Author Topic: MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn?t Obama?s Election Ended Terrorism?  (Read 5788 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
logo
Published on NewsBusters.org (http://newsbusters.org)
MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn?t Obama?s Election Ended Terrorism?
By Rich Noyes
Created 2008-12-01 10:53

File this one under ?Deluded Expectations.? During MSNBC?s coverage of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India, on Thursday, daytime anchor Alex Witt seemed frustrated that the election of Barack Obama 23 days earlier ? and the accompanying ?global outpouring of affection, respect, hope? ? had not caused an end to terrorist violence.

Talking with correspondent John Yang, who was covering the Obama side of the story, Witt conceded that while ?you certainly can?t expect things to change on a dime overnight....There had been such a global outpouring of affection, respect, hope, with the new administration coming in, that precisely these kinds of attacks, it was thought ? at least hoped ? would be dampered down. But in this case it looks like Barack Obama is getting a preview of things to come.?

It almost seems like a parody of liberals? blind worship of Obama to actually expect that The One?s election would mean terrorists hanging up their bomb belts, peace around the world, lions lying down with lambs, and so forth. For his part, Yang delicately pointed out the more valid concern that ?the enemies of the United States, those who don?t care for the United States no matter who?s leading it, would try and test the United States? during the transition from Bush to Obama.

Here?s the full exchange, that took place at about 2:55pm EST on Thursday, after Yang reported on how Obama was being fully briefed by the Bush administration on the terrorist attacks:

ALEX WITT: You know, John, and it?s interesting because there are many who had such an optimstic and hopeful opinion of things, and you certainly can?t expect things to change [snaps fingers] on a dime overnight, but there are many who suggested that with the outgoing Bush administration and the incoming Obama administration there would be something of a lull in terrorism attacks. There had been such a global outpouring of affection, respect, hope, with the new administration coming in, that precisely these kinds of attacks, it was thought ? at least hoped ? would be dampered down. But in this case it looks like Barack Obama is getting a preview of things to come.

JOHN YANG: He?s ? it?s a rude awakening, a very, sort of, sober reminder of what he?s going to be facing in just a few weeks. And there is some concern also, there had been some concern, that during this period, during this, the transition period, between Election Day and Inauguration Day, that the enemies of the United States, those who don?t care for the United States no matter who?s leading it, would try and test the United States, would try to take advantage of this period, and I think that may be one thing that we?re seeing right now.

WITT: Okay, John Yang there in Chicago, following President-elect Barack Obama?s Thanksgiving Day dinner having been interrupted by all of this news from Mumbai. John, thank you very much.

Source URL:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/12/01/msnbc-anchor-frets-why-hasn-t-obama-s-election-ended-terrorism
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: MSNBC Anchor Frets: Why Hasn?t Obama?s Election Ended Terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:41:44 AM »
Poor Alex.  We got a new president, not Peace In Our Time.

I bet foot fungus will even continue to grow! Don't tell her.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Knutey

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:41:45 AM »
Poor Alex.  We got a new president, not Peace In Our Time.

I bet foot fungus will even continue to grow! Don't tell her.

I had never heard of her before , but knew she was so stuoid she must be a Repub, And I was right!

http://www.democrats.com/alex-witt-republican-liar
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:38:42 AM by Knutey »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:31:38 AM »
Calling her a Republican doesn't make her one. Your (broken) link has no evidence that she is a Republican.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
Calling her a Republican doesn't make her one. Your (broken) link has no evidence that she is a Republican.

I fixed it  so you wont need to thinkMr Anal Retentive.
Here is even more circumstantial evidence.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7504297#7504304

Hardly anyone wants to be called a Republican anymore.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-11/21/content_10389456.htm

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:09:18 PM »
I fixed it  so you wont need to think

Why would I want to be like you?

That's not evidence of any sort - it's just more mindless idiots like you calling her a Republican; as I said, calling her a Republican does not make her one. I could call what you spout "intelligent debate", but just calling it that does not change it from the idiotic ravings that it actually is.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 03:33:40 PM »
I fixed it  so you wont need to think

Why would I want to be like you?

That's not evidence of any sort - it's just more mindless idiots like you calling her a Republican; as I said, calling her a Republican does not make her one. I could call what you spout "intelligent debate", but just calling it that does not change it from the idiotic ravings that it actually is.

If I wanted intelligent debate, I wouldnt come into this looney bin.Y'all  RW fruitcakes already know everything so why bother? If it walks , talks and lies like a Repub it must be one.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
If I wanted intelligent debate, I wouldnt come into this looney bin.Y'all  RW fruitcakes already know everything so why bother? If it walks , talks and lies like a Repub it must be one.

Personally, I'd prefer if you found someplace else to dispense your "wisdom". You contribute nothing of value here.

Knutey

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »

Personally, I'd prefer if you found someplace else to dispense your "wisdom". You contribute nothing of value here.

And I would prefer if you would kiss my ass. That is more likely to happen than me letting you get away with your arrogant  bullshit unchallenged

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 05:42:08 PM »
And I would prefer if you would kiss my ass. That is more likely to happen than me letting you get away with your arrogant  bullshit unchallenged

You really need to get over your schoolgirl crush on me.

Knutey

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »

You really need to get over your schoolgirl crush on me.

Never did care much for y'all fatsos actually.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 11:25:43 PM »

Coulda fooled me, what with all the time you spend chasing me around and writing suggestive posts in response to mine.

Knutey

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 11:37:20 AM »

Coulda fooled me, what with all the time you spend chasing me around and writing suggestive posts in response to mine.

If you care to check it , it was you that started this little pissing match. If you think kiss my ass is suggestive, you are a bigger perv than a Republican Senator.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
If you care to check it , it was you that started this little pissing match. If you think kiss my ass is suggestive, you are a bigger perv than a Republican Senator.

Pointing out your lie is not a "pissing match" - but your responses sure seem to be an attempt to start one.

Knutey

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »

Pointing out your lie is not a "pissing match" - but your responses sure seem to be an attempt to start one.

What lie? You are constantly accusing others of your repeated sins. Can you prove Alex is not an ignorant Repub? She sure does act like one.