Author Topic: Tebow  (Read 4112 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tebow
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »
Yes, that is what I said. That is from the perspective of the spectator wishing to see the clobbering. All boxing spectators come with the express purpose of seeing someone clobbered. In the case of spectators who thought of Ali as an uppity Negro, tyhat was precisely the thought that was on their mind, as perceived by me.

I am capable of seeing things from the perspective of others.

If you do not like it, just shove it sirs, your phony outrage is disgusting.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »
Except for curling, which  I find amusing on occasion, and shown too rarely here in Miami to bore me.

Curling is a great game, which I only recently learned to appreciate. Pretty much every crappy little town in Minnesota has a curling team. There is a lot of planning and strategy in the game; I've heard it described as "slow motion chess on ice". ;-)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
Yes, that is what I said. That is from the perspective of the spectator wishing to see the clobbering. All boxing spectators come with the express purpose of seeing someone clobbered.

Yea, but you went above and beyond, apparently not only a representative of the black man, now you're a representaive of pretty much every boxing spectator, who goes, NOT to root for one person over another, like in football, but to "watch some uppity Negro get clobbered"

Can't get too much more racist than that

In the case of spectators who thought of Ali as an uppity Negro, tyhat was precisely the thought that was on their mind, as perceived by me.

Boy the things I could conclude about you as "perceived by me".  Would that make them accurate, then??

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:25:52 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »
Hardly, your mind is warped, stuffed with false information and your reasoning is defective.

I suppose you are going to tell me that there were not a lot of racists who wanted to see Ali clobbered. Ali deliberately provoked them just to get them to buy tickets and increase the gate.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
Hardly, your mind is warped, stuffed with false information and your reasoning is defective.

And yet again, the irony of such a proclaimation.  Were you looking at a reflection in your monitor, as you uttered those non-substantive, 3rd grade insults?

I suppose you are going to tell me that there were not a lot of racists who wanted to see Ali clobbered.

"A lot"??  Define "a lot", as that is a vague as one can get.  Folks that went?, all those folks that watched TV?, folks that just hated blacks??  There were likely racists that wanted to see Ali and other blacks "get clobbered".  But that's kind of a given, for a racist.  You went above and beyond painting spectators in general as wanting to "watch some uppity Negro get clobbered".  That's why they supposedly went, according to you and your unsubstantiated perceptions

I guess we can classify those perceptions as "hardly accurate" as well

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
I seems pretty clear to me that there were a LOT of White people that wanted to see Ali get clobbered. I was there, I heard this desire expressed many times. I did not take a count, however. And as a rule, they did not describe Ali as an "uppity Negro". The word 'Negro', by the way, was in common usage by everyone in those days.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
As I said, I guess we can classify those perceptions as "hardly accurate" as well, since I've seen plenty of white people that wanted to see Tommy Morrison "get clobbered".  Not to mention, who of those "white folks" were wanting to see Ali get clobbered, simply because he was black, and not because of a bet they may have had on his opponent, or were merely rooting for his opponent??

Who was his opponent?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:09:46 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
Not to mention, who of those "white folks" were wanting to see Ali get clobbered, simply because he was black, and not because of a bet they may have had on his opponent, or were merely rooting for his opponent??

Who was his opponent?
================================
As I recall, most of his opponents were other Black boxers. But they were less uppity, or "knew their place", according to those who wanted to see Ali clobbered. \
\
Boxing is one sport that seems guaranteed to make those who practice it inarticulate. I feel sorry for Ali, who can barely speak intelligibly, as a result of getting so many concussions in all those fights. Football players seem to have a similar problem. It seems foolish to destroy athletes (or anyone) for idle amusement and something to bet on. Gamblers could bet on jumping frogs or cockroaches or flip coins, after all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
IIRC it's Parkinsons that makes his speech so unintelligible & his movements so impaired, and has prescious little to do with the clobbering he took, and those who "watched that uppity Negro get clobbered"

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
SIRS....my favorite boxers were all black.
Ali, Larry Holmes, and Roy Jones Jr
I remember being nervous as a cat when Holmes fought Gerry Cooney.
I suppose there are white and black racists that may cheer against
another race out of hatred, but I also think sometimes people can
cheer for their own race not so much out of racism but because
they can on some levels relate to their own race better & maybe
even have some kind of vision of "that could be me".   
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
SIRS....my favorite boxers were all black.

Well, that definately makes you a racist.....at least in the left's eyes.  Because of course, you're hiding your inheirent racism and stealth advocation of racist policies by showcasing your support of some "black men".  Wasn't that was support for Cain all about?  The Tea party?  Now come on....fess up      ;)

...I also think sometimes people can cheer for their own race not so much out of racism but becausethey can on some levels relate to their own race better & maybe even have some kind of vision of "that could be be me".

See?  You're proving Xo's point.  Racist       ;)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:56 PM »
   Jack Johnson had a lot more of this trouble than Mohammed Ali ever did , but it would be wrong to call it absent or unimportant.

Didn't Ali get a lot of love ?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2011, 07:22:24 PM »
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/comedian-takes-heat-over-tim-tebow-tweet

Tebow has a bad day , Maher crows about it.
Well, it is what he does .
Why get whiney about it?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2011, 07:26:48 PM »
Anti-theists are such a bore.

Did you know Coulter used to date Maher?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »
Anti-theists are such a bore.

Did you know Coulter used to date Maher?

No I didn't!

Soulds like a made for TV movie.

Their jobs are quite simular, I wonder what they talk about.

Maybe they avoid talking about work.