Author Topic: Insults from the new Democrat leadership  (Read 4713 times)

terra

Re: Insults from the new Democrat leadership
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 05:51:08 PM »
Mississippi is poor. I don't mean just without funds..I mean poor. The kind of poor where  the poor have nothing. You want to see what it was like in slave days? Go to the Black end of any town. The shanties and the poverty...

Who would want to live in Mississippi? Not you.

Just because Mississippi has shantytowns does not mean i would live in a shantytown if i moved to Mississippi. My guess is the cost of living might be lower there because of market forces and i could actually upgrade my living standards with the same income if i moved there.

I would think that the same logic that has people moving to Costa Rica when they retire might apply to Mississippi.

Except they speak English there. Just a thought.

If you were poor in ms. you are poorer then anywhere else. It's like a third world.
Ms. was a hold out in civil rights and  the voteing act... so it is behind in both of those. Rankle would not want to live in Ms. It's a beautiful place, but it's attitude sucks.

I was visiting someone in M once. I was talking to some black elderly ladies and could not understand one word. My friend said that thewy were talking a slave language...I think maybe it was like Galla...but I don't know.

But then I am not al lthat crazy over  the history of the south and that might color my attitude. It's that many in the south still feel the same.  Costa Rica is wet...lots of rain in the mountains and flooding in the valleys.
terra

Mucho

Re: Insults from the new Democrat leadership
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2006, 06:02:58 PM »

But then I am not al lthat crazy over  the history of the south and that might color my attitude. It's that many in the south still feel the same.  Costa Rica is wet...lots of rain in the mountains and flooding in the valleys.
terra

Cost Rica is much nicer than Mississucki. There is poverty , but not the bone crushing type you see in M. The people are also nice unlike here. There is prejudice there, but it isn't aimed at races but at any non-Tico.