Author Topic: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice  (Read 931 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
"As African American, I'm especially proud because this is a country that has been through a long journey in terms of overcoming wounds and making race not the factor in our lives. That work is not done, but yesterday was obviously an extraordinary step forward," said Rice.

Earlier Wednesday, State Department officials made a final walk-through inspection of a large suite of offices here that will accommodate the Obama administration's foreign policy transition team within a matter of days.

Extensive briefing books will await the Obama team, covering everything from the status of key foreign policy issues to the management of the vast department, which has more than 20,000 employees -- half of them overseas.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 08:06:21 PM »
I am thinking that there is at least a 50-50 chance that Condi voted for Obama. Of course, she won't make that public now, maybe not even in her inevitable upcoming tell-all or tell-at-least-some book.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

crocat

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:19:29 PM »
I am thinking that there is at least a 50-50 chance that Condi voted for Obama. Of course, she won't make that public now, maybe not even in her inevitable upcoming tell-all or tell-at-least-some book.

why should she make it public how she voted?  If she did, would that make a better human being in your eyes? 

You have such a nasty negative way about you.  Do you live in the US?   and if so.... why?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:54 PM »
I wonder whether I would rather vote for the Rice -Palin  ticket or the Palin -Rice ticket.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
You have such a nasty negative way about you.  Do you live in the US?   and if so.... why?
================================================

Well, it is none of my business how Condi voted, but I was just speculating. I get to do that. It's allowed, and I dont think it is even nasty.

I am a thirteenth generation American, except for at least one Choctaw ancestor, so this is my country, that's why I live here. I like seeing other countries and even other parts of my country. I am not about to leave my country. I'd like to see it get better, and I don't think I have any right to tell the Argentines, Paraguayans, Uruguayans, Mexicans, Spaniards or anyone else how to run their respective countries, but I sure as Hell have a right to express myself about my own country.

Observe that I did not ask Condi how she voted, or even say that I thought she needed to tell anyone. I am pretty sure she'll be writing that book, though, and for it to sell to anyone beyond libraries, it will need some secrets, won't it? What on Earth is nasty about any of this? 

I voted (no secret) for Obama because I see him as the sort of cool, collected, competent leader we need after so many years of the Doofus. If I were Black like Condi, I doubt that I'd vote against Obama. Intellectuals really like him, and Blacks really do too, and Condi is a Black intellectual. If YOU were Condi, who would YOU prefer: Obama or Sarah Palin?

What is nasty about wondering how Condi voted?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »
I wonder whether I would rather vote for the Rice -Palin  ticket or the Palin -Rice ticket.

========================================
I doubt that you'll ever be given a chance to vote for either.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 11:45:33 PM »
I am a thirteenth generation American, except for at least one Choctaw ancestor ...

And why would that one Choctaw ancestor not count?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 05:38:49 AM »
I am a thirteenth generation American, except for at least one Choctaw ancestor ...

And why would that one Choctaw ancestor not count?

==================================================
I did not say she would not count, but she was not the thirteenth generation. Maybe the hundredth? Who knows. They lost count, I guess.