Author Topic: Umpqua Community College  (Read 24334 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Umpqua Community College
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »
Olive Garden is within its rights to ask the officer to take the gun elsewhere. It is rather stupid of of the restaurant to do this, as a uniformed policeman is clearly no threat to people eating pasta and pizza. Like the kid with a gun on his shirt, this is excessive.

If the kid were shouting that "I got a gun like this, and I'm gonna come back and KILL you with it!" or if the cop were waving his gun about, that would be a different situation. Armed police eating pizza or pasta are no threat to anyone.

I recall a liquor store in Rhode Island where I had to show my ID to prove I was old enough to buy beer. They made everyone show ID, regardless of age. I did, because it was no big deal, but it was stupid, as I rarely have to even ask for a Senior discount.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
Armed police eating pizza or pasta are no threat to anyone.

Why would you think that?  You've made many a mention about how out of control police officers can get.  And having a gun apparently makes people do crazy and reckless acts, that they wouldn't otherwise do.  You're not being very consistent
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
This particular cop was not out of control.
Most cops are not out of control most of the time, and cops being armed does not bother me.

The cops that killed the guy in Baltimore and the other cops that killed the guy IN NYC who was peddling single cigarettes were out of line, but they did not use their guns.
What I oppose is cops shooting unarmed people when they are not threatened, like the guy in North Charleston.

It may seem inconsistent to you, because you lack reasoning skills, as we see daily. But it isn't.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »

But he had a gun.  And as we've all been led to believe, simply having a gun can cause people to be overtly reckless.  And this was a police officer on top of that.  I mean, that's a receipe for mass carnage
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

Can you wait for an officer to be out of control before you insist he leave or disarm?

If you are going to disarm the police it should be while they are in their law abiding mode and with proper authority.

The Police have always been major contributors to the death by firearm statistics.

It would seem the easiest and fastest means to reduce the death by firearm stat would be to disarm the police.

If this does not seem logical to you , this might because you have seldom seem the reduction to absurdity.

Perfect consistency, with no exceptions made , often spirals into absurdity.

But from the point of view of my faction, absurdity starts sooner on this track than you might recognize it.

Where such records are kept , the holders of Concealed Carry Permits  generally have fewer complaints of abuse against them and fewer crimes overall than the police in the same region.

So by our logic it is counterproductive to disarm the well behaved.

The opposition presents a harder to comprehend idea that every gun fewer , no matter who it is taken from , reduces the potential for mayhem. This is even carried into the far future when all of the presently responsibly owned and used  guns will have been left in wills and estate sales, presumably to less responsible generations.

But the staff of that Olive Garden was behaving as if the gun itself was a problem, and that it was carried by a policeman made no difference. Perfect consistency makes no exceptions and opens the window of absurdity.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2015, 08:40:42 AM »
I am all for cops being armed in restaurants. I am against clowns with open carry permits doing the same. They have taken no vows to protect anyone, they are nutballs and jerks who feel so impotent they have to run around armed to tell the world they are Big Swinging Dicks.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
With your ongoing condemnation of Police actions, you make no sense.  Unless they're sitting down and eating, its ok for them to be armed??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2015, 01:43:33 PM »
You are incapable of rational comment.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:03 PM »
You are incapable of rational comment.

Said the pot to the kettle.  Couldn't get around that one

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »
No one is going to overthrow the government of this country with handguns.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:16 PM »
And who the hell ever claimed that was going or could happen??  We weren't arming folks with simple "handguns"      ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
No pone is going to overthrow the government with any sort of gun that a civilian can purchase without a special permit. The Army has all manner of devices that could disable any sort of civilian uprising with little or no loss of life. eat weapons, sonic weapons, nighty-night gas. I am commenting on the yellow message posted above.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »
No pone is going to overthrow the government with any sort of gun that a civilian can purchase without a special permit. The Army has all manner of devices that could disable any sort of civilian uprising with little or no loss of life. eat weapons, sonic weapons, nighty-night gas. I am commenting on the yellow message posted above.

This simply means that the Second amendment needs better enforcement.

When the second amendment was written it helped ensure continued parity between the armed population and the lesser armed US Army.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987