Author Topic: Hillary's Core Constituency  (Read 8486 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary's Core Constituency
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »
The Republican donors are the coal, oil and gas bazillionaires, along with cattle and timber barons and others who oppose tighter clean air and water standards and who want to use public lands for their own gain.

What are the billionaires like who prefer Democrats?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 02:00:18 AM »
It is not about voting foe Democrats. It is about preventing Republican'ts from winning.

And as you just reinforced, that your argument is that of the base democrat.  That's NOT the constituency I'm referring to.  That line of campaigning isn't going to win over the moderate looking for a transcending form of politician, or a fence sitter looking for some injection of honesty and credibility in a candidate.  That's only going to work for the cool-aide drinking liberal democrat voter

It is the Kochs who publicly declared that they intended to spend 900 million on this election.

And in what way does that refute the millions upon millions that Hillary has been getting, from uber rich donors to foreign governments??  Hmmmmmm?

Hillary is not wearing jailbird clothes except in your warped and twisted tiny mind.

And pray tell, where did I ever claim she was??  I think I went above and beyond to make it painfully clear that my pinstripe reference wasn't any form of specific claim to be applied to Hillary, merely a hypothetical, that could be applied to any candidate with a (D) after their name
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
That line of campaigning isn't going to win over the moderate looking for a transcending form of politician, or a fence sitter looking for some injection of honesty and credibility in a candidate.  That's only going to work for the cool-aide drinking liberal democrat voter

============================================
Now I am campaigning?  No, you silly goose, I am not campaigning.

You should be investigating the Core Constituency of the Republican Party as well, in keeping with your desire for symmetry.

I am not even sure what is meany by "Core Constituency".  Do you mean the typical members of the campaign staff?  The "average" Clinton voter, whom you seek to ridicule for being ignorant and misguided? 

With only two parties in a nation of 330 million and the ability of any candidate to receive virtually unlimited sums of money from corporations and individuals, what we have in the country is hardly a democracy at all. 

The ultra right likes to say that what we have is a "republic" and that is certainly true, as the basic definition of a republic is a government led by someone other than a hereditary monarch. By that definition, Russia, Moldova, Myanmar, Nepal, Iceland, Iran, Yemen, Somalia, Paraguay and the US are all Republics, while Sweden, the UK, the Netherlands, Tonga, and perhaps Canada and Australia are not.

I am in favor of more democracy and a greater ability of the people to select their leaders than they currently have.  The stupid Electoral College should be abolished, because it is anti-democratic. This is a nation of human beings, not acreage. DC and the territories, including Puerto Rico should be allowed representation in Congress.  Corporations should not be allowed to contribute diddly. The election campaign period should be limited in the amount spent as well as the duration of the campaign.

I do not give a damn if I am part of Hillary's Core Constituency or not. It would make no difference to me either way.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:40:53 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »
I do not give a damn if I am part of Hillary's Core Constituency or not. It would make no difference to me either way.

This probably means that you are not .

You can imagine a better ,or perhaps you know, a better Democrat , someone that would represent you better and perhaps be a more effective president.

She might still get your vote , but not because you idealize her, you just like the alternatives you are being offered somewhat less.

There must be some people who really think that the country can't do better than Hillary, but I am not seeing such people.

Could be the circles I travel in.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 08:35:15 PM »
I prefer Bernie Sanders. He did not vote to invade Iraq and Hillary did.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »
I prefer Bernie Sanders. He did not vote to invade Iraq and Hillary did.

That is interesting.

So what is it that makes Hillary get the status of front runner?

I need to learn more about Bernie Sanders so we can discuss him for his own merit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 02:18:44 AM »
That line of campaigning isn't going to win over the moderate looking for a transcending form of politician, or a fence sitter looking for some injection of honesty and credibility in a candidate.  That's only going to work for the cool-aide drinking liberal democrat voter

============================================
Now I am campaigning?  No, you silly goose, I am not campaigning.

The never ending efforts to argue points never made never ceases to amaze, and the professor now pulls out his literal card tactic.  News flash, linguistics professor.....if you were to actually read what's been said, in context, you'd note I never claimed you, specifically, were campaigning, oh deflection master.  I merely point our your lind of who you'd support is consistent with the hard core liberal base, who support anyone with a (D) after their name

You should be investigating the Core Constituency of the Republican Party as well, in keeping with your desire for symmetry.

And here's effort #2 at deflection.....this bizarre use of symmetry.  I have no "desire" for symmetry.  I merely point how bias and hypocrisy, especially when its so transparent.  That doesn't equate to me advocating an equal level of hypocrisy or MSM bias for conservative issues.  That'd be strike 2.  Could there be a strike 3?

I am not even sure what is meany by "Core Constituency".

