Author Topic: Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage  (Read 4604 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Estates and bloodlines were the purpose of marriage. They were civil unions, more often then not arranged to protect and transfer wealth. For me, it still had that purpose for you, who the hell knows, you failed.

BSB

Yes I failed , but not in terms of estate nor in terms of bloodline.

So do you mean I succeeded?

Or are you at cross purposes to your own argument?

BSB

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
>>I am somewhat distressed at my effect on 3DHS, it is not supposed to be "king of the mountain" but I feel as if I am alone at its peak in spite of not wanting to be<<

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
>>I am somewhat distressed at my effect on 3DHS, it is not supposed to be "king of the mountain" but I feel as if I am alone at its peak in spite of not wanting to be<<

Yes.

Please analise .

BSB

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
"Yes I failed , but not in terms of estate nor in terms of bloodline.

So do you mean I succeeded?

Or are you at cross purposes to your own argument?"

Yeah, you're trying too hard plane. See estate and bloodlines were not the stated purpose of your marriage, remember? For you it had something to do with baboons or lions and tigers. Anyway, there's a new baboon in your house.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
  My first marrage failed after 22 years of seriously trying hard to succeed, I may have been trying too hard then too.

But I did not loose an estate , nor did my bloodline end , so how are we in agreement that I failed?

Does your posit that estate and bloodline are paramount in marrage have a flaw?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »

The right repels gays, and gays repel the right, because the right seeks to impose religious morality on the civil code.

Is this improper?

Should we have never made the fifth commandment a civil law?

http://www.catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/lesson19.html

BSB

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »
Is the air getting thin up there? You didn't marry to protect an estate or your bloodline. You married for reasons known only to baboons.

BSB

BSB

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »
A little baboon speak here: "I am somewhat distressed at my effect on 3DHS, it is not supposed to be "king of the mountain" but I feel as if I am alone at its peak in spite of not wanting to be"

We'll return to this every now and than just to remind ourselves who is king.

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Is the air getting thin up there? You didn't marry to protect an estate or your bloodline. You married for reasons known only to baboons.

BSB

I married for reason beyond your ken ...

Apparently.

I see why you were reluctant to answer the origional question, but there is a lot of value in seeing your reluctance.

Now I am reluctant to let you know any further personal details of myself , cn ye ken that?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »
A little baboon speak here: "I am somewhat distressed at my effect on 3DHS, it is not supposed to be "king of the mountain" but I feel as if I am alone at its peak in spite of not wanting to be"

BSB

Fine with me , because this implys you will be a frequent contributor , and I shall not thereby remain unchallenged for so long.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

BSB

Hmmm......and who might that be?  God?  Obama?  Straypooch?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 02:02:48 PM »
Many people get married because it is simply the expected norm. It guarantees that women can fulfill her urge to be a mother, and perhaps in a lesser way, the man can fulfill his urge to be a father. Baboons and other primates are notoriously promiscuous and do not seem to be driven by parenthood. The man gains access,or thinks he will gain access, to an ample supply of poon.

I disagree that BSB knows the reasons for marriage for anyone other than himself. There is a sex drive and there is societal pressure, as well as the desire of parenthood,and surely many other reasons, and we all have a mixture of motives that is unique to us. 

The Bible mentions homosexuality in several places, but none of the ten commandments addresses it directly. Three of the ten address God and religious loyalties. I suspect that these were written by Moses or perhaps several  priests,and not actually dictated by God in his guise as flaming shrubbery.

I would not regard being married for 22 years as a failure. Before modern medicine, people died before being married for that long. Over the years, people change, and two people who were compatible at 20 will not always be compatible at 40 or 50 or 60,no matter what they do.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 02:05:38 PM »
Sorry Plane, but B's comments were well under the belt, IMHO

Thank you for being supportive , but BsB's refusal to answer that question is not without value.

Indeed.  I've spoken frequently at how silence speaks volumes...indeed, not without value

I miss Ganemede and Fatman too, but I am not sure I was good for them either.

You were, and would still be.  Your examples, shall I say, speak volumes
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
Many people get married because it is simply the expected norm. It guarantees that women can fulfill her urge to be a mother, and perhaps in a lesser way, the man can fulfill his urge to be a father. Baboons and other primates are notoriously promiscuous and do not seem to be driven by parenthood. The man gains access,or thinks he will gain access, to an ample supply of poon.

I disagree that BSB knows the reasons for marriage for anyone other than himself. There is a sex drive and there is societal pressure, as well as the desire of parenthood,and surely many other reasons, and we all have a mixture of motives that is unique to us. 

The Bible mentions homosexuality in several places, but none of the ten commandments addresses it directly. Three of the ten address God and religious loyalties. I suspect that these were written by Moses or perhaps several  priests,and not actually dictated by God in his guise as flaming shrubbery.

I would not regard being married for 22 years as a failure. Before modern medicine, people died before being married for that long. Over the years, people change, and two people who were compatible at 20 will not always be compatible at 40 or 50 or 60,no matter what they do.

Thanks , but I certainly fell short of my goals.

I agree with your answer in part , but do not underestimate the desire for parenthood in Lions and Babboons , they are not atomatons even though their behavior is strongly instinctive. They kill the nursery of their preceding male , to sooner have progeny.

Human beings have social orders to help cope with human nature , which is somewhat as you describe , but progeny of ours does not do well without long and carefull tending.
The social order needs those children to grow up , so it is encourageing men to stay where they have planted.

Untill recently.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
The social order needs those children to grow up , so it is encourageing men to stay where they have planted.

Untill recently.
======================================================
There are still many who encourage such behavior. What has happened is that birth control has made it possible for women to reject their previous roles as baby factories, and machinery and other devices have made labor less physical than previously. There was a good reason why women did not drive stagecoaches, stoke locomotives and pour steel in the 1800's: they were not strong enough. But they can easily drive a modern locomotive and manage a robot that pours steel. The work environment has become much less physical (at which men excel) and much more mental (at which both sexes can attain competence). So now women can be independent of husbands and job restrictions and earn their own keep. Until the 1900's, this was simply impossible for 99% of women.

Child rearing is perhaps better done by a couple, but capitalism (and any industrial economic system)  is more efficient when both the man and the woman work at something monetarily productive.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."