whities in a knot.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »
No, sirs claims that you said something very specific,

<< . . . that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves. >>

and I'd just like sirs to show us where you said that.

Because quite frankly, I don't think you ever said anything like that, so I'd like to know if sirs was telling the truth when he claimed that you did, of if he is just, as in most of his posts, fabricating this stuff out of his own imagination.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
No, what sirs claims, is that on multiple occasions, Xo went out of his way to claim how no one really pays attention to others (that ironically didn't agree with him) postings.  Capiche'?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »
<< . . . that no one's words here mean anything, to anyone, but themselves. >>

Well, I never said THAT.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »
See above, for clarity