Author Topic: wow -talk about cruel  (Read 1005 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
wow -talk about cruel
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:29:07 AM »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/21882976/?GT1=10547

it`s onething if teenagers did this stuff(which is still bad)
but parents did this

now a girl is dead

damn
at least teenagers has the excuse they`re too young to know better
I might be the wrong guy to talk
I never like practical jokes
as a man who drinks I`ve seen way too many jokes go bad.
strangely us macho idiots don`t learn from them
I`m being nice by saying idiots

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: wow -talk about cruel
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:31:24 AM »
Everything surrounding this episode is beyond sad....
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
She was a minor and they were fucking with her head.  Fraudulently IMHO.  With malice.  I hope Megan's family gets a good lawyer and takes those ass-holes for every cent they've got and every cent they ever will have for the rest of their lives.  I find it hard to believe there's no criminality involved either.  I hope Megan's folks are not just dicking around but looking for the best lawyers they can find.  Not that any of it will bring Megan back.  This is one of the worst stories I've read in years.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
this is literally a brand spanking new kind of crime
so their is no law for it til now
the closest thing I can think is a cheerleader moms hiring a hitman on her daughters competition.
mind games on-line is unheard of
if you think about it
regular mindgames is hardly thought of as illegal.
the sick part is I know alot pf people think cruel joke are ok to do no matter how many people get hurt
remember that parent that did this thought it`s just but not worth going further on it.
a child died and she actually thought she can tell the mom to stop doing anything.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »
Grissom: The truth is, a moral compass can only point you in the right direction, it can't make you go there. (beat) Our culture preaches that you shouldn't be ashamed of anything you do anymore.

http://www.tv.com/csi/fannysmackin/episode/844190/summary.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 11:04:09 PM »
OK, BT, I went to your link. 

Your point is that people get away with horrible anti-social acts because "our culture" preaches that shame is bad?

I think that there are two schools of thought on this. 

One being that whatever influence that feel-good, New Age pop psychology has over these punks is dwarfed by the culture of death and violence that they are immersed in, from video games based on wars and violence from every era, to the cult of militarism which makes heroes out of trained killers.  Or that as the socioeconomic losers in Capitalism's Race for the Top Spot, they have a lot of anger and resentment spilling out of their last-place finish and only one way to express it.  (Although THAT motive was defused by making one of the punks a "college student.")    Bottom line, I don't see any of these punks immersed in "I'm OK, You're OK" but I DO see them spending endless hours over Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat, etc.  They were probably raised on endless loops of RAMBO or similar filmic glorifications of violence.

The other school is that these punks are just punks and a natural occurrence in any big city where people fall into a spectrum of good to evil, in any large group there has to be somebody who ranks highest in goodness and somebody else who ranks lowest.  These guys are probably the bottom one-tenth of one per cent.  In any decent society, China, for example, or the former U.S.S.R., they'd probably have been taken out somewhere and shot long before they got to the stage where they now seem to be.  Or maybe put to work somewhere where their useless existence can be turned to the public good without allowing them any chance of ever again endangering public health and welfare.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:44:23 AM »
ok again with a twist
at least the teenagers has video games to blame for thier stupidity
but the parents has no excuse
the mom made the fake myspace to hook the girl and had people pretend to be the dream boyfriend.
and end it with a stream of insults
and I maybe wronng I think the article stated no apology was made
if true than the girls death was only worth only a minor amount of sorrow
unless the no apology is a legal defense
I have no idea how that works

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »
<<at least the teenagers has video games to blame for thier stupidity>>

Well, it probably goes deeper.  Why were these mindless punks spending all that time on video games?  Couldn't they be reading a good book?  Trying to write programs for a computer?  Doing something constructive and/or intelligent?  Using their pea-sized brains?  Somewhere in their development, a large vacuum was allowed to develop between their ears. 

I blame the parents, the government, the media and anyone else who had a hand in their development.  I blame the kids too, but in reality, they never had a chance, given that they were surrounded by adults who failed them.  So I don't blame them as much.  Nevertheless and regardless of whose fault it is that they are what they are, they're basically beyond redemption and in a saner society than ours, they'd be put out of their misery pretty quickly.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 02:32:21 AM »
Actions have consequences, unless the don't. And they usually don't when blame is placed on everyone else buy the actor.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
<<Actions have consequences, unless the don't. And they usually don't when blame is placed on everyone else buy the actor.>>

If you'll notice, I INCLUDED the actors.  But that doesn't excuse the adult society that failed them either.  These kids had no decent examples and no guidance that wasn't totally perverted.  Moral education IS important.  When my kids were little, I got them kids' biographies of Martin Luther King, Louis Pasteur, Heinrich Schliemann, Sir Frederick Banting and others and made sure we not only learned about their lives but we discussed what was admirable about them. 

I would expect that these kids who went out "ass-kicking" had parental guidance ranging from zero to minus one thousand and the schools and public health authorities were virtually powerless to rectify the situation.  Your society has set its priorities, and raising kids is not one of them.  If they fall through the cracks, they fall through the cracks.