Author Topic: the International Crusade for Holy Relics  (Read 1398 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the International Crusade for Holy Relics
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:20:57 AM »
Last month, Serafin's group, the International Crusade for Holy Relics, opened a new front that's truly worthy of a David and Goliath metaphor: a call to boycott eBay.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/crusader-takes-on-ebay-over-sales-of/20061123142709990001

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: the International Crusade for Holy Relics
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:12:11 AM »
I pretty sure there is no way I am going to boycott e-bay over this. But I am not planning to buy any body parts or reliquaries, holy or otherwise, either.

Somehow, I doubt that a bone or dried part of a saint would be miraculous, anyway. Most likely it would be either an animal part or the part of someone why wasn't a saint.

There have been hundreds of thousands of Egyptian mummies dug up over the years, complete with bones. How could you tell the difference between a bone from one of these are St. Augustine? I suggest that without some saintly DNA this would be impossible.

E-Bay is obviously not at fault, since there was a statement that no body parts were included, and no evidence that they were.

These things have been bartered between varoius churches for centuries, by the way.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."