Author Topic: Liberals Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling  (Read 2900 times)

richpo64

Liberals Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »
Liberals Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling
Dennis Prager
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
http://townhall.com/

If Barack Obama loses the 2008 election, liberal hell will break loose.

Seven weeks before the 2008 presidential election, liberals are warning America that if Barack Obama loses, it is because Americans are racist. Of course, that this means that Democrats (and independents) are racist, since Republicans will vote Republican regardless of the race of the Democrat, is an irony apparently lost on the Democrats making these charges.

That an Obama loss will be due to racism is becoming as normative a liberal belief as “Bush Lied, People Died,” a belief has generated intense rage among many liberals. But “Obama lost because of white racism” will be even more enraging. Rage over the Iraq War has largely focused on President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney. But if Obama loses, liberal rage will focus on millions of fellow Americans and on American society.

And it could become a rage the likes of which America has not seen in a long time, if ever. It will first and foremost come from within black America. The deep emotional connection that nearly every black American has to an Obama victory is difficult for even empathetic non-blacks to measure. A major evangelical pastor told me that even evangelical black pastors who share every conservative value with white evangelical pastors, including pro-life views on abortion, will vote for Obama. They feel their very dignity is on the line.

That is why the growing chorus -- already nearing unanimity -- of liberal commentators and politicians ascribing an Obama loss to American racism is so dangerous.

Andrew Sullivan of (set ital) The Atlantic: (end ital) “White racism means that Obama needs more than a small but clear lead to win.”

Jack Cafferty of CNN: “The polls remain close. Doesn’t make sense … unless it’s race.”

Jacob Weisberg of (set ital) Newsweek and Slate: (end ital) “The reason Obama isn't ahead right now is … the color of his skin. … If Obama loses, our children will grow up thinking of equal opportunity as a myth.”

Nicholas D. Kristof of (set ital) New York Times: (end ital) “Religious prejudice (against Obama) is becoming a proxy for racial prejudice.”

Gerald W. McEntee, president of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, in a speech to union workers: “Are you going to give up your house and your job and your children's futures because he's black?”

Similar comments have been made by Kansas’s Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, a Democrat, and by writers in (set ital) Time (end ital) magazine. And according to The Associated Press: “A poll conducted by The Associated Press and Yahoo News, in conjunction with Stanford University, revealed that a fairly significant percentage of Democrats and independents may not vote for Sen. Barack Obama because of his race.” If you read the poll, it does not in fact suggest this conclusion. The pollsters assert that any person with any negative view of black life means that the person is racist and means that he would not vote for Obama. Both conclusions are unwarranted. But “Obama will lose because of racism” is how the poll takers and the media spin it.

Why do liberals believe that if Obama loses it will be due to white racism?

One reason is the liberal elite’s contempt for white Americans with less education -- even if they are Democrats.

A second reason is that it is inconceivable to most liberals that an Obama loss -- especially a narrow one -- will be due to Obama’s liberal views or inexperience or to admiration for John McCain.

The third reason is that the further left you go, the more insular you get. Americans on the left tend to talk only to one another; study only under left-wing teachers; and read only fellow leftists. That is why it is a shock to so many liberals when a Republican wins a national election -- where do all these Republican voters come from? And that in turn explains why liberals ascribe Republican presidential victories to unfair election tactics (“Swift-boating” is the liberals’ reason for the 2004 Republican victory). In any fair election, Americans will see the left’s light.

If Obama loses, it will not be deemed plausible that Americans have again rejected a liberal candidate, indeed the one with the most liberal voting record in the U.S. Senate. Liberals will explain an Obama defeat as another nefarious Republican victory. Combining contempt for many rural and middle-class white Americans with a longstanding belief in the inevitability of a Democratic victory in 2008 (after all, everyone they talk to despises the Republicans and believes Republicans have led the country to ruin), there will be only one reason Obama did not win -- white racism.

One executive at a black radio station told me when I interviewed him on my radio show at the Democratic National Convention that he could easily see riots if Obama loses a closely contested election. Interestingly, he said he thought blacks would be far more accepting of a big McCain victory.

I pray he is wrong on the first point. But it does seem that liberals are continuing to do whatever they can to increase anger at America, or at least at “white America.” For 40 years, liberals have described the most open and tolerant society on earth as racist and xenophobic. If Barack Obama loses, the results of this liberal depiction of America may become frighteningly apparent.

Copyright © 2008 Salem Web Network. All Rights Reserved.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Liberals Warnings About Obama Loss May Prove Self-Fulfilling
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »
For 40 years, liberals have described the most open and tolerant society on earth as racist and xenophobic. If Barack Obama loses, the results of this liberal depiction of America may become frighteningly apparent.

================================================
The US is the most open and tolerant society on Earth?

That is a bit like saying that Canada is the best place to loll on the beach and get a tan, or Holland is an Alpinist's dream.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
<<For 40 years, liberals have described the most open and tolerant society on earth as racist and xenophobic. >>

40 years ago, 1968, was the year that Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr., were murdered.  The year 3 college students protesting racial segregation at a bowling alley in Orangeburg, SC, were shot to death by South Carolina state troopers.  The year that American troops massacred hundreds of unarmed Vietnamese women, children and elderly at My Lai.  The year 16-year-old Panther Bobby Hutton and others were shot to death by Oakland police.

