Author Topic: DBD  (Read 2348 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DBD
« on: November 10, 2006, 02:07:22 AM »
 Diebold Incorporated  (Public, NYSE:DBD) - Add to Portfolio - Discuss DBD  Find more results for DBD 

46.00    Open:  45.89      Mkt Cap:  3.02B      P/E:  44.66
   High:  46.08      52Wk High:  46.35      F P/E:  N/A
+0.00 (0.00%)     Low:  45.63     52Wk Low:  36.40     Beta:  1.22
Nov 9, 4:00PM ET     Vol:  0.00      Avg Vol:  578,000.00      EPS:  1.03

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=DBD

Hmmmmmmm....

Can't fix an election but the stock is still up?

yellow_crane

Re: DBD
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »
"Can't fix an election but the stock is still up?"

I should step forward here and be honest.

I have to admit that a great weight has been lifted from my stubbornly obtuse shoulders.

Most of my energy prior to the great Dem victory was spent worrying that Diebold would decide the election.

I know they are capable, and I believe they were culpable in those Nebraska and Georgia stints, but now I wonder if the cumulative dissatisfaction, including the consciences of true Conservatives in the Repub Party, had them intercede to make sure Diebold played it straight.   Of course, the fact that the Dems had 7000 lawyers sitting on the watch perch nationwide was probably crucial as a dissuader.

This great reaffirmation in terms of the integrity of the process has refreshed my soul and balmed my moody cynicism, as has the honest and laudable reactions from Republican Conservatives that suggested that they, too, had had way more that they could stomach of the Neocon spectre.

I have not been redeemed to the extent, however, that I do not take great pleasure in watching them all hanging their heads, making circles in the gravel with their toes, their titanic smugness humbled overnight.  It was their collective collosal cockiness in each and every event that confirmed (in a twisted way) and fueled W's sneering, runaway hubris, already extant from the rank familiial elitism that the Bushes are famous for.

Rove, Condi, Cheney, Rummy, et al, were all undeniably guilty of displaying great arrogance in response to even the slightest criticism of their grand intent. The bunch of them and their grand plans for imperialistic takeover of the world resembled Ian Fleming's goofy criminal masterminds more than any other metaphor I can think of.

Most important, America's leading Aryan fascist--the elusive and rarely mentioned Bill Kristol, who was central in the Neocon coup--has been rendered toothless, and is now, hopefully, the Right's radically chic toast.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:03:51 PM »
I know they are capable, and I believe they were culpable in those Nebraska and Georgia stints, but now I wonder if the cumulative dissatisfaction, including the consciences of true Conservatives in the Repub Party, had them intercede to make sure Diebold played it straight.   Of course, the fact that the Dems had 7000 lawyers sitting on the watch perch nationwide was probably crucial as a dissuader.

Either that, or they weren't involved in voter fraud at all. Occam's Razor says that the simplest solution is usually the correct one.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »
I would like them to work on the process to improve public confidence .

Imagine the political climater being better for Republicans last week , the same machines would have done the same thing but we would be talking about fraud.

I think that Ami had a good idea , with attaching a printer to the voteing machine , perhaps it copuld also produce a recipt for the voter to keep.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »
There are more possibilities about Diebold than have been stated.

Scenario 1:  Diebold helped GOP steal elections in 2000 and since.  This time, the polls and everyone was looking for Dems to win.  (Personally, I wasn't looking for them to win so big.)  So, the GOP opted to keep Diebold in pocket because a GOP win would make the world (and potential mobs) curious if not outright suspicious and angry.

Scenario 2:  No elections were stolen and Dems/crazies were just crybabies and out to blame anything.   This time, it went the Dems way due to the public's disgust with the GOP corruption, the "war" and the economy decreasing the size of the middle class.

Scenario 3:  Diebold helped GOP steal elections in 2000 and since.  This time, Diebold helped the Dems win (for any number of reasons, including collusion between DLC/Hillary faction and neo-con faction)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »
"Can't fix an election but the stock is still up?"

I should step forward here and be honest.  I have to admit that a great weight has been lifted from my stubbornly obtuse shoulders.  Most of my energy prior to the great Dem victory was spent worrying that Diebold would decide the election.

Because we know had the GOP won, then obviously that would have proof that the machines were tampered with, correct?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 01:52:17 PM »

And the simplest explanation still remains - Diebold was not involved with voter fraud. There is no hard evidence to remove this explanation from the pool.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 01:54:48 PM »

Scenario 1:  Diebold helped GOP steal elections in 2000 and since.  This time, the polls and everyone was looking for Dems to win.  (Personally, I wasn't looking for them to win so big.)  So, the GOP opted to keep Diebold in pocket because a GOP win would make the world (and potential mobs) curious if not outright suspicious and angry.

Scenario 2:  No elections were stolen and Dems/crazies were just crybabies and out to blame anything.   This time, it went the Dems way due to the public's disgust with the GOP corruption, the "war" and the economy decreasing the size of the middle class.

Scenario 3:  Diebold helped GOP steal elections in 2000 and since.  This time, Diebold helped the Dems win (for any number of reasons, including collusion between DLC/Hillary faction and neo-con faction)

Scenario 4: DNC outbids RNC at the Diebold election auction.