Author Topic: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words  (Read 9699 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »
BTW BT....business is hurting....the worst it's been in years.
Scary for me...more scary for the country....

Yeah I know. My sister and brother in law run a printing business. They were at 45 employees. They are down to 32. Still a big payroll to meet every Friday. Especially with the increase in slow pays.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:46 PM »
Declaring war on an entire religion is utter insanity.

Maybe picking on the Druses or the Mormon Fundies, because there are so many fewer of them, but Christians wanting to defeat the Muslims is just bananas.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:35 PM »

Maybe picking on the Druses or the Mormon Fundies, because there are so many fewer of them, but Christians wanting to defeat the Muslims is just bananas.

The kinda of defeating any sane person would be for, would be defeating people like the 19 terrorists that flew the Jets on 9/11. If a so-called 'real Christian' was for ridding the world of Muslims then they would not be real because real Christians believe and follow the teachings of the Holy Bible & Jesus and neither advocates killing Muslims.

Now let me give you a hint at who might be a 'fake' Christian. That would be Reverend Wright, the former minister to Barry Obama. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, & Louis Farrakhan are all phony ministers that hide behind phony religions and their true religion is on par with radical Muslims and they all basically have the same goal. That goal is taking down the USA and killing as many of us as possible.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »

And who would be doing that?  Please provide us with this apparent declaration

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 11:46:32 PM »
if built this 9/11 mosque would be 'monument' to terror.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 11:48:17 PM »
WHY WHY WHY? - Obama is a uniter?
I could not believe my eyes when I read this paragraph!

"Gov. Paterson is concerned that Mayor Mike Bloomberg,
a staunch supporter of putting the mosque at ground zero,
and President Barack Obama, might be advising mosque leaders
to dig in their heels
and insist on the present location

Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

Opponents To Meet With Developers On Troubling Issue

August 17, 2010 10:05 PM

The proposed Mosque site near ground zero (Photo by Chris Hondros/Getty Images)

NEW YORK (CBS 2) There was a possible resolution in the works Tuesday night in the debate
surrounding the proposed mosque and Islamic cultural center near ground zero.

CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer has learned it looks as if the developers of the mosque may be willing to
budge and move away from the Park 51 location where they originally planned the construction.

So will the mosque be moving?

New York Gov. David Paterson plans to meet with developers of the controversial ground zero
mosque as early as this week to offer them state land at another location for their cultural
and religious center. Paterson told Congressman Peter King about the meeting, and King said
the governor asked him to make it public.

The purpose of the meeting would be for the governor to discuss with the leaders of the mosque
where state property is available, said Rep. King. Whether or not people from the mosque would
be willing to consider that property.

King added that the governor seemed very enthused about the anticipated discussions.

For at least a week, the governor's message to the developers has been one of hopeful understanding.

I hope that they type of cultural understanding that they're trying to promote when they build the
center could be practiced right now,Paterson said.

Sources tell CBS 2's Kramer that [size=14t]Gov. Paterson is concerned that Mayor Mike Bloomberg,
a staunch supporter of putting the mosque at ground zero, and President Barack Obama, might be
advising mosque leaders to dig in their heels and insist on the present location.
[/size]

But there was a glimmer of hope that they are open to a compromise.

A Tuesday tweet from the Park51 Twitter account said:

For the past week, we have focused on trying to respond to attacks and detractors of our project.
What's become clear is they won't listen.

In the next 140 character post, they added:

Starting today, we're going to begin addressing questions regarding park51.
We're open to any sensible discussion.

Paterson's office confirmed that discussions between his staff and the developer's staff
have been ongoing and said the governor expects to have a meeting scheduled in the near future.

Congressman King said the openness of the developers to a compromise will be the real test of their intentions.

"If the leaders of the mosque take up the governor on his proposal, it would show that their real intention
is to bring people together, build bridges
," he said. "And not just make a political statement by having a
mosque at Ground Zero."

There's also the issue of separation of church and state, and whether the governor should provide state
land for a mosque.

King said in this case it would be okay, especially if the compromise meets the need of both sides.

As for the debate over the mosque in its current proposed location, religious leaders said Monday
they are worried this one building is leading to a nationwide backlash.

It is the question Muslim leaders and those of other faiths are asking.

How far is too close? If two blocks near the Burlington factory is too close is that far enough?
said Mahdi Bray, the executive director of Muslim American Society Freedom.

Officials said the ground zero mosque controversy is just one of many attempts to prevent
mosques from being built all over the country, and that it may have emboldened other protestors.