I could go on, but what's the point?  If liberals were describing the U.S. as racist and xenophobic in 1968, then it was for the simple reason that the U.S. WAS racist and xenophobic.  Merely calling it "the most open and tolerant society on earth" is pathetic bullshit.  It was not open and it was not tolerant.  And anyone who was smart enough to read a newspaper or watch the TV could see that for himself.  Only bullshit artists like Dennis Prager would ever have the fucking balls to call the U.S. either open or tolerant.  It was a racist, fascist, xenophobic police state and its army committed racist, fascist, xenophobic war crimes and atrocities that mirrored the racist, fascist, xenophobic society that had sent them eight thousand miles from home to torture, rape and murder two million Vietnamese on the other side of the planet.

richpo64

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »
>>The US is the most open and tolerant society on Earth?<<]

This is just one more reason Barry loses the election. Real Americans don't care for America haters. Especially ones who's reaped the benefits of living here. Like Barry and Michelle. XO and ... whomever.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »
<<This is just one more reason Barry loses the election. Real Americans don't care for America haters. Especially ones who's reaped the benefits of living here. Like Barry and Michelle. XO and ... whomever.>>

Actually I think Rich has it bass-ackwards.  Real Americans like Barak and Michelle, XO, Brass and Lanya and hnumpah and _JS and terra and Knutey are sick and tired of loud-mouthed Nazi wannabes who spill out hatred and vile insults every time they open their dumb fucking mouths and rig elections so that arrogant, dumb morons who deliver war and mass murder instead of health-care, education and decent housing, are elected as President.

I think this time the real Americans are going to rout the fake Americans in a landslide and start to re-build the respect that America used to enjoy in the world before Bush and Cheney and their murderous thieving cohorts squandered it all in a war for oil.

It's about time, too.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »
Making the US open and tolerant is the main purpose of Liberalism.

My ancestors, the ones who were not Choctaws, came here starting in 1635. I have worked every year of my live since 16 except for a year in grad school, and I have always paid my taxes and never received a thing from the government. It is assholes like you, Richie-Poo that are the hate-filled nobodies that suck up to the oligarchy on the mistaken theory that someday they will welcome you into their lairs,  that prevent this from being an open and tolerant country.

You have NO RIGHT to tell me or anyone that I do not belong in this country.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:34 AM »
<<You have NO RIGHT to tell me or anyone that I do not belong in this country.>>

Rich actually has no right (other than a Constitutionally protected right of free speech)  to say most of the ignorant, hate-filled and ultimately childish and pathetic crap that he says, but he says it anyway. 

What I would like to know from Rich himself is, what does he think gives him the right to determine which Americans belong in the country and which don't.  Probably he would say, loving the country gives him the right to belong in it and hating the country takes away that right.  Which raises the interesting question, Does an American citizen have the right to hate his country and remain an American citizen.  To me, it's a no-brainer that he does.  I'd love to hear Rich's take on that.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:55 AM »
<<You have NO RIGHT to tell me or anyone that I do not belong in this country.>>

Rich actually has no right (other than a Constitutionally protected right of free speech)  to say most of the ignorant, hate-filled and ultimately childish and pathetic crap that he says, but he says it anyway. 

What I would like to know from Rich himself is, what does he think gives him the right to determine which Americans belong in the country and which don't.  Probably he would say, loving the country gives him the right to belong in it and hating the country takes away that right.  Which raises the interesting question, Does an American citizen have the right to hate his country and remain an American citizen.  To me, it's a no-brainer that he does.  I'd love to hear Rich's take on that.

I find your last sentence difficult to believe Mike. ;)
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

richpo64

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 02:36:22 PM »
>>You have NO RIGHT to tell me or anyone that I do not belong in this country.<<

Sure I do. It's called the First Amendment.

So try and stop me.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
I mean no moral right.

You have a constitutional right to accuse aliens of stealing your drawers.

richpo64

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »
>>You have a constitutional right to accuse aliens of stealing your drawers.<<

Um, okay.

???

Something else here, liberalism isn't open and tolerant. It's just the opposite. It's roots in fascism go deep and we see it's fruit today in political correctness, racial identity politics, people being fired for saying things deemed "racist", and Barry trying to keep his opponents of the airwaves.

Make no mistake about it. When fascism really does come to America, it will be democrats who bring it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »
So, does an American citizen have the right to hate his own country?

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
>>So, does an American citizen have the right to hate his own country?<<

Sure, and I have the right to tell him to get the fuck out.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 03:47:21 PM »
<<Sure, and I have the right to tell him to get the fuck out.>>

Fair enough, but then he's under no legal obligation whatever to get the fuck out, right?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »
It's roots in fascism go deep and we see it's fruit today in political correctness

LOLOL

The Fascists were of course known for their political correctness!
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.