Author Topic: Newt's lost my support  (Read 10179 times)

BSB

Re: Newt's lost my support
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »
Ah, the turnpike reference was meant to be a joke, Mr. Wet Blanket.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »
Sirs, old Newt was a liberal

If that were true I am sure XO and many on the Left would vote for Newt.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »
Newt has always claimed to be a conservative, so far as I can remember. But whether he is or is not a "liberal" is far less important than the fact that he is a smartass. I have never thought of him as anything other than a smartass. He pretends to be a keeper of Great Truths, but all of his Great Truths are fictional.

He is not a member of the oligarchy, and he does not automatically suck up to the oligarchy, but when it looks like he needs to do so, he is quick to do so, as recently he decided that he didn't really dislike Ryan's stupid budget, after all.

He was right before he was wrong, but he proved once more that he is for sale.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
Ah, the turnpike reference was meant to be a joke, Mr. Wet Blanket.

BSB

Ahhh, I see.  Jokes are bad, but the name-calling and inability to back up your claims, are right as rain.  I guess its nice to be good at something, I suppose

Sirs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
He is not a member of the oligarchy, and he does not automatically suck up to the oligarchy,

So XO in your fantasy land of "oligarchy" to connect the dots so you
can demonize those you disagree with...is Obama a member or servant
of the "oligarchy"?

Lawrence Summers, director of the National Economic Council and Obama's top economic adviser,  pocketed $5 million as a managing director of D.E. Shaw, one of the biggest hedge funds in the world, and another $2.7 million for speeches delivered to Wall Street firms that have received government bailout money. This includes $45,000 from Citigroup and $67,500 each from JPMorgan Chase and the now-liquidated Lehman Brothers. For a speech to Goldman Sachs executives, Summers walked away with $135,000.

Michael Froman, Obama's deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs, worked for Citigroup and received more than $7.4 million from the bank from January of 2008 until he entered the Obama administration this year. This included a $2.25 million year-end
bonus handed him this past January, within weeks of his joining the Obama administration.

Neal Wolin, Obama's selection for deputy counsel to the president for economic policy,
is a top executive at the insurance giant Hartford Financial Services, where his salary was
$4.5 million.

Obama's National Economic Council Chair Gene Sperling earned nearly $1 million from Goldman Sachs in 2008.

Obama's White House Chief of Staff William Daley was an executive at JPMorgan Chase,
the investment bank that received a $12 billion bailout during the financial crisis.

Obama former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel in a short stint out of politics, earned a reported $16.2 million working in investment banking for Wasserstein Perella, now part of Dresdner Kleinwort. (Remarkably, he earned that $16.2 million in just two-and-a-half years at the firm.) He also sat on Freddie Mac's board, making a total of $320,000 from the mortgage finance company.

Jacob Lew, the head of the Obama Office of Management and Budget worked at Citigroup.
As chief operating officer of the unit, which benefited handsomely from betting correctly on the collapse of the housing bubble, Lew reportedly made $1.1 million, possibly not including bonus income.

The chairman of Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness -- also the CEO billion-dollar General Electric  -- paid no corporate taxes in 2010. (but we all know big oil are the bad guys)
General Electric, led by Obama appointee Jeffrey R. Immelt, reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion last year -- with $5.1 billion coming from U.S. operations -- but had no American tax bill, and claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion.

the list goes on and on....

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »
ouch
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Saying that the Democrats sometimes grant favors to the oligarchy in no way negates the fact that the Republicans do this ALL THE TIME.

There is no ouch.

Given a choice between partial and total sucking up, I will choose partial every time.
You do not know the difference.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
LOL....speaking of "total sucking up".  Ouch

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
Saying that the Democrats sometimes grant favors to the oligarchy

i guess 2008 was a "sometimes".....money, money, money, money......lol

(OpenSecrets)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
ouch

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2011, 02:52:03 PM »
SIRS....notice how XO failed to answer my direct question
"is Obama a member or servant of the "oligarchy"?

But I guess Cornel West, a Princeton University professor and
leading black intellectual, is harshly criticizing President Obama,
a candidate he once supported but now calls "a black mascot
of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats
."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2011/05/west_obama_a_bl.html

ps: ya think Dr. Cornel West is a racist to attack Obama?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
Pretty much everything Obama touches is rationalized in a good way, with folks like Xo.  If its something bad, its Bush's fault, and/or the Oligarchy, and/or Republicans, "the Rich", and/or Jews/Israel, etc. 

If its something good, its 100% Obama.  Though not much good out there for him to grab onto, which is why you had this insidious effort to make the killing of bin Laden all Obama's say so and "go".  Ignore all the facts and reality that led to his killing, like the waterboarding, the intel we gathered from Iraq & Gitmo, etc.  It was a "plethora of intel" and Obama got him, Bush didn't, end of story.  As I said, quite the example of "total sukcing up"

Comical, if it wasn't so transparent

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 04:22:12 PM »
Claiming that shutting down Planned Parenthood in order to decrease the budget or to take away union collective bargaining rights for the same reason is clearly "rightwing social engineering",and it has ticked a lot of people off. Gingrich was right to attack Ryan's proposals as being worthless, because they will never be passed, and are both worthless and hateful as well as "rightwing social engineering".

But the GOP is ruled by assholes, and Gingrich is an asshole who always must say everything in the most inflammatory way possible,and the result is what we see now.

The GOP and Newt deserve each other.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
Claiming that shutting down Planned Parenthood in order to decrease the budget or to take away union collective bargaining rights for the same reason is clearly "rightwing social engineering",and it has ticked a lot of people off. Gingrich was right to attack Ryan's proposals as being worthless, because they will never be passed, and are both worthless and hateful as well as "rightwing social engineering".

I'm not so sure Ryan led the charge on the Planned Parenthood issue. I think he focused more on the big picture.