Author Topic: Palin is to be respected  (Read 2620 times)

Cynthia

Palin is to be respected
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:49:18 PM »
Both candidates have been civil and straight forward.

Voted....Voted against.....VOted for....against.

This debate has become an argument over reputations four fold.

Bottom line....Biden reminds me of the old saying
Never a bride always a bridesmaid. His time has come and gone for any position in high office....HE's tough like a goat. Tough old goat makes not a good stew.

He speaks in a voice of rhetoric, imo.

Palin is holding her own.
 I like her freshness and willingness to take on the old men of the Government.

She will be a great VP..and every word she utters...I have to remind myself that she is NOT running for the president.

I like her honesty. I like her stance as a Christian.

Smart woman.

Cynthia

Re: Palin is to be respected
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »
AMI!
Did you hear Biden?? LOL

Funding NCLB.....rofl

HE's toast.

fatman

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 11:28:26 PM »
I didn't care for Palin's answer regarding rights for same sex couples.  "Not if it comes close to redefining marriage blah blah blah".  The question was whether she favored extending benefits and rights to same sex couples, the moderator didn't say a damned thing about marriage.  Palin chose to make it about marriage.  Now who has the agenda?

But she labored to point out that she is tolerant and that they would not try to deny same sex couples hospital visitation benefits.

How magnanimous of her.  The more I am watching her, the less I'm liking her.  I realize that she represents a large part of America, especially rural Americans, and I can identify with that.  But when I punch my ballot, I vote for my interests and what I believe to be the national interests, and neither candidate (or VP candidate) has convinced me thus far that they have either.

And this may be a snark and certainly doesn't affect my vote, but doesn't Palin sound a lot like Edie McClurg?  Though to be fair, Barney Frank sounds like Elmer Fudd.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:32:14 PM »
She said that she had no problem with gays having the same constitutional rights as hetero and asexual americans.

Actually she and Biden agreed.

Did you know Biden supported DOMA

And neither Biden or Obama favor same sex marriages

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
Gosh, I have to say.....Biden biting snap at her Maverick is cheap.
She's so fresh. He's not.

What a debate.

As for the NCLB.....I have learned that indeed the act itself never dictated the crap that we see in the classroom.

I am not running for any office here, so I don't give a crap what folks think of me here.....I fought that issue hard. I still maintain that the punitive actions aimed towards we as educators-- qualified educators who work hard at making sure that children learn all they can in a free American given right a public education system.....I maintain that there is an unfair pressure to make certain that all children (95%) make a certain benchmark in the 12 year mark....is just that pressure. Education is not about a race to the perfection of a topping off point.

But, with that said.....the push to improve children's education is at the heart of the NCLB act, and yes, Mario, I agree.....

So I narrow my inquiry into the truth of why we are going through such a hard time as teachers.... and I will regroup---- locating those who are clearly responsible for crushing the spirit of many of us on the stage that is education, including children. Blame is such an old game. We are so tired as teachers of having to jump through these hoops of fire. To have to dodge bullets that are meant for the administrators is not even the way to conduct a business, let alone the place or learning.  Education is not about the final product,but about the process involved.
 Government is not qualified to be the CEO in the business of understanding how children learn...so no matter who is at fault in this NCLB act fiasco, I refuse to honor anyone in the government when it comes to education.

Children have had to suffer, unfortunately in the past 7 years because of the pressure on the good educators.

So, if Kennedy is responsible for this bullshit, then shame on him, overall.....Trickling down to the blame of the local gov. district etc is one thing, if that's who we should blame...I agree....but why did all of this have to happen?

Bush was not the best leader in this nation and that was also reiterated in the VP debate. He just didn't have it together enough to plan, imo.

I have hope for the McCain/Palin ticket. I do.

I'll be happy to move on to other issues on the docket.

The schools have finally found their way out of the mess that was the NCLB act's design. I see it this year in our school.

But, it was a shock to the system from its birth, unfortunately.

That's a shame.

I hate to blame...so I will not.

I am in agreement with Ami on many critical points. I have read the documents like a fine tooth comb. But, I still maintain that the time table made for a panic and that hurt many involved along the road for improvement.

As for Palin....She will do just fine as a VP. She is smart. Bush was not.

Sorry, but he was not. We needed an intelligent leader. I believe that Palin has a hell of a lot going for her if she were to ever have to be our leader.

What a new world.

fatman

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »
Did you know Biden supported DOMA

Yes

And neither Biden or Obama favor same sex marriages

Yes

She said that she had no problem with gays having the same constitutional rights as hetero and asexual americans.

So long as they don't do anything to redefine "marriage".  Marriage wasn't even mentioned in the question, SHE brought it in.  I've said before, and I know that you're in agreement, along with sirs, that I'd be satisfied with equal rights.  The equal right to file my income tax as "couple" (if I can't use the word married), to inherit property, to not testify against a partner in a court of law, the right to insurance coverage either for or by my partner, and a lot of other rights not currently granted by most civil union laws, in the states that even have them.  Palin went out of her way to make the question about marriage, which wasn't even brought in until she said it, and that tweaked my nose a little bit.

