Author Topic: If Election Today Majority Would Vote Against Obama  (Read 574 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
If Election Today Majority Would Vote Against Obama
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/01/majority_would.php

A year into his tenure, a majority of Americans would already vote against Pres. Obama if the '12 elections were held today, according to a new survey.

The Allstate/National Journal Heartland Monitor poll shows 50% say they would probably or definitely vote for someone else. Fully 37% say they would definitely cast a ballot against Obama. Meanwhile, just 39% would vote to re-elect the pres. to a 2nd term, and only 23% say they definitely would do so.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have to wonder if Obama will shunned or welcomed to campaign for Congress members seeking re-election....................................................

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: If Election Today Majority Would Vote Against Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »
This is a silly poll, as it assumes that it is unimportant who would be running against Obama.
If you restate it as Huckabee vs. Obama, Romney vs. Obama, Palin vs. Obama, Gingrich vs. Obama, each would give different results.

If Obama did receive 50% of the vote, he would win, because there are always some third party candidates that would result in Obama's opponent getting less than 50%.

But I was not expecting adequate mathematics skills.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
Re: If Election Today Majority Would Vote Against Obama
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
If Obama did receive 50% of the vote, he would win, because there are always some third party candidates that would result in Obama's opponent getting less than 50%.

You're assuming that a third party candidate would only pull from Obama's opponent; this is not a valid assumption.

But I was not expecting adequate mathematics skills.

Yeah, neither was I.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)