Author Topic: Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage  (Read 4515 times)

BSB

Re: Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
>>I am somewhat distressed at my effect on 3DHS, it is not supposed to be "king of the mountain" but I feel as if I am alone at its peak in spite of not wanting to be<<

>>I miss Ganemede and Fatman too, but I am not sure I was good for them either<<

Plane, I could be crule and drag this out, but if you take meds and are off them get the hell back on them.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »
Oh, the irony
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:17 PM »
The social order needs those children to grow up , so it is encourageing men to stay where they have planted.

Untill recently.
======================================================
There are still many who encourage such behavior. What has happened is that birth control has made it possible for women to reject their previous roles as baby factories, and machinery and other devices have made labor less physical than previously. There was a good reason why women did not drive stagecoaches, stoke locomotives and pour steel in the 1800's: they were not strong enough. But they can easily drive a modern locomotive and manage a robot that pours steel. The work environment has become much less physical (at which men excel) and much more mental (at which both sexes can attain competence). So now women can be independent of husbands and job restrictions and earn their own keep. Until the 1900's, this was simply impossible for 99% of women.

Child rearing is perhaps better done by a couple, but capitalism (and any industrial economic system)  is more efficient when both the man and the woman work at something monetarily productive.

Yep!

But don't ask me to be happy about it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »
I was not requesting anyone to be happy about anything.

However:

A marriage of 22 years is an accomplishment.

Keep in mind that a 100% success rate at anything is rare.

We should not consider all those who vie in the Olympics that do not return with a gold medal to be failures.

We should not think of every football player without a Superbowl ring as a flop.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."