Author Topic: BT -  (Read 2101 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
BT -
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:41 PM »
BT, I lifted this little thread snippet whole from another thread to bring it to your attention:

Quote from Rich
<<Whatever. Clearly BO is a demented little turd forced upon the world by the invention of the internet. One can only hope an aneurysm is in his immediate future.>>

Quote from Michael Tee
<<Hey, if there's gotta be a line in here - - and BT has clearly stated there has - - I think wishing for the death or life-threatening illness of a member has clearly crossed it.

<<Ball in your court, BT - - either all the restrictions come off, or Richie has to be called to account.  Your choice.>>

Personally, as you know, I'm all for a no-holds-barred style of debate, but if you're making rules (a  prerogative I respect) they need to be enforced across the board.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: BT -
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
There is plenty of insulting going on in here.

Some from the left some from the right.

<<Ball in your court, BT - - either all the restrictions come off, or Richie has to be called to account.  Your choice.>>

Oh I think there are other choices. I'm not real good with either / or ultimatums.

Just thought i would share that with you.

Knutey

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »
There is plenty of insulting going on in here.

Some from the left some from the right.

Oh I think there are other choices. I'm not real good with either / or ultimatums.

Just thought i would share that with you.

Dont delete richiepoo. Watching his  foaming is the most fun I have in here. The wishing death thing is , however , a little disconcerting.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
There are such things as valid arguments on all sides of the political spectrum, but the rightwing types do not write much that is in any way original here. They post crap from ultra rightwing blogs or they just insult, insult, insult. They appear to be entirely without any sense of creativity or original thought. Plane does post interesting and thought-provoking articles from time to time.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 05:25:09 PM »
XO

Go back through a weeks worth of yours posts in here and count how many times you have called members or those on the right assholes.

Bet you it is double digits.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
There are such things as valid arguments on all sides of the political spectrum, but the rightwing types do not write much that is in any way original here. They post crap from ultra rightwing blogs or they just insult, insult, insult. They appear to be entirely without any sense of creativity or original thought. Plane does post interesting and thought-provoking articles from time to time.

Thank you .

But-

You notice that I quit being a monitor , I found it exausting and wrenching .

It is a more serious responsibility than it looks like.

Even though the stakes are low , everyone is demmanding perfection in justice and no one beleives their own POV to have even the slightest flaw.

So perfect justice will never apply disipline to ME , and it will never fail to apply disipline to THEM.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 05:37:50 PM »
<<Oh I think there are other choices. I'm not real good with either / or ultimatums.

<<Just thought i would share that with you.>>

The clear issue is that notwithstanding restrictions you have chosen to impose, where none existed before, one member is openly hoping for the death of another.

For some reason I will not speculate on, you have chosen to make the issue one of ultimatums, rather than deal with the actual issue raised.

And that's just something I thought I would like to share with you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »
Observe that although I might call some right wing figure an asshole, I normally do not call anyone else here and asshole or any other name unless they insult me first.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 05:51:59 PM »
<<Oh I think there are other choices. I'm not real good with either / or ultimatums.

<<Just thought i would share that with you.>>

The clear issue is that notwithstanding restrictions you have chosen to impose, where none existed before, one member is openly hoping for the death of another.

For some reason I will not speculate on, you have chosen to make the issue one of ultimatums, rather than deal with the actual issue raised.

And that's just something I thought I would like to share with you.

Dont worry, MT Apparently wishing death on one's enemies is OK with the American Far Right:
http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/kill-him.html

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
I see.

So the lack of civility is due to perceived and/or real slights, with the resultant payback and escalation.

So starting right now, everyone has a clean slate, with no perceived or real slights on record , thus no need for retaliation or escalation.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
This'll work about as well as the last attempt to impose civility, but what the hell, why not give it one more try?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »
Michael while I agree there is a clear line that fellow 3DHS members should try not to cross,
it is odd for a complaint to originate from you because you use near obscene language on
this message board on a weekly basis. I predict things will simmer down after the election.
The campaign is heating up and so is 3DHS. Once the election is over fellow members should
calm down which will return civility back to the educational dialogue of this site.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »
Poor babies.

:D

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »
I see.

So the lack of civility is due to perceived and/or real slights, with the resultant payback and escalation.

So starting right now, everyone has a clean slate, with no perceived or real slights on record , thus no need for retaliation or escalation.

Pay back is escalation.

In such an exchange who wants to give less each iteration?

This skill was mastered in Highschool what grade are we in?

richpo64

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »
>>So starting right now, everyone has a clean slate, with no perceived or real slights on record , thus no need for retaliation or escalation.<<

No problem. I think you saw how hard I was trying to ignore the names, the insults, the curses. I'm counting on the fact that you saw it.

I'm not sure exactly how it works when it comes to insults though. Does shear volume count more? Because if that's the case you certainly realize BO and Mike are the points leader there. Or is it the brightness of the flame? Personally I think that piling more and more wood day after day makes a brighter flame than a single piece of wood.

As always, I'll live with whatever decision you come to.

Something else though. I'm going to keep a list this time. If that's alright with you.  Every name, every juvenile little name change.  Every venomous bard thrown in underhand. I'll post it weekly. I'll have to think of a humorous name for it. Hell, I'll take any suggestions.

Country First.