Protests have been held on Staten Island, and California, and Tennessee, Wisconsin, Alabama and Florida.

The building of mosques and the resistance from the buildings of mosques has increased throughout
America as well as the destruction and vandalizing of mosque, including a pipe bomb placed in a
mosque in Florida, Bray said.

Leaders of other faiths joined the Muslins American Society Freedom on Tuesday.

I know how I would feel if people started saying there were certain places you weren't allowed to put
up a synagogue and therefore I know what should not be done to people who want to put up a cultural
center which will include a prayer space, said Rabbi Aurthus Waskow, the director of the Shalom Center
in Philadelphia.

But on Tuesday at ground zero many said they were opposed to putting the mosque so close to where
the 9/11 attacks took place. They are not against mosque construction in other parts of the city.

"It's the location, yeah, this is holy ground. A lot of people died here," said Steven Van Cook of Queens.

"My objection is ground zero. This is a holy place. It should remain as a holy place," added Steven Goldberg of Bayside.

What about building it in another place in Manhattan?

"No, I wouldn't mind because you know it's freedom of speech in the country, but I object to it being here,"
Goldberg said.

When asked is he is opposed to the location or the building mosques in New York City, Vito Serzelczyk of
Marlton, N.J., said, "Location, location, location. This is a very sensitive area. I was here on Sept. 11.
It was a terrible, tragic event and I feel sorry for the families of those people, victims, and this is not r
eally the place to build a mosque."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/17/paterson-king-hope-for-mosque-compromise/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:53:49 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »
I have been trying to imagine what the most exact reversal of this situation would be.

How about this...

Right next to this...?

An Army recruiting station at Wounded Knee?

A Starbucks inside the Kaaba?

Well , help me out , what would really be the reverse of the situation we have been discussing??

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/index_e2.html

http://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/

http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/b29.html

http://www.woundedkneemuseum.org/index.htm

http://www.toursaudiarabia.com/kaaba.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 01:29:43 AM »
Ground Zero Mosque On The Move?

Opponents To Meet With Developers On Troubling Issue

August 17, 2010 10:05 PM

The proposed Mosque site near ground zero (Photo by Chris Hondros/Getty Images)

NEW YORK (CBS 2) There was a possible resolution in the works Tuesday night in the debate
surrounding the proposed mosque and Islamic cultural center near ground zero.

*snip*

Hmmm, this post looks quite familiar      8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
Hmmm, this post looks

I thought you said you were stepping out of this thread!  ;)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »
Now let me give you a hint at who might be a 'fake' Christian. That would be Reverend Wright, the former minister to Barry Obama. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, & Louis Farrakhan are all phony ministers that hide behind phony religions and their true religion is on par with radical Muslims and they all basically have the same goal. That goal is taking down the USA and killing as many of us as possible.
====================================================================

At that time did any of these men ever state they wanted to kill anyone?

Most Muslims are not radicals, and it is absolutely impossible to kill the actual perpetrators of the WTC bombings because they are already dead.

The US has no reason to declare war on all of Islam. Your knowledge as revealed in this forum of both Islam and Christianity is warped beyond recognition. You are an authority on nothing except what occurs when ignorance, stupidity and BSDS (big swinging dick syndrome) all are merged in a warped mind.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Hmmm, this post looks

I thought you said you were stepping out of this thread!  ;)

I lied     8)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »
The US has no reason to declare war on all of Islam. Your knowledge as revealed in this forum of both Islam and Christianity is warped beyond recognition. You are an authority on nothing except what occurs when ignorance, stupidity and BSDS (big swinging dick syndrome) all are merged in a warped mind.

And your knowledge, and memory, appear to be sorely lacking, since we have yet to see this so called delcaration, by the U.S.  Is it coming anytime soon, or is it just your standard blowing smoke, with its associated personal attacks?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
I was referring to the war that CU4 and Kramer seem to be longing for.

McCain was not elected, hence I deem that there will be no war declarations until some really stupid GOPer is president.

I have not seen where Wright, Sharpton, or even Farrakhan have expressed a desire to kill Americans as Kramer alleges, either. Farrakhan seems to be rather invisible lately. I think he is seriously ill.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2010, 11:55:38 AM »
I was referring to the war that CU4 and Kramer seem to be longing for.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
Why not drop some bombs on Pakistan, now that they have that flood and all? It would be an IDEAL time to take out millions of evil Muslims at a special monsoon price. After we wipe out twenty million or so, we can send missionaries and convert them to Jeezus.

There might be more Pakistanis on this planet than people in the Russian Federation. There are surely more Pakis than Russians.