Now, that's a legitimate question.  So, removing the knee jerk snark associated with it, the Core Constituency is the Democrat base......the cool-aide drinkers, who would support her, even if she were being indicted on Federal charges.  Outside of that, she has no serious voting block, that Obama had the luxury of having 

I am in favor of more democracy and a greater ability of the people to select their leaders than they currently have.  The stupid Electoral College should be abolished, because it is anti-democratic. This is a nation of human beings, not acreage. DC and the territories, including Puerto Rico should be allowed representation in Congress.  Corporations should not be allowed to contribute diddly. The election campaign period should be limited in the amount spent as well as the duration of the campaign.

Ummm....ok....feel better now?  None of that has anything to do with the point of the thread, but nice to know you got all that off your chest.  One think I don't favor, and would never support, is mob rule.  Thank God the founders of this country had that in mind as well, and formed a representative Republic, that answers to everyone....not just the heavy urbanized regions....or leftist elitists who think they know better

Oh, rest assured, you most certainly are.  But that's kind of a given, given your hard core left track record
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 09:38:37 AM »
Let's examine the past three Republican Presidential Nominees:

Mitt Romney: son of millionaire: born rich, got richer.
John McCain: married into a huge fortune.
Juniorbush: Born rich, failed to make self much richer, but still rich.

Why should the average middle class American vote for these people? What could he possibly have in common with any of them?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 10:35:15 AM »
Getting back to the crux of the thread, let's examine the current Presumptive Democrat Presidential nominee

- Despite initial claims of "being broke", receives millions for merely speaking
- Has a personal foundation that can launder millions more money from any source, in any amount, and has demonstrated, will break whatever campaign finance laws are on the books or agreements she signed to try & hide any such mandated disclosures
- An entrenched Politician, completely disconnected from modern everyday functions, they rest of us perform on a daily basis
- Expects us to believe that she didn't delete any e-mail, not to mention taking the extra step to wipe her sever, that didn't point to any quid-pro-quo arrangement

We won't even bring up her stellar incompetence as our SoS

So....why should the average middle class American vote for her? What could she possibly have in common with any of them?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »
Hillary did quite well as Secretary of State. She resurrected the status of this country among the Europeans and Japan, which was  at its worst under Juniorbush, and she did not get us into any wars. Her critics wanted more wars, more invasions and more useless flexing of military might when everyone knew that it would just be posturing (as in Ukraine).  This country was at its all time low point because of the stupid and useless Iraq invasion. Note that Afghanistan could have had a civil war over the last elections, but now the problematical Karzai is gone and the two contenders seem to be cooperating quite well. And, before you blather on about it, no one gives a shit about Benghazi except you and other Friends of Fox.

Hillary knows infinitely more about foreign policy than you do. Most of what you know is simply untrue. There is nothing but warped information emanating from the Planet sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 02:26:48 PM »
Hillary did quite well as Secretary of State.

In a land of alternate reality, perhaps....where up is down, left is right, and good is evil.  Flying from country to country on the tax payer's dime, without crashing isn't doing "quite well", as a parameter for functioning as our SoS    ::)

She resurrected the status of this country among the Europeans and Japan, which was  at its worst under Juniorbush

While that's debatable, she has completely alieanted the status of this country, with nearly every one of our middle east allies, not to mention no one will forget the proverbial & massive "reset" failure with Russia     :o

....and she did not get us into any wars

NO Secretary of State gets us into any wars.  That's the President's call, not hers    ::)

And, before you blather on about it, no one gives a shit about Benghazi except you and other Friends of Fox.

LOL...priceless.  So, before we can discuss her pinnacle of incompotence, we're not to talk about it.

Hillary knows infinitely more about foreign policy than you do.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with her gross incompotence as our head of Foreign Policy & acute lack of actual "accomplishments" as SoS

Most of what you know is simply untrue. 

Like what, specfically?  Examples would be nice.  Not your opinion, but actual facts that refute what I supposedly know to be true

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 02:41:37 PM »
I find your statements that Hillary has been a poor Secretary of State to be inaccurate and wrong.

At least Hillary has admitted that allowing Juniorbush to invade Iraq was a mistake. You, being less mentally acute, maintain the contrary.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:53 PM »
I find your statements that Hillary has been a poor Secretary of State to be inaccurate and wrong.

That's an opinion, that unfortunately isn't backed up by any facts.  Quite the opposite in fact

At least Hillary has admitted that allowing Juniorbush to invade Iraq was a mistake. You, being less mentally acute, maintain the contrary.

She's welcome to her opinion.....as wrong as it is, just as you are.  Still doesn't refute the track record of facts that demonstrate how utterly incompotent she was in acting as our SoS

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 09:42:01 PM »
  If her staff can't list her achievements and skills why should we expect anyone to know them.

Is marrying well a skill?

If it is ,...

Bill must have been elected on that skill.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »
Who said her staff was asked to list her accomplishments?  That LinkedIn nonsense was not required.