Author Topic: KKK shoots and kills  (Read 13108 times)

Knutey

Re: KKK shoots and kills
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Follow the bigotry when the racists of the north joined their southern soulmates.The sunbelt is about to sink again into it's fixated racism.

Sounds like California, Didn't do too well with Prop 8 did you.

Californians are sometimes suckers for slick  well-financed Mor(m)on campaigns. We do not relish in our prejudices like y'all. I am gratified that you needed to go so far off topic to say anything.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »
I find it curious strange that the Mormon Church is so eager to champion the joys of "one man, one woman", when it has been best known for its stand of "one man, as many women as we damn well please".

God is truly kind to the Mormons, though. When Mormon statehood was rejected by Congress over the issue of Mormon polygamy, the standing president of the LDS Church, who is also an elected prophet, declared that polygamy was out, monogamy was in, and *bing!* excess wives were ditched and Utah was admitted to the Union.

It would have been interesting had this issue been brought before the Supreme Court. Perhaps it was.

I don't see how a "strict constructionist" judge could find any way to ban Utah from statehood on the grounds that a lot of its people were polygamous. Any approval of monogamy or disapproval of polygamy that a Supreme might find would have to be found outside the Constitution, which makes no references to either.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »
Californians are sometimes suckers for slick  well-financed Mor(m)on campaigns. We do not relish in our prejudices like y'all. I am gratified that you needed to go so far off topic to say anything.

I see where the Mormons are the favorite whipping boys of the oh so tolerant left in California, but i seem to have read that blacks and Hispanics also were overwhelmingly against gay marriage in the state and they vote as has been pointed out many times for the D beside a name.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »
Apparently the left is allowing far too many of their constituents venture off the reservation and start thinking for themselves.  And to some, apparently they're too dumb & easily succumb to "slick ads"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:20 PM »
The idea that somehow allowing gay people to marry will in any way affect the status of married heterosexual couples is just dumb. How could this be possible?

I am pretty sure that it is unlikely that even the most manly of wives will be mistaken for men, or the most prissy of men will be mistaken for women, just because the state allowed gay people to marry. 

If it has something to do with the fact that God (as described in the OT of the Bible, especially) does not like homosexuals, then either these people should leave the punishment up to God, or strive to enact and enforce a Constitutional amendment against sodomy and cohabitation. I imagine that if the Constitution of the US were amended to allow public stonings, they could also have that as well. Might as well throw in a requirement to televise the stonings as well.

What it looks like is happening is that we are going to have some states where gay people can be married and can be treated as any married couple, and another set of states where the same individuals will not have their marriages recognized. Eventually this is going to result in a King-Hell Gay Dred Scott decision that will make no sense to anyone.

I see no reason for the Prop 8 or the FL amendment other than fanaticism, ignorance and spite.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
Where Prop 8 went wrong
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
This thing, Proposition 2, passed by 62+%, with 60% required:

"This amendment protects marriage as the legal union of only one man and one woman as husband and wife and provides that no other legal union that is treated as marriage or the substantial equivalent thereof shall be valid or recognized."

It means that no civil union of any two people of whatever sex, from whatever place, is valid in Florida. Or that's is what several experts have said.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 04:18:04 PM »
If gay people want to get married, or get together, they should have a civil partnership.  The word 'marriage,' I think, puts a lot of people off. You get the same equal rights that we do when we have a civil partnership. Heterosexual people get married. We can have civil partnerships."

Elton John

Knutey

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 04:55:58 PM »

I see where the Mormons are the favorite whipping boys of the oh so tolerant left in California, but i seem to have read that blacks and Hispanics also were overwhelmingly against gay marriage in the state and they vote as has been pointed out many times for the D beside a name.

Blacks and Hispanics just voted for it. The Mo(r)ons voted and funded Prop 8 .

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Blacks and Hispanics just voted for it.

The level of involvement of these groups could very well depend on the pronouncements from the pulpit and on a more visceral level the street music.

Do rappers in general favor gay marriage?

richpo64

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
>>Do rappers in general favor gay marriage?<<

LMAO

I often admire how you stick your finger in knutty's piggy little eye, but that was classic.

Bravo.

Shame though. He might not even get it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
Rappers, like redneck country singers, are not known for being geniuses. Most rap music can be characterized by the term "rhythmic bitching".

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »
Apparently knute is privy to who actually did and did not donate $ in support of prop 8.  FBI might want to check into that

richpo64

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »
I doubt the FBI would be interested. He is however, the poster child for the modern left.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »
Rappers, like redneck country singers, are not known for being geniuses. Most rap music can be characterized by the term "rhythmic bitching".

The point being that they can be as influential as a media buy, perhaps more so if they have a reputation for "keepin it real"