Author Topic: Steyn on Palin  (Read 5703 times)

crocat

Re: Steyn on Palin
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
It is pretty clear that there will be a greater than 45% turnout this year.

mores the pity..... one thing wrong with freedom, even the idiots get to partake

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
Actually I think that McCain is trying to sell their own stuff and are trying to keep it about what he can do and not what Obama cannot.

Must not be watching the same McCain ads I am. Seems everything I see for McCain these days is slinging mud at Obama. At least Obama has a couple of ads telling us what he would do, without so much mud slinging.

"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 11:51:10 AM »
It is pretty clear that there will be a greater than 45% turnout this year.

mores the pity..... one thing wrong with freedom, even the idiots get to partake

====================================================================
Why do you assume that those who vote most of the time are less idiotic than those who refrain from voting?
It seems to me that there is a mix of idiots and non-idiots in both groups.
General Petraeus says he does not vote, because his job is to follow orders. I can respect that, but I dont agree with it. But it';s a free country, so I won't say he has no right to his opinion.

I have observed that not one election in which I have voted was ever lost or won by one vote, so if I never voted, the results in 48 years of elections would have been unchanged. Some who have noticed this with regard to their own voting say that there is no reason to vote. That is hard to argue with.

It is pretty clear that at least SOME idiots vote, and others do not. The same is true for non-idiots.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 12:37:06 PM »
Actually I think that McCain is trying to sell their own stuff and are trying to keep it about what he can do and not what Obama cannot.

Must not be watching the same McCain ads I am. Seems everything I see for McCain these days is slinging mud at Obama. At least Obama has a couple of ads telling us what he would do, without so much mud slinging.

Yea, ....change you can supposedly believe in, change, in order to bring about much needed change, in which Obama will be the master changer for a changing country.

and all you get back after paying his taxes of course, is some change
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »
Yea, ....change you can supposedly believe in, change, in order to bring about much needed change, in which Obama will be the master changer for a changing country.

and all you get back after paying his taxes of course, is some change :D :D

Oooh! ha ha ha hee hee ho ho ! Sirs made a joke!

I strongly suspect that if Obama is elected, sirs will actually pay LESS to the IRS. I furthermore suspect that if is th case, he will not return it to the treasury.

? ? He'll have change, to jingle, jangle jingle. ? ?

[NOTE: the little ?s are really supposed to be musical notes]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:13:31 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
With the fed in the bailout business i doubt seriously if anyone one is getting a tax cut.

richpo64

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »
>>With the fed in the bailout business i doubt seriously if anyone one is getting a tax cut.<<

Ain't that the truth. Look for unemployment to increase after Barry taxes those rich folks making 250K and above. Look for outsourceing of pizza delivery boys to begin shortly after.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
>>With the fed in the bailout business i doubt seriously if anyone one is getting a tax cut.<<

Ain't that the truth. Look for unemployment to increase after Barry taxes those rich folks making 250K and above.

Given that the majority of small & medium sized business in this country, that function above the 250K level, expect them to fire more workers and/or put in a hiring freeze, as they'll soon be mandated to provide health insurance as well.  Watch those unemployment #'s start to skyrocket.  Might want to start keeping our eyes on the misery index......see how soon Obama can pass Carter.  But at least we'll have punished those greedy "rich" people for their successes.  Oh, and let's not forget his effort to throw Iraq into a major civil war.  The cherry on top
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »
WE can look forward to fewer maimed, blind, crippled and insane troops coming home and a reduced number of troops with PTSD. Corrupt Republican Pols in Alaska can look forward to more harassment from Palin, maybe some of them will be able to provide company for Ted Stevens. Fewer people will go bankrupt to pay for operations just to stay alive, the rest of the world will have a more positive view of the US, as it will seem that we have finally gotten over racism.

Once it becomes apparent that we have someone in charge that acts like a grown-up, the world economy will improve. A serious investigation of Wall Street and needed regulations will take place.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »
and all you get back after paying his taxes of course, is some change

Yep, them's the Republican line. One of 'em, anyway. What I want to know is, what does McCain propose to do for us? I could care less what he thinks Obama will do; I want to know what his plans are.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »

Ain't that the truth. Look for unemployment to increase after Barry taxes those rich folks making 250K and above. Look for outsourceing of pizza delivery boys to begin shortly after.

Once while I was delivering Pizza , I wondered if a Pizza could be cooked on its way to the destination?

The delivery truck would need an oven on the back an oven with at least six slots.

The home station woud try to send Pizza after six orders had come in and the driver would go to the home at the right distance for complete cooking first.

After the oven had heated all of the pizzas enough to cook it would automaticly reduce heat to keep the rest of the Pizzas warm through the delivery cycle , chooseing the route of delivery with a GPS map to minimise mileage.

My idea woud reduce the miles per delivery signifigantly and with the increase in fuel cost it becomes  a better idea than it was when I first had it.

Ordinary delivery methods would have to be kept handy for slow periods , but an increased rate of delivery during high demand periods would be a secondary result.

Also , during the low heat part of the cycle a heat exchanger on the engine exaust might provide enough heat without use of additional fuel.

If the whole rig was running on NG I think that the economy of the thing would produce a compeditive advantage and the cleanliness would produce a goodpublic image.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »
I am not sure this would be an improvement. I don't think there is much difficulty getting a pizza delivered while still plenty hot.

I don't recall ever getting a pizza or any other food that was not adequately hot, not even when I lived in Iowa, Missouri or Washington State. In Miami, keeping food hot is no problem.

If you are cooking the pizza on the way to the customer's houses, that means that every pizza delivery wagon would need to be inspected by the Board of Health. This would add to your cost.

You need more than a GPS to find the shortest route if you have multiple destinations. It could be done, but you'd need a special computer combined with the GPS.

Then there would be insurance on a vehicle that was merely modified, that would have a large propane tank and a lot of it burning. Imagine the lawsuits if one of these gets in a wreck and engulfs the Pizza guy and all the cute little girls in the other car in a giant ball of flames.

The GPS is a great idea, as this would save fuel.

An interesting thought, though.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 05:58:32 PM »
Yea, ....change you can supposedly believe in, change, in order to bring about much needed change, in which Obama will be the master changer for a changing country.  And all you get back after paying his taxes of course, is some change

Yep, them's the Republican line. One of 'em, anyway. What I want to know is, what does McCain propose to do for us?

As little as possible hopefully, while winning the war agiast Militant islam.  Both of which would be the polar opposite tacts under Obama. 

I could care less what he thinks Obama will do; I want to know what his plans are.

You're fella's got it down.......change.  How much more detail do you need H?  sheeeesh

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
I am not sure this would be an improvement. I don't think there is much difficulty getting a pizza delivered while still plenty hot.

I don't recall ever getting a pizza or any other food that was not adequately hot, not even when I lived in Iowa, Missouri or Washington State. In Miami, keeping food hot is no problem.

This is done by going from the store with a small number of Pizzas.

Each pair in an insulated bag.

The most I ever managed was four destinations on one trip , eliminateing some of the return trips to the store is the major advantage I was after.

I gotta admit that the safetya and insurance problem is important to solve before calling this idea practical.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
What I want to know is, what does McCain propose to do for us?

The summary page:

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/issues/

There are lots of links on that page, as well as on the pages those link to. Quite a bit of info there.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)