Author Topic: Lie of the Day  (Read 1358 times)

Richpo64

Lie of the Day
« on: October 16, 2007, 03:07:51 PM »
"You're a thinker; that's why you're here," said Chris Matthews to Ben Affleck on MSNBC's "Hardball."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lie of the Day
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »
rich maybe thats why Matthew's unwatched show remains mired in a humiliating FOURTH place out of FIVE shows,
and Matthews gets a whopping 1/4 the audience of his Fox News competitor. whats funny is how many of the democrats
are refusing to debate on fox, but the republicans allow such an obvious liberal biased chris matthews to moderate the republican debate.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:39:54 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:03:49 PM »
What if anything does Ben Affleck think about and why is it a lie to claim that he thinks at all?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
Richie Poo thinks Ben Afleck is an actor, therefore a liberal, and therefore is incapable of thinking.

The world he inhabits is a very simple place.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Richpo64

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
Ben Afleck is a liberal you dipshit.

Can't afford cable?

lol ...

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »
Richie Poo thinks Ben Afleck is an actor, therefore a liberal, and therefore is incapable of thinking.

He doesn't have to be an actor to be a liberal. His public support for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004 seems to be enough.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
Okay, so Ben Affleck is a liberal actor. I'm still unclear as to why "You're a thinker; that's why you're here," is a lie. Do we have so evidence that Ben Affleck is not a thinker? Or are we just to supposed to equate 'liberal' with 'unthinking'?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »
I believe it is entirely within the realm of the possible for an individual to be an actor, and a Gore and Kerry supporter and be a thinker.
Probably not on Planet Richiepoo, however, because we have heard that it bears a strong resemblance to Bizzarro World.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 09:47:41 PM »

Okay, so Ben Affleck is a liberal actor. I'm still unclear as to why "You're a thinker; that's why you're here," is a lie

I can't speak for Rich and I did not refer to it as a "lie", but Rich probably means it is just more biased BS from a liberal commentator like Chris Matthews who probably would not introduce a conservative in the same manner. I doubt Matthews would introduce Ann Coulter as "a thinker" who graduated cum laude from Cornell University, graduated from the University of Michigan Law School,  served as a law clerk for United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and worked for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee. But Ben Affleck who is a two time college drop-out, now that guy is a "thinker". I am not saying Ben is a dummy, it's just funny to watch someone like Matthews pretend (live a lie?) he is some kind of unbaised journalist/reporter.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »

I doubt Matthews would introduce Ann Coulter as "a thinker" who graduated cum laude from Cornell University, graduated from the University of Michigan Law School,  served as a law clerk for United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and worked for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee.

When Coulter starts talking like a thinker rather than a self-serving, mean-spirited reactionary, I might take that more seriously.

But Ben Affleck who is a two time college drop-out, now that guy is a "thinker".

You know what might help. Some context for the quote. I don't watch Chris Matthews, so I did not see whatever conversation he had with Ben Affleck. What was the exchange about and what did Affleck say?

I am not saying Ben is a dummy, it's just funny to watch someone like Matthews pretend (live a lie?) he is some kind of unbaised journalist/reporter.

Again, I don't watch Chris Matthews, so I have to ask, has he actually claimed to be unbiased? And for the record, that he might not like Ann Coulter I can't hold against him because I don't much care for her either.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--