Author Topic: Toldya...trade in one bad guy for another...and it was gonna be so great! Ha!  (Read 5043 times)

BSB

The idea is to work with these people not just pigion hole, or label, them and walk away.

BSB

The New York Times
Monday, November 26, 2012 -- 3:16 PM EST
-----

Egypt’s President Said to Limit Scope of Judicial Decree in Deal With Courts

President Mohamed Morsi agreed Monday to scale back a sweeping decree he had issued last week that raised his edicts above any judicial review, according to a report by a television network allied with his party.

The agreement, reached with top judicial authorities, would leave most of Mr. Morsi’s actions subject to review by the courts, but preserve a crucial power: protecting the constitutional council from being dissolved by the courts before it finishes its work.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/world/middleeast/egypts-president-said-to-limit-scope-of-judicial-decree.html?emc=na

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That looks like good news , and perhaps we shold be supporting this process passively.

That the finished product is Egyptian made is important for having Egyptians accept it.

That the US be supportive is important because of the widespread opinion that the Mubarak regime was a sept of the US.

What a difficult balance! We stand a good chance of seeing good government emerge in Egypt for the first time since government was invented in Egypt, we also stand a good chance of paying a lot of money into a process that disolves into chaos and having a lot of hate return from all that money.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It is stupid to claim that President Obama appointed Morsi and that Morsi is an evil Muslim enemy. It hardly matters what "Christians" told anyone, since for him the only good Muslim is a bad Muslim that can be bought off, like Mubarak.

Mubarak was just like the Shah: a dying man with no chance of remaining in power who would have required a lot more force and many more deaths to remove had the US not told him to step down. Had President Obama not done this, the result would have been bloodier and the resulting replacement would have been someone that would have been far worse than Morsi.

President Obama has handled this quite well, as well as could have been expected.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
since for him the only good Muslim is a bad Muslim that can be bought off, like Mubarak.

of course then there are actual facts...actual reality.
as I posted yesterday a story about a brave Muslim fighting IslamoNazis!
two of my best employees that I hired are Muslims.
i am going to Vegas with a Muslim in Feb or March
does reality even exist for some? are they lying?
or just making up what they want to think? are they delusional?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Then you should be more tolerant toward Morsi. If you were in his shoes, you would probably see things differently.

BSB

Try the "some of my best friends are black" act more often CU4homosexuals. Maybe we wouldn't be so hard on you. Maybe.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So, if I'm understanding the point being made here......because Cu4 happens to have a conservative ideology, he's not supposed to have any blacks or gays or Muslims as friends?  Is that how it works?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

No, I'm very, very, sorry, but you didn't get the point. Read my post again. If you still don't get it, sit in the corner with a dunce hat on, but only if you'd like.

BSB
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:22:18 PM by BSB »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Oooo, such a shining example of how to debate.  So, how does it work?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
"Christians" can go to Vegas with Muslims, Jews, Jains, Mormons, Tantric Buddhists or Two-Seed-in-the Spirit Predestinarian Baptists if he wishes. I just find his dumping on Morsi and blaming President Obama for Morsi's election to be more than a tad grotesque.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
If I'm reading things right, as in logically,  I don't think Cu4 is claiming that Obama directly got the latest Muslim dictator placed into power.  More along the lines that Obama's inaction & piss-poor judgement, as it relates to foreign policy, in helping to facilitate the removal of a largely Ameirican allie, allowing for an even worse dictatorial outcome

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Mubarak was certainly worse than Morsi for most Egyptians. More importantly, Mubarak never won a fair election,and Morsi did. Plus, defending ancient Mubarak was just plain stupid, he was doomed.

It would have been a major error for the US president to try to keep Mubarak in office. President Obama didprecisely the right thing. Of course, he did not put Morsi in office, nor should any US president be able to do so, any more than some Egyptian president should put a US president in office and support him.

The possibility of Egypt electing a pro-Zionist president is minuscule. Egyptians main concern at the moment is not Palestine, Gaza or Israel, though, but to  for the Egyptian economy to improve.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Because a fella claiming he should have Pharaoh-like control is so much.......better for most Egyptians       :o       But at lease we can despense with the notion that Cu4 was claiming Obama directly put in place the latest Egyptian dictator

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Again, it is best to see what happens after the new constitution is in place.

Morsi seems to be backing down,and some of those judges are Mubarak appointees. Americans do not understand Egypt or Egyptians all that well, and seeing everything in black and white terms is hardly going to result in any serious understanding.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
It would have been a major error for the US president to try to keep Mubarak in office. President Obama didprecisely the right thing. Of course, he did not put Morsi in office, nor should any US president be able to do so, any more than some Egyptian president should put a US president in office and support him.

It's not nearly as "black and white" as you pretend or really just do not undertsand.
The US should and does....yes even Saint Obama...push American interests in these scenarios.
The US can not "not be involved" and just allow our enemies to influence situations.
Iran is trying to influence who runs Syria....
why should they, China, and Russia be the only one that have influence?
And we should sit by and allow only our enemies/competition to influence who runs countries?
You pretend "we shouldn't be involved" in picking other countries leaders...

But you had no problem with the US (Obama) basically making the decision Khadfi would
not lead the people of Libya any longer. We and our allies made that decision for Libyans.
I am sure there were Libyans that wanted to be able to choose Khadfi, but we (Obama)
did not allow them that choice.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987