Author Topic: Wow, Clinton tells Brass "How dare you"  (Read 2761 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Wow, Clinton tells Brass "How dare you"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:12:02 AM »
I just watched the clip on CNN this morning.  They showed Clinton telling the guy to shut up, and promising an answer,then two guards hustling the young man out the door - -  never bothered to show Clinton actually rebutting the guy, although probably, like good Nazis everywhere, they figured it was enough of a rebuttal just telling the guy to shut up and then hustling him out the door.  THAT oughtta settle it. 

It was instructive to hear the two anchors introduce the clip, something along the lines of "Well, one of the Clintons had more than he could take and really gave some back . . . " not those words exactly, but a semi-humorous encapsulation, completely pre-judging the issue (it was out-of-bounds, Loony Tunes,) belittling the questioner, and essentially validating Clinton's anger and implying that the young man deserved to be turfed out of the hall merely for asking.  In big ways and small (and I'm not pretending this was anything but small) the nation's long, slow slide into fascism continues unabated.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »
I just watched the clip on CNN this morning.  They showed Clinton telling the guy to shut up, and promising an answer,then two guards hustling the young man out the door - -  never bothered to show Clinton actually rebutting the guy, although probably, like good Nazis everywhere, they figured it was enough of a rebuttal just telling the guy to shut up and then hustling him out the door.  THAT oughtta settle it. 

It was instructive to hear the two anchors introduce the clip, something along the lines of "Well, one of the Clintons had more than he could take and really gave some back . . . " not those words exactly, but a semi-humorous encapsulation, completely pre-judging the issue (it was out-of-bounds, Loony Tunes,) belittling the questioner, and essentially validating Clinton's anger and implying that the young man deserved to be turfed out of the hall merely for asking.  In big ways and small (and I'm not pretending this was anything but small) the nation's long, slow slide into fascism continues unabated.

On the contrary idiocy like that is producing distance between decision makers and the public.

Do we complain about that distance and not complain about the pie slingers who make it necessary?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »
<<On the contrary idiocy like that is producing distance between decision makers and the public.

<<Do we complain about that distance and not complain about the pie slingers who make it necessary?>>

In a monarchy, you probably complain about the pie slingers.  In a democracy, I'd be more inclined to complain about the distance.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »
Clinton told "me" to shut up because he was in on it in the same way that Bush is in on it.  They are complicit in their allowing it to happen.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »
ROFL
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »
ROFL

Laugh like the braying jackass you are.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 10:13:05 PM »
<<On the contrary idiocy like that is producing distance between decision makers and the public.

<<Do we complain about that distance and not complain about the pie slingers who make it necessary?>>

In a monarchy, you probably complain about the pie slingers.  In a democracy, I'd be more inclined to complain about the distance.

Lincon spent time shakeing the hands of visitors and the Whtehouse had no fence.

Olaf Palme took walks through the city alone.

Idiots make this sort of behavior obsolete .

A few more idiots and they won't even speak to us from podiums.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 10:45:43 PM »
ROFL

Laugh like the braying jackass you are.

I think in the dictionary, under jackass, it references the idiots who actually think 911 was an inside job

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »
<<A few more idiots and they won't even speak to us from podiums.>>

If you're referring to the cowardly little shits who now rule over you, you'll see that most of their live speeches even now are given to the military.  JFK, who had faced death in the Pacific during the war, was more philosophical about it.  He rode in an open car, and whoever wanted to take a shot at him was welcome to try.  I don't recall Ike or Truman cowering from public exposure either.  Once upon a time, people used to expect a certain amount of courage from their leaders.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 04:25:21 AM »
Clinton told "me" to shut up because he was in on it in the same way that Bush is in on it.  They are complicit in their allowing it to happen.

After giving this some thought, I want to modify this.

Clinton told "me" to shut up because he was, like Bush, he stands to benefit from it.  If their lies get mainstream sunlight, the whole "war on terrah" publicity campaign is shot straight to hell and Hillary can't ride into the White House on some of Bush's hardcore supporters who see her making comments about being strong on defense while the big money and MIC types give her advertising (brainwashing) dollars to keep them rolling in the money and throwing $10m bat mitzvahs and $6000 shower curtains.

While George W Bush and William J Clinton may not have known that WTC was going to be wired for demolition or that "19 hijackers would fly planes into the WTC" (that's becoming an almost laughable cover story these days) or that something was going to happen on 9.11, they are complicit in the ensuing cover-ups and the perpetuation of the Iraq invasion and occupation and widespread murder and pillage of such.

Worst of all, both the Bush's and the Clinton's have and will retain the power over the White House that neither deserve nor earned.  As the nation is distracted by everything from the World Series to Dancing With The Stars, their slavery deepens.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »
Do a comparison.  Which side are you on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E19KjN4ZY1Y&NR=1

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
<<A few more idiots and they won't even speak to us from podiums.>>

If you're referring to the cowardly little shits who now rule over you, you'll see that most of their live speeches even now are given to the military.  JFK, who had faced death in the Pacific during the war, was more philosophical about it.  He rode in an open car, and whoever wanted to take a shot at him was welcome to try.  I don't recall Ike or Truman cowering from public exposure either.  Once upon a time, people used to expect a certain amount of courage from their leaders.

Do you know what happened to Olaf Palme? He was by all accounts a nice guy .

I suppose you do know what happened to Kennedy and almost happened to Reagan , Ford .

Speaking from a podium is as close as any of them get to us now , and I greive the need to have this distance.

Idiots who disrupt a speech have given up all hope that they or anyone in their cause will ever have a podium of their own?

Perhaps the fitting punishment would be to give the se guys five minutes of air time and let them tell the nation anything thay wanted from a nice podium  with two t-37 aircraft running their engines immediately behind.
http://www.af.mil/news/story_media.asp?id=123009630

This would be beautifull , but it would not reveil to someone unaccustomed to wearing the shoe on the other foot exactly what they are guilty of.

It would be a lot better to get ahold of one of these hecklers and give him open mike and respectfull silence long enough for him to reveil to the world how empty his head is.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 06:01:40 PM »
<<It would be a lot better to get ahold of one of these hecklers and give him open mike and respectfull silence long enough for him to reveil to the world how empty his head is.>>

I agree.  I'm not saying the guy's head is empty or not, but if he's got a comment, let him have his say.  The audience could judge for itself if his head is empty or not.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »
We do not have free speech in this country unless we permit all voices to be heard via the media.

Clinton's "how dare you" is great for YouTube entertainment purposes, but Clinton did not permit this guy to say anything. He was thrown out.

The inside job would have involved Juniorbush and Cheney either engineering the 9-11 attack or simply permitting it to happen, so as to get the country to get behind his aggression against Iraq, not Clinton, so it hardly makes sense for Clinton to say this.

I would not put anything past Cheney, and Juniorbush is a mere flunky, a Mortimer Snerd who sitsw on Cheney's lap, wired for sound and stuffed into the presidency with a Supreme Court coup.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."