Author Topic: I am impressed with this comic.  (Read 7130 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am impressed with this comic.
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
Xo, with yet another deflection effort.  Yo, Xo, this is a debate forurm, where we debate ideas and concepts, morals, & laws, politics & religion, etc.  At no time has the intention of this forum be to turn a poster from the dark side to the right side.  If it were to happen, great, but to act like because "your mind is made up", so why bother even posting is pretty transparent.  If that were the case, why would we even be here, since rarely do staked out positions change.  Many a time, they actually harden, with others start resorting to name calling, insults, and fall backs to becoming the spelling nazi, yet again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB/Hero/Genius/MovieStar

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
"This act is like other acts , it leaves its print in the sand."

Ahh, good, lets use this example.

I once read a book on tracking by a guy whose grandfather was an American Indian, schooled in the old ways. When talking about tracks his grandfather had taught him that in order to judge the age of a set of tracks you have learn by going to a set of tracks everyday and watching the change that occurs. For everyday day that passes those tracks will take on a different appearance. You have to learn by watching as those tracks go through their transformation.  Everyday they pick up their own different unique qualities. The woods won't come alive for you if you don't see in this way.  It's very important and I've trained myself to do it benefiting greatly.

BSB   

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:09 PM »
I have simply run out of things to say about a woman's right to choice. I am sick of gristly dead fetus pictures and discussions of chickens and eggs, ashes and wood. That is not a deflection, it is simply the truth.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
"This act is like other acts , it leaves its print in the sand."

Ahh, good, lets use this example.

I once read a book on tracking by a guy whose grandfather was an American Indian, schooled in the old ways. When talking about tracks his grandfather had taught him that in order to judge the age of a set of tracks you have learn by going to a set of tracks everyday and watching the change that occurs. For everyday day that passes those tracks will take on a different appearance. You have to learn by watching as those tracks go through their transformation.  Everyday they pick up their own different unique qualities. The woods won't come alive for you if you don't see in this way.  It's very important and I've trained myself to do it benefiting greatly.

BSB

I've got that book! Very interesting that Apache scouts were practicly scientists .
Do you recall the scene where the elder leads the two boys into a particular spot and asks them to find the big tree?

They look around a good while  before they figure it out, the big old tree is dead and rotted away , but the younger trees where it was are all still leaning away from its shade.

Nature is full of dynamic processes which happen on every conceivable timescale.

http://www.amazon.com/Tom-Browns-Science-Art-Tracking/dp/0425157725

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »
Not becoming pregnant at all is less wear and tear than having an abortion, with no internal conflict or ambiguous morality .

So what?

It is none of your business whether she bears a child or not.

Look. My mind is made up on this. You are not saving a single fetus or baby by constantly harping on this.
I am 100% okay with every pregnant woman making up her own mind and dealing with any moral compunctions, period.

You are just wasting your time.

I am more like wasting your time , but I am gratfull for your generosity in that respect.

I would like to do something that would reduce abortion to rarity, but I really can't .

What I can do is make sure that I am well founded and self examined.

You help me there, anything that I posit that really strikes you as stupid you are prone to challenge ,so I get my cobwebs cleared up....

So,   ... thanks!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
I have simply run out of things to say about a woman's right to choice. I am sick of gristly dead fetus pictures and discussions of chickens and eggs, ashes and wood. That is not a deflection, it is simply the truth.

It's a deflection, when you imply Plane, or anyone else, is wasting time with any posts, because YOUR mind has already been made up.  It's never a waste of time to highlight truth, logic, and facts.  Just because YOU don't agree with them, wish to ignore them, and jump up and down screaming how you won't change your mind, demonstrates a near level of immaturity.  But at mnumum, it does help "the other side", when they see such tactics, knowing then their arguement is a winning one

Oh, by the way, the issue has never been about "a woman's right to chose".  It's about abortion, plane and simple.  A woman can choose anything they want as it relates to their body, and even their unborn child.  Just not murder the child (abortion)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:33 AM »
I say a woman has a perfect right to an abortion whenevee=r she wants, and goons like you should have NOTHING to say about it. It is none of your beeswax.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »
It's the unborn child's beeswax, and since he apparently gets no say, "goons like me" SHOULD have something to say about it

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
There is no unborn child, only a fetus, and a fetus gets no vote any more than a sperm or an egg does.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
There is no unborn child, only a fetus, and a fetus gets no vote any more than a sperm or an egg does.

But why do you think this?

A fetus of eight months is indistinguishable from a post birth child the same age.

A fetus of nine months and several days can be beheaded and delivered in bits , even if it is perfectly healthy , no threat to the mother and the product of a loving union.

Must abortion remain free of all regulation and this baby bear a dehumanising name for no good reason?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
There is no unborn child

Many courts across the country, apparently disagree with you.  Pity  Perhaps if you just called that unborn child .... a rock.  Maybe a splinter, instead of a fetus.  Something that is undeniably inanimate, incapable of having any feelings or ability to grow & mature

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 11:13:23 PM »
  Fetus may not be the best euphenism, it is merely the latin word for baby.

I have seen the term "medical waste" used to refer to these persons .

Reminds me of Gobbels reference to Jews as "lice".

Anything to avoid the humanity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »
  Fetus may not be the best euphenism, it is merely the latin word for baby.

I have seen the term "medical waste" used to refer to these persons .

Reminds me of Gobbels reference to Jews as "lice".

Anything to avoid the humanity.

Precisely

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
Fetus is the Latin word for "fetus"

An infant (from the Latin word infans, meaning "unable to speak" or "speechless") is the very young offspring of a human or other mammal. When applied to humans, the term is usually considered synonymous with baby, but the latter is commonly applied to the young of any animal. When a human child learns to walk, the term toddler may be used instead.

The term infant is typically applied to young children between the ages of 1 month and 12 months; however, definitions may vary between birth and 3 years of age. A newborn is an infant who is only hours, days, or up to a few weeks old. In medical contexts, newborn or neonate (from Latin, neonatus, newborn) refers to an infant in the first 28 days after birth;[1] the term applies to premature infants, postmature infants, and full term infants. Before birth, the term fetus is used.

BSB/Hero/Genius/MovieStar

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »
Anti-abortion, what an odd position to take.

BSB