Author Topic: War Predictions for 2011  (Read 6231 times)

bsb

Re: War Predictions for 2011
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »
I didn't go above and beyond anything. What I posted is no more or less absolute then what Plane posts on the subject. If you can't take the heat...........

bsb

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
Apparently B has no intention of any serious commentary.  I'd advise the patrons to ignore further comments of his, in this thread.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

bsb

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »
No one knows, sirs, when and where total war is going to brake out. They can guess, but no one knows. You just have wait and see and then make your move accordingly.

bsb

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »
Apparently B has no intention of any serious commentary.  I'd advise the patrons to ignore further comments of his, in this thread.

Who died and made you a moderator?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
Apparently neither does BT wish to provide any serious comments to the thread.  (FYI, advise is merely that.  Moderators mandate a process.  As boss, i'd think you'd know the difference.) 

I'm guessing you're having an increasing dislike to my postings, Bt.  Been noting that trend since the Mosque debacle, and now we see this response to mine, which was simply an effort to generate a more serious discussion of war, than to entertain some invasion of Canada.  If you wish, I'll step out, and allow a less.......whatever problem element, maintain the level of debate you're wishing to facilitate
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

bsb

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
Considering that you went after me for posts to/with plane on the origin of right from wrong, good vs evil, etc., why is it you didn't reply to post #15, sirs?

bsb   

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:04 PM »
My point was that if you want to ignore BSB's posts, that's on you. It certainly won't speak volumes.

To advise others to ignore his posts, implies that they don't have the wherewithal to determine their own involvement, and i find it sad that you hold them in such contempt.  

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »
The "advise" was largely & hopefully help steer BsB to make a more substantive attempt to debate the issue.....which he actually did.  It had little to do with me thinking other posters couldn't grasp the issue themselves, or respond accordingly

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
Considering that you went after me for posts to/with plane on the origin of right from wrong, good vs evil, etc., why is it you didn't reply to post #15, sirs?

Saw no need to.  Point was already made

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
Right. The best way to get BSB to respond in a fashion to your liking is to urge other posters to ignore him?

I'm sure to someone that makes sense. Just not me.

bsb

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »
Most wars are fought on the basis of how the weapons a particular Army has, and the kind of training that Armies officers and NCOs have gotten, can be used(1). Preparing for a particular war, in a particular way, using a particular kind of force, with particular kinds of weapons, can leed to failure once a war surfaces because rarely does it turn out to be the war you expected. It's an age old problem. Rumsfeld fell headlong into that problem. It was far from being his fault alone though. The United States military has been shackled to, and by, conventional warfare thinking, and weapons procurements, ever since WWII. Consequently that's the filter through which they see the worlds trouble spots.

(1)No better example of this can be found then Pakistan's Army. Everything Pakistan's Army, and intelligence service, does is based on a projected war with India. The way they have handled the Taliban is based on a confrontation with India. The diplomatic langue they use during public conversations with us is for Pakistani consumption and based on protecting the use of their forces for the expected confrontation with India. That's all Pakistan's military and secret intelligence service is for, and nothing else. They could give a flying bleep about us, except for our money. That's what Richard Holbrooke was up against. Well, that's who he had in one corner. In the other corner is a crooked nut-job who spends most of his time off his meds.

bsb, Have Gun Will Travel

p.s. In case someone couldn't figure it out, the civil war reference was a joke.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »
Right. The best way to get BSB to respond in a fashion to your liking is to urge other posters to ignore him?

Amazing how "advise" now has become "urged", how substantive/serious debate is merely "my liking" (here I thought it was to everyone's liking....my bad) and that despite my indication that my post was directed more for B, that Bt wants to ignore what I've said about how my post has little to do with me thinking that other posters can't respond accordingly, and imply otherwise.  And to top it off, B's generating some substantive posts following this whole "advise" posting.  Can't have that now, since it's "to my liking"

What was that misrepre........word again?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 07:16:03 PM »
Amazing how "advise" now has become "urged",

In the context you used it it is synomynous, though the term advise in that context is usually more authoritative.

For example a cop advising you not to drink and drive seems to carry more weight than a Public Service Advertisement urging you not to drink and drive.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
Jeezzzz sometimes SIRS I dont know how you put up with it....I really dont....lol
You try and start a serious thread.
Some halfwit responds with crap about the North invading the South.
You try to get the debate back on track away from the insults/crap from resident angry halfwit
And then i cant believe my eyes.....BT comes after you!
Ha.....OMG.....is this crazy or what!

Hey it's new year's eve SIRS...maybe they are both already drinking EggNog.

But I was already ahead of you SIRS....
I pretty much ignore all his anger anyway....
The guy is either a drunk or some angry yankee or maybe both.
Happy New Years SIRS....we haven't always agreed....but you're one of the good ones!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »
Hey it's new year's eve SIRS...maybe their both already drinking EggNog.

Don't drink. Haven't in 20 years.