Author Topic: i am telling you SIRS we could do much worse!  (Read 1373 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
i am telling you SIRS we could do much worse!
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
SIRS today even some Abortocrat is questioning Kagen's
urging of President Clinton to ban late term murder abortion.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100518/ap_on_go_su_co/us_kagan_abortion_1
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: i am telling you SIRS we could do much worse!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
I'll await to see the crux of her memos when she was serving under Clinton, to better ascertain her level of extremism
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
It would be ironic if she turns out to be Souter in reverse.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »
I'll await to see the crux of her memos when she was serving under Clinton, to better ascertain her level of extremism

Something a little devious going on here?   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »
"The Judiciary Committee asks for letters, memos, e-mails and more, before
hearings on the Supreme Court nominee begin June 28. A Clinton library official
says meeting the deadline would be "very difficult"

ok SIRS what they hiding?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »
We can only speculate, but I have a good deductive foundation as to why

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
We can only speculate, but I have a good deductive foundation as to why

I don't think they are hiding anything. I think that they haven't indexed the millions upon millions of documents at the presidential libraries and it would take time to produce the documents as well as have Clinton and then Obama OK the release of them.

As a side note, Clinton nominated Kagan for a seat on the US Court of Appeals for DC. The GOP Senate sat on that nomination and it expired. The seat remained unfilled until John Roberts filled it. The same John Roberts who is now Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

If there was something lurking in Kagan's past it would have surfaced when she was confirmed for Solicitor General.

The opposition is just posturing, they can't stop her from taking the seat and they can't postpone the hearings until a new Congress takes its seats.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
I'm not claiming any plan to stop her from taking a seat on the court.  I merely want all her background produced.  As Solicitor General, the need for such a background check likely wasn't as intensely needed.  Yes, you may be correct that there's some posturing going on.  And yes, you may be correct that if there was anything, it would have come out already, during her SG confirmation. 

BUT, she's being nominated for a lifelong position, with rulings that can effect generations to come, not as some administration's SG, to be moved out upon the next change of Administration.  If something supposedly would have come out by now, yet nothing from the Clinton Libarary has been looked at, do to whatever reason, be it cataloguing, indexing, or whatever, I'm not sure how you could come to that conclusion

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
And yes, you may be correct that if there was anything, it would have come out already, during her SG confirmation. 

sorry sirs I gotta disagree about that.
lately i see too many skeletons popping up late in peoples career.I don`t get it
unless background checks get progresively stronger at each level.
you`d think it would of been thorough at a lower level though.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »
I merely want all her background produced.

And how do you propose that that happen in the time frame given?  Do you want a paper dump without any review for national security concerns, attorney-client or executive privilege?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
Not at all.  Delay the hearings just a tad.  Speed up the bureaucracy.  This IS the highest court she's being nominated to, not some weekend guest stint on Judge Judy for a few years.  Such an elevation SHOULD allow for a little time for those involved in her confirmation, to better be educated on the candidate

Otherwise, it smells, with an effort to speed her thru, while the core of the paperwork that would accurately portray her in, somehow can't be produced in time.  Oh well, push her thru anyways, no big deal right?  Just  a lifetime Justice on the Highest Court of the country, no biggie.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 02:18:14 AM »
The averagetime between nomination and confirmation for the currently sitting Justices is 73 days.

Stevens took 19, Ginsburg 50. Thomas 107.

Is Kagan really being rushed through ?

The Clinton Library will probably roll out documents as they become available, just like the Reagan Library did for Roberts.

You jump on Prince for assuming the worst about Cops, yet here you are assuming librarians are up to no good.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »
You must have missed the part where I'm merely speculating, nor am I referencing Prince as assuming the worst about cops in general.  I'll assume a more smelly odor, if Kagan is rushed thru the process while this mountain of her positions are somehow made to be squeezed like water from a rock.  Probably isn't will be, and let's just say I'm not giving this, nor the Clinton administration the benefit of the doubt.  Not with this type of an appointment.  SG?, sure.  SCOTUS?, no
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:32:18 AM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 02:44:43 AM »
If the average time from nomination to confirmation is 73 days i don't see how Kagan is being rushed through.

The hearings start on day 49 since her nomination. Assume 3 weeks from committee to a floor vote and she is well within the norm.

Not that it matters. The dems can do what they want since they control the presidency and the senate.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 03:13:03 AM »
Precisely.  They'd be screaming bloody murder if this were a GOP nominee and mountains of their notes were at the Reagan library