Author Topic: But let's not exagerate the threat  (Read 5169 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: But let's not exagerate the threat
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
<<Even where the UN has taken controll the UN itself behaves badly.>>

Yes, of course, that evil UN.  Maybe it can go to the American army for lessons on how to behave well.  Start 'em off easy, Rape 101, Torture for Dummies, Imprisonment Without Trial - The Primer.

You know, the freshman stuff.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
I'm not sure what Js problem is on this one, though i don't envy the position he's put himself in.  I hope Js realizies I'm not claiming he's hoping for more 911's, hoping for more death and maiming at the hands of terrorists.  It also helps explain why he had such a hard time answering my question as to what price do we pay for minimizing the threat of militant Islam, and all we got was "it'd be dangerous".  What I'm claiming is this apparent need to ignore the threat (yes, minimize it), that it's just coming from some whacked out Muslims, and has no real following.  We just be a tad more diligent & leave everyone else alone, and all will be right as rain.  

The PROBLEM is that in order for Js to come around to recognizing the threat of militant Islam, it will apparently require the death and maiming I referenced above, of thousands more innocent men, women, & children.  911 wasn't enough.  All the decapitations and burning civilians to death isn't enough.  The mass rounding up & killing of Iraqi police recruits isn't enough.  All the terrorist attacks all acrosss the globe, over the last 2 decades, isn't enough.  Just empty rhetoric.  Personally, I'm supporting the effort to prevent such a fruition.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
Yes, of course, that evil UN.  Maybe it can go to the American army for lessons on how to behave well.  Start 'em off easy, Rape 101, Torture for Dummies, Imprisonment Without Trial - The Primer.

Nah, they seem to have that stuff down pat. Last I heard, they had moved on to sex slavery already.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
SEX SLAVERY?

Where YOU been? 

For the American Army, sex slavery came waaay before torture and rape.

I figured these guys just rented "Casualties of War" or read Normand Poirier's reportage of the original incident in Esquire Magazine.  They didn't even need to go to the Army for lessons.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »
SEX SLAVERY?

Where YOU been? 

For the American Army, sex slavery came waaay before torture and rape.

I figured these guys just rented "Casualties of War" or read Normand Poirier's reportage of the original incident in Esquire Magazine.  They didn't even need to go to the Army for lessons.

Funny, I don't remember that being about sex slavery. Perhaps you can explain how sex slavery and gang rape are the same thing?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »
You should have read the article rather than seen the movie.  [Sorry, it might have been Daniel Lang rather than Norman Poirier.]  They kidnapped the teenager and took her with them for several days.  She had to fuck for them, clean for them and cook for them.  When they got tired of her, they ripped open her belly, then blew her head apart with an M16 and like all good Nazis tried to salvage the gold teeth.

Note to sirs:  although the U.S. military abhors crimes like this, hates them and shuns them, does everything it can to see that etc. etc., [the usual bullshit] all four of the gang rapists and murderers drew very light sentences for this crime and in fact almost got away with it completely.

Don't worry, there's STILL plenty the U.S. Army could teach the UN about any war crime, sex slavery included.

I'm not surprised you didn't know about the sex slavery part.  I'm sure the movie cleaned all that up quite a bit.  That's why I didn't bother to see Hollywood versions of what happened in Nam.  Probably portrayed the perps as simple all-American kids, forced into a hostile environment, "traumatized" by their buddies being killed, yadda yadda yadda.  Amazing the amount of brainwashing you are subjected to even as regards your own war crimes.  That's probably how the Army keeps getting away with them.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »
They kidnapped the teenager and took her with them for several days.  She had to fuck for them, clean for them and cook for them.  When they got tired of her, they ripped open her belly, then blew her head apart with an M16 and like all good Nazis tried to salvage the gold teeth.

That's still not sex slavery. It's kidnapping and rape.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »
<<That's still not sex slavery. It's kidnapping and rape.>>

I'd say she was their sex slave while she was forced to fuck for them.  But I can see why you're so eager to have it called "sex slavery."  Gives you such a HUGE moral edge over the UN forces.  Unless they also want to upgrade their activities by calling them kidnapping and rape too.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
I'd say she was their sex slave while she was forced to fuck for them.

That's fine, if you want to make up your own definitions for phrases. Sex slavery is generally considered to be forced prostitution.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
I'd say she was their sex slave while she was forced to fuck for them.

That's fine, if you want to make up your own definitions for phrases.

SOP
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »
<<That's fine, if you want to make up your own definitions for phrases. Sex slavery is generally considered to be forced prostitution.>>

There is no definition for "sex slave" in the Random House Unabridged Dictionary 2nd Edition.  If you google "sex slave" you will find many instances of its being used in circumstances other than forced prostitution, although of course it is also used there as well.

"Sex slave" was a term employed in numerous newspaper accounts of the crimes of ex-Marine Charles Ng, who kidnapped women and forced them into sexual and domestic slavery in a remote cabin he occupied with another vet before killing them. 

The only person making up their own definition for phrases here is you (and your altar boy, of course, faithfully following in your footsteps) but don't let me stop you.  I loved your use of "generally considered to be," which I thought was hilarious. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:36:04 PM by Michael Tee »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
The only person making up their own definition for phrases here is you (and your altar boy, of course, faithfully following in your footsteps) but don't let me stop you.  I loved your use of "generally considered to be," which I thought was hilarious. 

Well, "forced prostitution" is what the UN troops in Africa did. Feel free to look up the stories.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 06:02:25 AM »
<<Well, "forced prostitution" is what the UN troops in Africa did.>>

That was never the issue.  The issue was your asinine and pompous (not to say completely idiotic) attempt to restrict "sex slavery" to just a single one of its many common meanings and your hilarious assertion in the face of all evidence to the contrary that it was "generally considered" to be so restricted.

<<Feel free to look up the stories.>>

Oh, I already do, but thanks anyway.  I'd look 'em up if I felt anything there would explain why Americans feel free to assume an air of moral superiority to the UN and its forces, but I kind of feel I might be wasting my time because I already know that nothing the UN forces ever did would come even close to matching the sheer evil, sadism and horror of US military actions in the Third World generally and Iraq and Viet Nam in particular. 

What I'd really like to see explained is where this totally unwarranted and incomprehensible air of moral superiority comes from.  Is it pure ignorance or brazen lying?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 07:52:16 AM »
What I'd really like to see explained is where this totally unwarranted and incomprehensible air of moral superiority comes from.  Is it pure ignorance or brazen lying?

You'll have to tell me, because you're the one that seems to be claiming moral superiority.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 03:16:44 PM »
<<You'll have to tell me, because you're the one that seems to be claiming moral superiority.>>

My question had to do with the Americans' claim to moral superiority in the context of this thread, wherein fault was found in and fingers pointed at, UN forces.  The claim of moral superiority, if you could just follow this thread, was obviously an American claim of moral superiority over UN forces.

I can tell you right now, unequivocally, that I can see no such basis for any claim of American moral superiority over UN forces.  So that if there is a basis for any such claim, it will have to come from someone other than myself.