I'm liking the candidates less and less on both sides.  I'd vote for Barr if he wasn't a wack-job, I may have to take a hard look at something like the Reform or Constitutional Party.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »
Palin didn't make a fool of herself, as she previously did in the Katie Couric interviews, but she did seem to spew a whole lo of platitudes and GOP talking points in lieu of answering the questions.

If she is against allowing gays to claim their partners on their income tax, (and she is) then she IS for discriminating against them. And the Juniorbush administration and its ghastly performance IS an issue, because they are the ones McCain will draw his advisers from. Observe the reverential awe accorded the genocidal Kissinger.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »
If she is against allowing gays to claim their partners on their income tax, (and she is) then she IS for discriminating against them.

Civil Unions would cover that and she did not say she was against that.

And I doubt Kissinger has had much to do with the Bush Admin.

Baker would be the background guy there.

fatman

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 12:22:43 AM »
Civil Unions would cover that

Not currently under Federal Law or in the Federal Tax Code.  I'm not sure about states that have an income tax and civil unions, here in WA we have a sales tax and no state income tax.  But I might be misunderstanding your point too.

Are you referring to hypothetical, future legislation that may pass the desk of a President?

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:36:49 AM »
That was a very impressive performance by Gov. Palin. She knocked Joe Biden out cold.

I especially liked her shout out to teachers and all of the teachers in her family. She said she would make education a top priority of her Vice Presidential agenda, and she thought NCLB should be made more flexable. She definitely made a connection with the American people as a middle class mother.

I couldn't be prouder that I am supporting her.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 12:45:15 AM »
Are you referring to hypothetical, future legislation that may pass the desk of a President?

We both know marriage is defined at the state level and we both know civil unions will also be a creation of the state.

When enough states recognize civil unions the fed will be forced to change the tax code and other restrictions that might disallow these unions.

And my guess is that will be the bill that crosses a presidents desk.

ZoSo

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 01:20:30 AM »
I feel as though I just watched the Q&A part of the Miss Neocon Alaska Contest.

I'm sorry I missed the bathing suit competition.

She held up well but she didn't win the debate.

Biden was clearly the one who actually understood what he was saying, Palin was doing nothing more than reciting all the neocon verbage that she had crammed to memorize over the past 5 weeks.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 01:27:55 AM »
Muskie lost the nomination for Dem president for crying at the podium.

Does history repeat?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Palin is to be respected? Why?Out of politeness, but hardly intellect
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
Civil Unions would cover that and she did not say she was against that.

And I doubt Kissinger has had much to do with the Bush Admin.

Baker would be the background guy there.
============================================================
Civil Unions do NOT apply to the IRS. If gays could get married and that marriage was recognized as valid all across the nation, then the Supremes would HAVE to apply this to the IRS code.

Of course, the Congress could do this as well, bt they won't, because precisely people like the Republicans, including bogus "Maverick" McCain.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I especially liked her shout out to teachers and all of the teachers in her family. She said she would make education a top priority of her Vice Presidential agenda, and she thought NCLB should be made more flexable. She definitely made a connection with the American people as a middle class mother.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The requirements to be an American middle class mother are sparse. (1) Inherit, marry or earn an adequate amount of money (2) possess at least one functioning ovary. I'm guessing that at least a quarter of the population qualifies. But that is not what we NEED in any part of government.

A VP should be qualified to be president: maternity is not required, and a conscience is more important than an income. If McCain croaks before he becomes 80 or is thrown out for incompetence, we do not need a ditz in the White House.

And, yeah, sure. What exactly is a Vice Presidential Educational Agenda?  Hey, did Cheney (the most powerful VP to date) ever have one? It must be hidden in his undisclosed location if he did.

Here's what the VP must do:
Officially,  tiebreaking in the Senate
Traditionally, funeral and ceremonial visits of dead politicians less important than, say Queen Elizabeth: bet your booty the Pres. will attend when SHE croaks.

And Officially, take over as president if and when the president becomes insane, in a coma, impeached and convicted, or deceased. This didn't work for Republican Spiro Agnew, by the way: not even his own party wanted him running stuff, and he was booted out of the moving bus.

Biden won this on expertise. It was all mostly a fog of accusations and talking points, inexpertly flung. Surely confusing to the average Joe who is clueless about specific bills passed over the past dozen years. But the general consensus is that he did a lot better than she did.

Palin did not reveal her ditzy side this time.
Biden did not ramble or say "literally" too often.

It was far inferior in both format and content to the presidential debate. The latter was a C+, this was maybe a D.

The VP, of course,would have no say in this unless it was by breaking a tie in the Senate.
Kissinger works for and has always worked for Rockefeller and Exxon. He is not an official adviser, but that hardly matters: he was quotes with reverential awe as an Expert.

James Baker is another oil company shill. Similar to Kissinger, but with extra hatefulness, and less genocide.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:43:44 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »
Of course, the Congress could do this as well, bt they won't, because precisely people like the Republicans, including bogus "Maverick" McCain.

And Senators like Kerry, Obama and Biden. If you chide me on accuracy, i feel obligated to return the favor.

The qualifications for President are simple.
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Palin qualifies.
Observe that there is no requirement that they be to your liking.

And as long as we are harping on facts: Would someone tell Biden that Article 1 deals with the Legislative Branch. He said it dealt with the Executive.

Obviously he is a drooling hair-plugged crybaby moron, who smiles while he does the bidding of the credit card companies.