Author Topic: Michael Brown Alleged to have robbed convenience store before he was killed  (Read 9407 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So it is okay to shoot an unarmed person unless they are naked and have their hands in plain sight?

If a cop should shoot YOU because you were wearing clothes and your hands could not be seen, would that be okay?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So it is okay to shoot an unarmed person unless they are naked and have their hands in plain sight?

...or if they're charging you, and you are in fear for your life, having just been beaten by them and they're nearly twice your weight.  Notice, color of skin has nothing to do with that

If a cop should shoot YOU because you were wearing clothes and your hands could not be seen, would that be okay?

That's not a valid reason to shoot anyone.  There has to be a perceived threat.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So you can shoot to kill anyone you are afraid of, even if they are entirely unarmed, and you are sitting in a car, which you could shut yourself up in and drive away.

Is that it?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Speaking as a civilian, IF they are coming at you, and you have a definite fear your life is in danger...ABSOLUTELY.  You have no blooming idea of how "unarmed" they are.  They could have a switchblade, a razor blade, hell they could have a rock, but if they're coming at you, you absolutely can defend yourself with lethal force if necessary.

Speaking for the Police, I wasn't there, so I have no idea what the officer was facing, but if these eye-witness accounts being reported that are being corroborated by other reports, that of Brown charging the officer, after the initial assault Brown had on the officer, he had every legal right to defend himself, using his firearm
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

That could have happened to me.

This was about a decade ago, I was walking along the street I lived on, I was drawing near a parked patrol car.
     A county Deputy got out and inquired about the gun in my holster, what brand is it?

I moved gently to keep my hands in sight and away from the holster and told him that what I had in the holster was a cell phone, I was outwardly calm but inwardly I felt a lot of tension coming on suddenly.

So the gun in my holster was a Motorola , and the deputy really said he thought he saw a Glock, if someone had rung me just as he recognized the Glock he would also have seen a fast draw.

Which would have put my survival in jeopardy , but would have made this story even more funny.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The cop was sitting in his patrol car. He closes and locks the door, starts the engine, and suddenly he is no longer being threatened, he has become a threat.

If some grand jury decides that the cop acted entirely within the law, he is going to piss off thousands of people.
The Rodney King case was an example of what could happen if they just let this shooting pass.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So .... facts don't matter.   You weren't there, but opposed to what you claimed, the officer has been prejudged by you, Sharpton, and the rest of the lynch mob.   The only thing missing is you all need to be wearing black sheets

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:

If some grand jury decides that the cop acted entirely within the law,.....

What if that is the only thing that a jury can find?

Are we really going to tell out policemen not to ever confront anyone?

This policeman might have thought he was just correcting a jaywalker, should he not have?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
So you can shoot to kill anyone you are afraid of, even if they are entirely unarmed, and you are sitting in a car, which you could shut yourself up in and drive away.

Is that it?

I think this is the right question.

The answer is no.

We cannot allow our police to roll up their windows and drive away from troubles, it is in their job description to drive to where the trouble is and get out of the car there.

If deadly force is used , the question becomes , was it done as a reasonable person would have done and was the law broken.

If the situation was such that a reasonable person would use deadly force and the law allows everything that was done , there is nothing to accuse.

But if we are going to tell our police to drive away from all law breaking , why not fire them all and save the money?  That is not a choice available to them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I hardly think that it benefits the community for some cop to shoot an unarmed man which then provokes a riot that destroys millions of dollars of property.

The defense of the community and its tranquility are far more important than the macho of some damned cop, who can call for backup and return. 

Here in Miami I have seen seven cop cars all surrounding one lone driver. I have no idea what the crime was, but no one was killed.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
We cannot allow our police to roll up their windows and drive away from troubles,

Ha Ha....what a joke that would be!

Of course then the police-haters would sue the Police claiming...
"OMG the police drove away & my poor innocent son got killed".

You can't satisfy these nutcase 2nd guessing people....
You are damned if you do....and damned if you don't
They want to sit back in their recliners from an unfolding unpredictable reality
and pretend in 20/20 hind-site there is a way to predict the unpredictable
and mandate one size fits all text-book solutions....

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It would be a good policy for police everywhere to adopt the clever tactic of not shooting unarmed citizens whenever it is possible to avoid such.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And there in lies the issue....when its possible.  YOU WEREN'T THERE.  It's ENTIRELY possible that this shooting was absolutely necessary.  Did the officer know that when Brown was charging him, that he was indeed "unarmed"?  You know that for a fact??  With a broken eye orbit, caused by Brown, if Brown's arms come forward in any way, as he's charging, you have maybe a second to react.  And yes, you keep shooting until the threat has been put down.  The Police aren't what you see on shows like Silverado or Justified.  They can't just "shoot them in the leg", or shoot a weapon out of their hand, when they're being attacked.  You aim center mass, to lessen any stray bullets, and keep shooting until there's no longer a threat on your life

The riots are caused by the idiots like JJ & Sharpton, using their media bullhorn to stoke racial anger, proclaiming how this cop is obviously guilty and just...not in general, but Justice for Brown alone is achieved.  The thing is, you don't care, you've prejudged him as well, and damn any evidence that says otherwise.  The facts don't matter outside of Brown was shot, he was unarmed, he was black, and it was a white cop....case closed, the cop is guilty of murder, if not worse. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Yeah, sure, Sharpton caused riots.

Only in your teensy little mind.

Riots are caused by opportunists who use the breakdown of law and order to steal TVs, hair extensions, money., booze and of course the ever popular money.

All that cop needed to do was just back off down the street and call for backup.

Of course, the desire to use a gun is the sort of thing that makes you cream your jeans, so that has to be the proper thing to do. Let 'em loot the WalMart, Booze City and the Kwik-E-Mart, it's time to show what guns can do. Bang! Bang! Take that! You will never enjoy another stolen Swisher Sweet again!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Yeah, sure, Sharpton caused riots.

ABSOFRELINLOUTELY.  Have you ever heard this supposed spokesperson for the Afican American community, say anything along the lines of "Ok, stop it...no more rioting"  No, quite the contrary, he's using his bull horn, stoking up anger, for an officer he's already pre-judged as committing murder.  Of course that's going to cause riots

All that cop needed to do was just back off down the street and call for backup.

YOU WEREN'T THERE.  YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SITUATION AND CIRCUMSTANCES WERE, OR WHAT THIS OFFICER COULD OR COULDN'T DO

As far as the rest of your ignorant anti-gun rant, I'll just remind you to take your meds

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:09:42 PM by sirs »