Author Topic: The Melting Pot  (Read 9760 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Melting Pot
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »

Willingness. Apparently discussion is rare to this board after all these years.

I explained my position. I did it at least twice. Obviously I'm more than willing to discuss. Judgmental questions apparently intended to show that I'm ignorant with no idea where to go is not discussion.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »

I disagree UP is generous with his thoughts , but he resists giveing them up on any but his own terms.

Resist giving them up? Wha? I explain myself time after time after time after time, willingly and freely and repeatedly. And apparently I do such a great job of that no one can remember what I say or that I say it. Wow.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »

Can we divide our Citizens into two groups , those who take citizenship seriously and those who don't?

Seriously according to whom?

Can those who don't be further devided into those who care more for some other part of their identity and those who are apathetic?

Sure. You can force divisions on other people to your heart's content, but is that a benefit or a harm? I think it's a harm.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 06:02:49 PM »

I disagree UP is generous with his thoughts , but he resists giveing them up on any but his own terms.

Resist giving them up? Wha? I explain myself time after time after time after time, willingly and freely and repeatedly. And apparently I do such a great job of that no one can remember what I say or that I say it. Wow.

I feel your pain , in this instance my first eight words were ignored and my second clause given wrong interpretation.

frustrateing?

I understand.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »

Can we divide our Citizens into two groups , those who take citizenship seriously and those who don't?

Seriously according to whom?

Can those who don't be further devided into those who care more for some other part of their identity and those who are apathetic?

Sure. You can force divisions on other people to your heart's content, but is that a benefit or a harm? I think it's a harm.

Force division or find it?

Is there no natural division like these already existing , before I notice it??

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 06:05:27 PM »

People in ethnically diverse settings don't care about each other.

What a load of nonsense.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »

Yes indeed , get a map of the election results for the last few elections broken down by county or district.

So political disagreement equals fighting?

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 06:08:46 PM »

I feel your pain , in this instance my first eight words were ignored and my second clause given wrong interpretation.

Then pretend you're me, and explain yourself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 06:11:09 PM »

Yes indeed , get a map of the election results for the last few elections broken down by county or district.

So political disagreement equals fighting?

It is a contest.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 06:14:43 PM »

Depends on what you mean by find. Some people thought the inferiority of blacks was self-evident. Some moron or other even funded some institution to find the scientific proof of it. Are you finding as in discovering, or are you merely finding exactly what you have already decided to find?

Possibly, but again, I have to go back to the question, serious according to whom?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:13 PM »

Then pretend you're me, and explain yourself.

You are participateing volentarily , I consider you to be generous , in that you expound on your thinking in a real effort to make it clear.

You have a right to call a halt to further clarifacation at any time , this is a volentary effort you are already generous with.

Thought is one of Mankinds cheif advantages over nature ,valuable stuff, I am very happy that you are not stingy with yours.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »

It is a contest.

Not every contest is a fight.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2007, 06:20:23 PM »

You are participateing volentarily , I consider you to be generous , in that you expound on your thinking in a real effort to make it clear.

Okay. Thank you. I apologize for misunderstanding.

You have a right to call a halt to further clarifacation at any time , this is a volentary effort you are already generous with.

I am very seriously considering that option.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2007, 06:21:12 PM »

Depends on what you mean by find. Some people thought the inferiority of blacks was self-evident. Some moron or other even funded some institution to find the scientific proof of it. Are you finding as in discovering, or are you merely finding exactly what you have already decided to find?

Possibly, but again, I have to go back to the question, serious according to whom?

I think that the inferiority of races has been studyed to the point that its disproof is plentyfull.

That there is a conflict now between urban , suburban and rural Americans can be supported with availible data that seems to reveil a truth , the reasons for this conflict seem worthy of discussion to me.

One of the issues is taxation , Citys tend to adzorb a greater share of tax spending than rural areas so it seems natural that higher taxes have more freinds in the city.